MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I mean, it’s only gonna get worse for you.

I mean, yeah...but the Nationals are really helping a little with their version of the white flag...

But they've botched the whole thing in Chicago...

9 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I mean, yeah...but the Nationals are really helping a little with their version of the white flag...

But they've botched the whole thing in Chicago...

In a few hours I fully expect to hear Bryant and Kimbrel to the Giants. 

I dunno, cheer up @Jaxom 1974.  Probably my favorite MLB trade deadline was when the Yanks were selling Chapman and Miller.  But then again I'm a prospects fiend.  Alcantara is pretty cool prospect, although very very far away.  You should be getting more shiny new toys soon!

ETA:  Also, at least with the Yanks deal you got better prospects in exchange for eating the rest of Rizzo's deal.  So at least your favorite team aren't ridiculously cheap bastards that are sacrificing assets to line their own pockets like mine!

10 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I barely even care about baseball and I'm pissed that the nationals are trading turner.  Why is he even available?  

After next season the market for his next deal will probably be around Lindor's 10/341 deal, if not more.  Nats ownership is reportedly not willing to commit to that.  They could have waited until the offseason, but once you're set on dealing him and giving up on this season, doesn't seem to be much point.

10 hours ago, DMC said:

I dunno, cheer up @Jaxom 1974.  Probably my favorite MLB trade deadline was when the Yanks were selling Chapman and Miller.  But then again I'm a prospects fiend.  Alcantara is pretty cool prospect, although very very far away.  You should be getting more shiny new toys soon!

ETA:  Also, at least with the Yanks deal you got better prospects in exchange for eating the rest of Rizzo's deal.  So at least your favorite team aren't ridiculously cheap bastards that are sacrificing assets to line their own pockets like mine!

Don't get me wrong...each deal thus far seems to have netted some nice prospects for the future.  It's only painful because the face of the franchise for nearly 10 years wasn't supposed to be one of the pieces being moved...this team should have won at least one more WS in the last 5 years, but it turns out the ownership is actually about the dollars and not the team like they said they were...

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

but it turns out the ownership is actually about the dollars and not the team like they said they were...

I know that country song.

Also, who are you referring to as the face of the franchise for nearly 10 years?  Rizzo?  Why wouldn't they move him if they're selling?  He's a free agent at the end of the year.

Looks like the package going back to the Twins for Berrios will include Simeon Woods-Richardson and Austin Martin, both top 50 prospects. This is a pretty similar return to what the Dodgers gave up for Scherzer and Turner.

Well that was an intense finish. For me some surprises were a few players who didn’t move, who will prob be elsewhere next season. 

Clear winners of the deadline are the former Brooklyn residents (LA is a cesspool of a city and should be blown up and sunk into the ocean) who look poised to defend the crown. 

For myself, I’m interested to pay more attention to the NL East race now, Atlanta & Philly made some moves to position themselves for a late season push against the Mets, and for my Yanks it’s gonna be a breath of fresh air to see a couple big lefty bats deposit balls into the Stadium seats

Archived