MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Part of me wonders if they didn’t just say “Okay… what rhymes with Indians?”

Indeed.

Anyways, the AL Central still remains the division where one team's name makes sense and the other four are trash.

25 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Spiders are icky. Marketing says so.

They could have instantly become the second coolest team in the MLB. I mean, I don’t give a single shit about the city of Cleveland or any of its sports teams, but I’d have bought a Spiders hat right away.

Reminds me of being a kid asking my grandfather to buy me a Devil Ray's hat. I had no idea who they were, but it was cool. I'm sure the Spiders would have gotten similar support. Guardians is just so meh.

39 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Spiders are icky. Marketing says so.

Sox are icky too, and a far dumber name.

Some stuff:

Yanks getting Anthony Rizzo for prospects Kevin Alcantara and Alexander Vizcaino

Dodgers getting Danny Duffy for a PTBNL (which one I would guess depends on when or if Duffy actually returns from the IL)

Padres looking like they’re gonna land Scherzer 

12 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Some stuff:

Yanks getting Anthony Rizzo for prospects Kevin Alcantara and Alexander Vizcaino

Dodgers getting Danny Duffy for a PTBNL (which one I would guess depends on when or if Duffy actually returns from the IL)

Just saw this about Rizzo, stoked that he’s joining us on the dark side :devil:

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Update on this: apparently the Padres and Nats had agreed on the principles of a deal, but something fell through and/or held things up. Latest now is that the Dodgers are making “significant progress” on a deal that would land both Scherzer and Trea Turner.

24 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Update on this: apparently the Padres and Nats had agreed on the principles of a deal, but something fell through and/or held things up. Latest now is that the Dodgers are making “significant progress” on a deal that would land both Scherzer and Trea Turner.

That would be a coup, especially since there's little chance the piece of shit ever pitches for the Dodgers again.

Well the Yanks certainly shored up their lack of lefties and glaring holes.  Not thrilled how many prospects it cost, but happy they haven't given up any of their top guys...yet.  Wonder if they'll throw Voit into a package now for pitching.

9 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Dodgers getting Scherzer and Turner for Josiah Gray and C Keibert Ruiz and two PTBNL :blink:

Where is Seager gonna slot into this lineup when he comes back, @Myshkin please explain 

Seager will likely be back at SS, with Trea at 2nd.

Deal’s not officially done, but it looks like the return for the Nats will be Ruiz, Gray, Donovan Casey, and Gerardo Carrillo. Casey and Carrillo are mid level guys, but Ruiz and Gray are (according to most) our top 2 prospects. Ruiz is expendable since we have a lot of depth at C in both the majors and minors, but giving up Gray hurts a bit. Still though, I love this deal.

Archived