MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

So MLB has admitted to using two different balls this season, one of which was “bouncier”. This was done without the knowledge of the players or clubs. I don’t feel like this is gonna be great for the new CBA negotiations. Also, it’s a real bad look, especially since MLB also partnered with sports betting companies this season. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I should also say that Glanville is absolutely fucking spot on in his take. Epileptic Seizure Jax produces way better content than regular Jax.

It's adding insult to injury for the MLB to have been so negligent and irresponsible to have its biggest blatantly cheat for YEARS without fine or suspension, elect the fool I  charge during those years to the hall (https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/selig-bud#:~:text=Selig was elected to the,been born July 30%2C 1934%3F) but NOW we're clutching pearls? It's a fucking embarrassment to the hall and MLB either way and to refuse to elect them is drawing it out. IMO, worse to have Bonds et al out rather than in. Particularly considering Selig's status.

9 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I should also say that Glanville is absolutely fucking spot on in his take. Epileptic Seizure Jax produces way better content than regular Jax.

Seems weird though considering they just let someone in with a positive test, even if it shouldn't have been public knowledge. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Seems weird though considering they just let someone in with a positive test, even if it shouldn't have been public knowledge. 

I’m not a fan of Ortiz’ induction, or of the fact that he seems to get a pass from the media. I also don’t subscribe to the philosophy that because some cheaters have been let in, the doors should be thrown open for all cheaters. 

7 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I’m not a fan of Ortiz’ induction, or of the fact that he seems to get a pass from the media. I also don’t subscribe to the philosophy that because some cheaters have been let in, the doors should be thrown open for all cheaters. 

But the thing is we don't know who all the guilty parties are, while at the same time we 100% know that the league office and all the front offices knew what was going on and tried to hide it. Just say these guys played in an era of rampant PED abuse and then flag the guys who were caught or suspected of using on their plaques. 

Archived