They're Racist and We Know It - A UK Politics Thread

polishgenius

Just now, DaveSumm said:

I guess they’re trying to jump start the vaccine numbers for that age group, but it’s hard to apply a rationale to it. If it’s necessary in September how is it not necessary now?

The major difference will be that, by September everyone who wants a vaccine will have had one.

The other big difference will be that schools and universities will be back in term time (though I'll note that they seem to be starting this after Freshers week, and the first week or two of term time)

I'm general though, and more to HOI above - Johnson is yet to meet the decision he isn't perfectly happy to U-turn on the moment it appears unpopular.

3 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I guess they’re trying to jump start the vaccine numbers for that age group, but it’s hard to apply a rationale to it. If it’s necessary in September how is it not necessary now?

I guess its only "fair" if they have the chance to get both vaccinations.

also this mainly effects young people who normally don't vote Tory, so they can test vaccine passports on them and see how eveyone else reacts

4 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Coercing people ( forcing them almost) to get vaccines is not a good way to go about it. Of course like most things it’s the exact opposite of what we were told would happen. 

Well at least this will see the return of the underground rave

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Coercing people ( forcing them almost) to get vaccines is not a good way to go about it.

Yea I agree, the standard response to an anti-vaxxer’s cry of “they’re forcing us!” has always been “No, nobody is.”

I might budge on this if we’d vaccinated every last person who wanted it and it just wasn’t enough and cases continued to climb, if it was literally this or hospitals overwhelming then OK, some sacrifices obviously need to be made. But the timing of this is odd; other than, as I said, to get young people vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea I agree, the standard response to an anti-vaxxer’s cry of “they’re forcing us!” has always been “No, nobody is.”

I might budge on this if we’d vaccinated every last person who wanted it and it just wasn’t enough and cases continued to climb, if it was literally this or hospitals overwhelming then OK, some sacrifices obviously need to be made. But the timing of this is odd; other than, as I said, to get young people vaccinated.

Well it’s being introduced after the supposed peak of this wave which makes even less sense

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well it’s being introduced after the supposed peak of this wave which makes even less sense

After the peak? We're nowhere near it yet. Not sure if you've noticed, but infections are going up, not down. 

well they can't very well being this in without waring and giving people time to get both vaccines.  at the moment that's an 8 week gap between them. so giving warning now they are planning this is not a bad thing.  

I expect the details will be fuzzy for a while, and they need to work out if this also effects people who can't get a vaccine for medial reasons.

If by September cases have not gone up they have time to re-evaluate and say the covid passport is not necessary.  (or more likely too many people complain)

If the vaccine passport is popular and deemed needed, they may well roll it out to other venues.

What I really want to know if people working in nightclubs will need 2 vaccines and if so what about people working in frontline healthcare?  if you can mandate one as necessary for the job then....

7 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

If by September cases have not gone up

What?  Cases are going up every single day in the UK and have been for quite some time -- just like here in the USA.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

What?  Cases are going up every single day in the UK and have been for quite some time -- just like here in the USA.

sorry I thought I did not need the sarcasm emoji.    but if they U turn the government may redefine cases somehow

remember if they go up loads its our fault now for not doing the recomended not mandated

54 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Coercing people ( forcing them almost) to get vaccines is not a good way to go about it. Of course like most things it’s the exact opposite of what we were told would happen. 

Well at least this will see the return of the underground rave

It's not a good way to go about it, but what do you do with people who are refusing to get vaccinated for bad-faith reasons and continue to serve as spreaders that put their whole community at risk? You kind of have to start forcing people at some point and/or require vaccine passports for everyday activities. 

1 minute ago, L'oiseau français said:

I just saw a Reuters story on Facebook saying 60% of the people going to hospital with Covid-19 are fully vaccinated, according to the Minister in charge.

What the actual hell? 60% of new cases are fully vaccinated people?

Every doctor I've heard speak on TV has said all the bad cases are from non-vaccinated people, but that there is a real increase with those who are vaccinated because so many people are equating be vaccinated with return to life as normal.

15 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

I just saw a Reuters story on Facebook saying 60% of the people going to hospital with Covid-19 are fully vaccinated, according to the Minister in charge.

What the actual hell? 60% of new cases are fully vaccinated people?

‘With’ not ‘because of’. With cases so high, you’d expect a fair portion of those entering hospital to have it, statistically speaking.

Archived