Goodkind XIV

Werthead

Game on.

To reiterate the rules that seemed to be slipping a bit last time:

No personal attacks on individuals.

No flaming or inciting to flame or troll other boards on Westeros.org.

Seeing the trouble it has caused, I heavily recommend not partaking in this thread whilst extremely drunk if it is likely to cause you to go off and cause mayhem elsewhere.

Have fun and play nice!

Game on.

To reiterate the rules that seemed to be slipping a bit last time:

No personal attacks on individuals.

No flaming or inciting to flame or troll other boards on Westeros.org.

Seeing the trouble it has caused, I heavily recommend not partaking in this thread whilst extremely drunk if it is likely to cause you to go off and cause mayhem elsewhere.

Have fun and play nice!

Yeah you guys, knock it off! ;)

I'm hurt that you didn't go with "the Reunion of the Noble Goats".

Just to clarify (moraly?) my activity on other boards: if you looked at my posts on Tg.net you would see that I have been nothing but polite and civil on that board. You will also see that I never brought up my activities on that site over here until I was attacked for it. Those people are mad at me not for what I said on their board but for what I've said on this one.

P.S. Moose, I would love to see the return of the sh*tting bunny. I repeat, it was the greatest thing I've ever seen!

Myshkin, I just realized that your number is more than twice mine. I feel old.

Yeah, you're probably too old to take your life and live it (with moral clarity). If you happen to be a little girl I would suggest you have someone kick you in the face.

We can still use Gars right? Or is that a racial slur?

The Gar is the most noble of all creatures (except, of course, the goat). To aspire to Gardom is an honorable pursuit. However, to take the Gar's name in vain is the most mortal of all sins.

Good to see a thread where goats are getting the praise they deserve for their noble deeds.

Just yesterday I did something truly noble. However I am too noble to boast about it on a messageboard as that would diminsh my nobility.

Any chance we can get a TG one-liner of the day thing going? We might be able to get some inspiration for great parodies again. The wait for the last Chainfire book is sooo long (we will be able to have QotD from that book I believe since it would be a discussion of a current novel). Come on Tairy - hurry up!

Real one liners? But that would require me looking into the books again. (shudders).

How bout this noble goat...

"Wizards first rule. People are dummies . They will believe anything if they want it to be true especially if you give them acid,shrooms,and alot of alcohol!"

[reluctant mod]

We have received a complaint about some of the posts in the previous thread and would like to emphasise the rules as laid out at the front of this thread. Also, recalling that humour is a somewhat personal thing and may not always be obvious, I would suggest stronger use of emoticons and other facilities to ensure that your comedic point is more obvious. That said, Westeros is not GuantanamoBay.org and we are not going to start berating people for having a strong or controversial sense of humour as long as it does not offend large numbers of people. I merely ask that people display greater judgement before calling for violence and impalings, even in jest.

[/reluctant mod]

:huh:

I missed more fun and excitment during my hiatus from Tairy sporkings? (hey, even Gawd took a day off). But yeah, to echo Wert's point -- Lemmings of Discord, please don't be jerks to each other, or wander off to other websites and harass people, and try to make sure that other boarders know when you are making a joke.

Let's all be one big, happy family. Listen the Yeard of Truth! It does not lie!! :grouphug:

Tairy never has written one liners. Gads men have you read Richard's speeches or even Tairy's responses to questions. The shortest one really was "I don't do weirdo cultural diversity."

Tairy is so smart he uses eloquent prose even when taking a dump!

"And it passed through me like the crackling truth of a righteous war wizard!" (FLUSH,Wipe)

And no...NO! he has never used weird or contraversial wurds!

A one-liner? Okeedokee.

Richard: "I know a lot about representational designs involving lethality."

~Phantom

I'd give some background to the line, but it wouldn't really help it make sense. It does make me wonder where Dick went to school. It's never mentioned, but I assume that the Westlands have some great universities where Richard must have studied.

Tairy is so smart he uses eloquent prose even when taking a dump!

"And it passed through me like the crackling truth of a righteous war wizard!" (FLUSH,Wipe)

Oh man, he's such a genius! When I take a dump I usually just say things like "You were good when you were food" or "Thank you for stopping by". :)

On the nobility of goats, have you noticed the divergence between Tairy and GRRM on goats. In Tairy's writing they are clearly noble creatures, yet they don't hold such a position in aSoIaF. Shagga repeatedly claims that he will cut off someone's manhood and feed it to the goats. So, apparently in Martin's world goats behave in the same way as Tairy's Imperial Order, who eat the severed testicles of their fallen enemies. How could GRRM be so morally confused? Or is it merely the character Shagga who doesn't understand that a goat would never stoop to such behaviour?

On the nobility of goats, have you noticed the divergence between Tairy and GRRM on goats. In Tairy's writing they are clearly noble creatures, yet they don't hold such a position in aSoIaF. Shagga repeatedly claims that he will cut off someone's manhood and feed it to the goats. So, apparently in Martin's world goats behave in the same way as Tairy's Imperial Order, who eat the severed testicles of their fallen enemies. How could GRRM be so morally confused? Or is it merely the character Shagga who doesn't understand that a goat would never stoop to such behaviour?

I like Grrm but clearly his knowledge of goats is sadly lacking. Tairy gives us a much more realistic representation of goats in his great opus. But I guess that's to be expected since GRRM is a mere fantasy writer, while everyone knows that Tairy's works are on a level of genius never before seen in this world.

P.S. Do the Imperial Order dudes start eating balls in later books? I only read up to book 7 and the only ball eating I recall was when Kahlan got all rightious and made that dude eat his own.

It's revealed in Phantom that the balls of the enemy are a greatly prized treat to the soldiers of the Imperial Order. Though I suspect that Tairy only threw that in because he was afraid his readers were having trouble with the concept that the IO is evil. You know, since Tairy had been so subtle about it for so long.

It's revealed in Phantom that the balls of the enemy are a greatly prized treat to the soldiers of the Imperial Order. Though I suspect that Tairy only threw that in because he was afraid his readers were having trouble with the concept that the IO is evil. You know, since Tairy had been so subtle about it for so long.

But the IO is commies, and to Tairy's readers, commies=evil so I'm not really sure how they would've missed it.

Archived