They're Racist and We Know It - A UK Politics Thread

polishgenius

5 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

A quick glance at the article seems to indicate he’s a bit more “said the exact opposite” than that.

Ah, can you not watch the video?

He seems to be saying that anyone who has any certainty about Brexit, whether you adamently believe in it or you think it's the worse thing ever, has a "screw loose" because no one can know either way until it has fully played out.  He said it was perfectly reasonable for people to think that Brexit was a mistake.  I dont think he's a staunch Brexiteer - he saw an opportunity to cause some chaos and mischief and took it.

He wants to tear the establishment down and re-build everything - so I suppose if Brexit ends up doing that he will think it was not a mistake.  He did say he thought he did the right thing during the Leave campaign.

He said, “It’s perfectly reasonable to say Brexit was a mistake, and history will prove that of course it’s reasonable for some people to think that."

Of course, Cummings loves 'his' Brexit. The man is an idiot.

And, no matter what the la-la-la-fingers-in-our-ears mob would have us believe, we are already seeing what a colossal clusterfuck it has been.

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

He said, “It’s perfectly reasonable to say Brexit was a mistake, and history will prove that of course it’s reasonable for some people to think that."

Of course, Cummings loves 'his' Brexit. The man is an idiot.

And, no matter what the la-la-la-fingers-in-our-ears mob would have us believe, we are already seeing what a colossal clusterfuck it has been.

Lord Frost is once again suggesting that the Northern Ireland Protocol, which came into effect less than 6 months again is not a good deal and needs renegotiating. Hopefully he can suggest a negotiator better than whoever it was negotiated the Protocol last time.

There is only one way Brexit is going to go, and that's back to membership of the EU, or some other supranational political and economic union (other than the UK). It's just a question of time. It might not happen until a world government happens, but that is an inevitability in itself.

4 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

There is only one way Brexit is going to go, and that's back to membership of the EU, or some other supranational political and economic union (other than the UK). It's just a question of time. It might not happen until a world government happens, but that is an inevitability in itself.

You mean The People's Republic of Earth? The capital will be Putingrad. 

7 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Sounds like a bit of a Pyrrhic victory for the remainders, tbh. :P 

34 minutes ago, john said:

Sounds like a bit of a Pyrrhic victory for the remainders, tbh. :P 

If you are an "ever closer union" kind of remainer then, in theory at least, you won't be averse to "an ever widening union". Though some Europhiles will be exactly and only that, only interested in a union of their own kind, not anyone else.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I mean that’s what a lot of people keep repeating to themselves as they rock back and forth in the corner of their rooms. 

Eric Clapton refuses to play venues that require proof of vaccination

Eric Clapton has said he will not perform at any venues that require attendees to show proof of vaccination.

In response to the government announcement that vaccination passports will be required to access nightclubs and venues by the end of September, the musician has issued a statement saying he would not play “any stage where there is a discriminated audience present.

“Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Ah, that's a shame. Bad news, I suppose, for anyone who wanted to see this disgusting washed up racist dragging his disgusting racist fingers across his disgusting racist fretboard.

My mate, the rock n roll tour manager, who has been skint since this all began, told me yesterday that he would rather not work than be forced into getting vaccinated so he can work.

He is fifty-six, has smoked all his life, and is probably around 3 or 4 stone overweight. He sat there and told me that the vaccination program is all bollocks, and he feels if he does come into contact with the virus, his immune system will deal with it.

While sat there listening to him, I could not help but think about this article I read on Monday.

Alabama doctor tells unvaccinated COVID patients begging for vaccine: 'It's too late'

An Alabama doctor's Facebook post is going viral after she explained how she approaches unvaccinated patients who beg for the COVID-19 vaccine once they learn they will need to be intubated on a ventilator.

Dr. Brytney Cobia, who works at Birmingham, Ala.'s Grandview Medical Center as a hospitalist, says she has "made a LOT of progress encouraging people to get vaccinated lately."

One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late, she wrote on Facebook.

Once he'd finished ranting, I mentioned the article. Fake news, he said, that had already been debunked. On Facebook.

Jesus wept.

Wow, hadn’t seen that about Clapton before, I mean I hate the guy anyway but jeez.

Anyway, yes there is more of an undercurrent of anti vaccine sentiment bubbling around that doesn’t get a lot of attention. It’s hard to know how to deal with it because it correlates quite heavily with not trusting in the media.

A few of my friends are basing their own decisions on stuff they saw on Instagram, even though they know they shouldn’t.

But it is mind boggling that someone who is clearly in the vulnerable group would decide to take their chances with the virus. 

50 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Wow, hadn’t seen that about Clapton before, I mean I hate the guy anyway but jeez.

Yeah, he famously went off on one on stage in the seventies. I seem to remember the Telegraph writing some bollocks in an attempt to excuse it.

“Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well, wherever you are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don’t want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the c**ns out. Keep Britain white."

This from a guy who would not have had a career if it wasn't for black music.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If you are an "ever closer union" kind of remainer then, in theory at least, you won't be averse to "an ever widening union". Though some Europhiles will be exactly and only that, only interested in a union of their own kind, not anyone else.

They tell you that in New Zealand?

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

But it is mind boggling that someone who is clearly in the vulnerable group would decide to take their chances with the virus. 

I found talking to him quite distressing, to be honest. I've known the guy for nearly thirty years and love him like a brother. He has teenage kids, and all I could think about was what was going to happen to them if he gets the Covid and dies.

Archived