Covid #35: I am the Alpha and the Omega.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Ah. Definitely a legit cause for cancern.

Does the CDC or WHO have a resource to address this sort of thing? A Doctor might be well meaning but they might not be up on the latest info.

I mixed vaccines as well so I'm considering getting a booster next year if they are available. 

I have lupus. My rheumatologist said since the FDA and CDC don’t have official guidance yet they cannot tell me I *should* do it. But, they also said given my condition, my job, and the circumstances of my household, they would also not tell me not to do it. Essentially that appeared to mean do it but I’m not liable

41 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

To clarify, as I thought I had stated:

I did NOT MIX VACCINES. I got Moderna 1 and 2. Open to getting Modena 3, Pfizer, or whatever booster regimen gets recommended by that time. December 2021 is gobbledygook years away from August 2021 in pandemic time.

Sorry, I thought Fury said they mixed vaccines. That's what I meant.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"67% efficacy" isn't the same as "67% effective". It also doesn't account for the effects of getting the virus for vaccinated v. unvaccinated.

There is some new data I was reading about Delta specifically, which would be recent data. The mRNA vaccines appear to be doing slightly better and it appears each may be less protective by about six months out. I, of course, understand the content of your video because I am literally one of those data points and know some pretty in-depth things about the AZN trial because I am in it (still). My timing and personal circumstances made me believe I was safer getting another shot (of ANY of them) than not. My still moving out Ex is in a band that practices in an 8x8ft practice space with someone currently at Sturgis, for example. Shoot me up with everything, pls

4 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

There is some new data I was reading about Delta specifically, which would be recent data. The mRNA vaccines appear to be doing slightly better and it appears each may be less protective by about six months out. I, of course, understand the content of your video because I am literally one of those data points and know some pretty in-depth things about the AZN trial because I am in it (still). My timing and personal circumstances made me believe I was safer getting another shot (of ANY of them) than not. My still moving out Ex is in a band that practices in an 8x8ft practice space with someone currently at Sturgis, for example. Shoot me up with everything, pls

So, did you get 2 shots of AZN and one Moderna?

4 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

The early data about mixing from places the AZ was pulled looks good though at least!

I heard the same thing when I got my second shot. The efficacy of AZ followed by Moderna was better than 2 doses of AZ and approximately the same as two doses of Moderna. Though I never bothered to dig into it. They were recommending 8 weeks minimum between shots, which is where I was at the time. 

To be honest, if and when I'm offered the booster, I'm going to be deeply uncomfortable getting a third dose of a vaccine* that so many people around the world, including back home, haven't even had a first dose yet.

It feels shitty. Sigh.

*I'm not clinically vulnerable, though just a front line worker.

Archived