They're Racist and We Know It - A UK Politics Thread

polishgenius

Our incidence level is fairly high at the moment, which means some of these people are certainly going to end up in the hospital.

Going to be interesting conversations for us medics when we run into them, that's for sure.

59 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

There are at the very least some public order offences from those speakers. I'm not suggesting we should walk through and drag people off stage, but they should very much be dealt with. 

Pretty surprised that the Met were content to just allow this whole thing to happen actually. Yes, the speakers are all loons but what they're doing is dangerous to the UK. The audience is essentially comprised of conspiracy theorists (verging into the far right), akin to what we saw in the US on January 6th in fact. 

43 minutes ago, Raja said:

Our incidence level is fairly high at the moment, which means some of these people are certainly going to end up in the hospital.

Going to be interesting conversations for us medics when we run into them, that's for sure.

Cover your name badges.

57 minutes ago, Isis said:

Pretty surprised that the Met were content to just allow this whole thing to happen actually. Yes, the speakers are all loons but what they're doing is dangerous to the UK. The audience is essentially comprised of conspiracy theorists (verging into the far right), akin to what we saw in the US on January 6th in fact. 

I’m sure quite a large percentage were the same people demonstrating about everything since Covid arrived, general anti vax loons. But I also suspect some people have turned up wanting to protest against vaccine passports.. bet they wonder what they got themselves into 

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m sure quite a large percentage were the same people demonstrating about everything since Covid arrived, general anti vax loons. But I also suspect some people have turned up wanting to protest against vaccine passports.. bet they wonder what they got themselves into 

It hadn’t occurred to me to Lyn Corbray the vaccine hesitant, but hey worth a shot… :P

If Boris's chief apologist's only defence is that people wanted to be deceived by Boris's lying then either this guy needs to be fired or there is no better defence available for Boris's lying; such as trying to claim he was telling the truth with a straight face. Notice he tries to excuse the Irish sea border by saying there are no check from NI to Britain, though technically there needs to be (and will be in the future as the protocol currently stands) because it is a customs border that needs to be controlled and at present a total back door to any and all goods from the EU.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, DaveSumm said:

The trend continues, 29,000 cases, down 39.5% on last week. If this holds into the middle of this coming week I’ll start getting excited.

24,000 today.  Hospitalisations should start heading down in a couple of days.  It seems that the government called unlockdown correctly.

17 minutes ago, SeanF said:

24,000 today.  Hospitalisations should start heading down in a couple of days.  It seems that the government called unlockdown correctly.

It’s interesting to think what might have happened if they had unlocked on time. Cases would still be rising and there would have been increasingly louder shouts to go straight back into lockdown. As much as I disagreed with the move to delay ‘freedom day’, in some ways there are positives to it. 

49 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I still haven’t seen a convincing reason why they’ve dropped quite so sharply. There’s a few candidates (previous weeks was a Euros peak, schools, delta burned out, heatwave) but none where you would expect it to suddenly fall off like this. Maybe just a perfect storm of all of them.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I still haven’t seen a convincing reason why they’ve dropped quite so sharply. There’s a few candidates (previous weeks was a Euros peak, schools, delta burned out, heatwave) but none where you would expect it to suddenly fall off like this. Maybe just a perfect storm of all of them.

Delta seems to shoot up, and then fall away rapidly, especially among heavily-vaccinated populations.

As so often, Boris Johnson is a lucky general.

40 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Cases down 50% on last week. Five zero. Absolutely nobody was talking about drops like that, it’s quite something.

And yet daily deaths at 131. None of this makes sense to me.

From what I’ve seen, testing numbers isn’t really what is causing the drop in cases. Schools is maybe one of the reasons but I think that cases were slowing down only to shoot up again due to the football, and when football was over they started dropping. 

Obviously a bunch of factors at play.

Archived