Character interactions you wish had happened

Canon Claude

The title is self explanatory. Given how many great characters are dead, and thus won’t be able to interact anymore, no doubt there’s a bunch of missed opportunities that you would have loved to read about. Any in particular, though?

1 hour ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Tywin and Stannis

This is the biggest one for me. Watching those two try to out-intimidate each other, plus the fact that they can both be utterly disarming and scathing with their words, it would be an incredible face-off between those two men.

But on that note, I would have liked to see Stannis interact with Ned or Robert. Ned is basically the brother that Robert chose to love over his own flesh and blood, and it's clear that Stannis still resents Ned for it. After all that Stannis has done for an older brother who didn't deserve his loyalty. Seeing him interact with Robert or Ned would force him into a vulnerable position, so he's going to be even more scathing than usual, or who knows? 

Ned and Jon. It would have been really interesting to see Jon's reactions to finally being told about his mom. It would have been interesting to see how Ned handled his own guilt as well.

Cersei and Jon. She was enamored with Rhaegar, and Jon has his father's personality. So I'm wandering whether Cersei would have seen beyond Jon's obviously Stark looks and felt who he really is - Rhaegar's son.

Dunk and Targaryen Court. Would have been interesting to see how he was treated by noble courtiers when he first came to court. They think that Baelor's death is partially his fault (and everyone loved/respected Baelor), but Dunk is Prince Aegon's master, so they can't outright mock or bully him. Those interactions would have been really fun to read.

Dunk and Daemon II Blackfyre, several years after events at Whitewalls.

Aegon IV, Daeron II and the Dragonknight. Would have been interesting to read what kind of relationship those three had, because I think that Daeron was Dragonknight's bastard, not King Aegon's son.

Aerys II and Varys, at the time when Varys came to Targaryen court and became Master of Whisperers. I'm curious how exactly did he managed to turn Aerys against Rhaegar, and what Rhaegar thought about Varys. So also - Rhaegar and Varys.

Rhaegar and Jon Connington. I think that Jon is gay and he had a crush on Rhaegar. That's why he is willing to dedicate his life to raising Rhaegar's son and that's why, unlike Tyrion,  he wasn't interested to watch Lemore's bathing. Would be interesting to read what was so special about Rhaegar, why people fell for him (Lyanna, Cersei, Jon, Marwyn, etc.).

Bloodraven and Serenei of Lys. Was he aware that Serenei actually was his grandmother - Larra Rogare? Did he knew that his beloved Shiera was a product of incest between a mother and a son?

Interaction between Bloodraven and Shiera, when he woke up and saw that she "wedded" him to a tree.

OK, not entirely in line with the OP, I´ll give some thoughts that haven´t but might eventually happen since characters aren´t dead yet.

Tyrion/Arya. 2 of my absolute favorites (not just ASOIAF but of any books I´ve ever read). 2 of the most witty and funniest characters of the series. And yet 2 characters who are not afraid to turn all-out ruthless if need be.

Aegon/Arya. I KNOW there´s like 0 percent chance to happen, but if I could choose they´d be endgame king/queen. They´re like one of a kind and I can´t think of anyone better in charge.

Sansa/Death. :D Hate me if you like but I just hope this bitch doesn´t make it trough the books. She´s just like her mother and she only turned interesting after becomig LSH.

Maester Aemon and Archmaester Marwyn.  The meeting of those two minds would have been awesome.  Which is probably why it never happened.

Arya and Lyanna.  Arya has been compared to Lyanna so much, it would have been interesting if they were able to interact.

1 hour ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

OK, not entirely in line with the OP, I´ll give some thoughts that haven´t but might eventually happen since characters aren´t dead yet.

Tyrion/Arya. 2 of my absolute favorites (not just ASOIAF but of any books I´ve ever read). 2 of the most witty and funniest characters of the series. And yet 2 characters who are not afraid to turn all-out ruthless if need be.

Aegon/Arya. I KNOW there´s like 0 percent chance to happen, but if I could choose they´d be endgame king/queen. They´re like one of a kind and I can´t think of anyone better in charge.

Sansa/Death. :D Hate me if you like but I just hope this bitch doesn´t make it trough the books. She´s just like her mother and she only turned interesting after becomig LSH.

I like the idea of Tyrion and Arya.  I can imagine those two getting along.  They are also two people who take others as they come.  Arya wouldn't be bothered that Tyrion is a dwarf, and Tyrion wouldn't mind that Arya is a murderer (he would probably find it quite fascinating).

As to Sansa, I think you have it backwards.  Sansa is like Ned - focused on honor and obeying rules, while Arya is like Catelyn - more pragmatic and willing to go way outside the rules.

Jon and Randyl Tarly - so that Jon could throw in his face what a great and brave person Sam is

Robb and Sansa/Arya - it would be interesting to see the girls reaction to their brother after finding out he wouldn't trade Jaime to save them yet was perfectly happy to jeopardise his cause to marry Jeyne Westerling

Ramsay and Joffrey

Given all the Jon Dany shipping especially after the abomination, RLJ reveals etc , I'm mighty surprised no one mentioned that yet! 

If it's only dead characters, then meh, they're all watching the show from above/below 

Not that I wish JonDany to happen... I want Ygritte resurrected and Daenerys to end up orgying with Euron Freys and Boltons. Throw in Michael myers

The signs are there 

On 7/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, The hairy bear said:

I'd like to see how the planned couples before the war would interact with each other: Robert and Lyanna, Brandon and Cat, Ned and Ashara.

Was Ned and Ashara planned at all? Or did Rickard never reach that point?

Jon and Sansa: They never interacted directly in the books, but each thinks about the other a few times. It'll be interesting to see how their reunion goes down.

Jon and Gendry: How is Jon gonna size up his baby sister's boyfriend?

Jon and fAegon: Now there's a bunch of uncomfortable conversations waiting to happen.

Dany and fAegon: They'll either try to kill each other, or they'll get to know each other, Targaryen style.

Dany and Arrianne: Sparks would fly if these two hot heads ever met.

Arya and Davos: Something tells me they'd have a really cute father/daughter dynamic.

A mutually fatal meeting between Euron and Jon would have been fun.  A young Hizdahr and Arya. Hiz will find a job for Arya in his fighting pits. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, James West said:

Daenerys and Visenya. It would require time travel but the young queen could learn a lot from the older and more experienced Visenya. 

I love those two. 

This will only include situations/interactions that can't happen (basically at least one of the two is dead):

-Renly Baratheon and Robb Stark

-Young Griff and Viserys Targaryen

-Maester Aemon with any living Targaryen prestented in the books(not counting Jon here)

-Robert Baratheon and Jon Snow

-Brynden Rivers and Robert Baratheon

-Tyrion Lannister and Ned Stark

-Catelyn Tully and Ashara Dayne 

-Ser Arthur Dayne and Ser Gerold Dayne (the age gap was too big for the two to ever have a real conversation even if they met)

-Daenerys Targaryen and Tywin Lannister

That's it, I guess.

Archived