College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, I think the last 10-15 years have shown he's only good when he has a great QB in Luck and Kaep. Absent that he has just been

Stupid take. He had the 49ers humming with Smith and then made a team that took a talented Kaepernick and made a blueprint for offensive football that is still in vogue today. Kaepernick was a talented player who benefited from a great team and scheme. He was not himself great.

5 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Stupid take. He had the 49ers humming with Smith and then made a team that took a talented Kaepernick and made a blueprint for offensive football that is still in vogue today. Kaepernick was a talented player who benefited from a great team and scheme. He was not himself great.

Not really considering only a few teams run similar systems, and again, absent an elite QB he's done nothing. What's his signature college win? I don't think one exists. 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really considering only a few teams run similar systems, and again, absent an elite QB he's done nothing. What's his signature college win? I don't think one exists. 

Stanford was something like a 28 point underdog to USC.

Harbaugh has been a bit underwhelming at Michigan; but he has been a great coach.  

And as important as QB play is, it’s pretty disingenuous to knock him for not being great when he doesn’t have one.  Even Nick Saban can be underwhelming when he doesn’t have a first round pick under center.

7 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Gary Patterson out at TCU.  Lots of Hokie fans hoping they'll take Justin Fuente off our hands...

Trying to remember... did I ever tell you about the time that my buddy Jon Perry dropped a flying punch off the bar right into Fuente's face during a fight at our fraternity house?  :lol:

1 hour ago, HokieStone said:

Ha...no I don't recall that.

Fuente was QB at Murray State.  As happens often, football guys wound up starting a fight in the basement of our house.  One thing lead to another and my buddy came flying off the top rope.  :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Fuente was QB at Murray State.  As happens often, football guys wound up starting a fight in the basement of our house.  One thing lead to another and my buddy came flying off the top rope.  :dunno: 

lol...well, there are some in Blacksburg who would like to recreate that at this point....

Consensus seems to be that he's a very smart x's and o's guy...but maybe not great at being the "CEO" - at a P5 level anyway.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Crushing choke job by the 3rd ranked MSU Spartans losing soundly to the Purdue Boilermakers.

Entirely predictable. Now to hope Michigan doesn't do the same thing

On 11/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, dbunting said:

Entirely predictable. Now to hope Michigan doesn't do the same thing

As usual Iowa isn't really a top 10 team and that's partly due to their embarrassing showing against the Boilermakers. I was pretty convinced I'd get home from work and see Minnesota had upset us and Tywin was on here dancing on a Herky logo. As usual, defense and special teams have kept the Hawks relevant despite a piss poor offense.

I need to get back into college ball. No one around me ever seems to talk about it, though, and frankly all the weird new conference changes have made me less interested in keeping up with the NCAA in general. Season's nearly over and I haven't had a Saturday free yet to watch any football except in the background while I'm working. Ah, well.

22 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

As usual Iowa isn't really a top 10 team and that's partly due to their embarrassing showing against the Boilermakers. I was pretty convinced I'd get home from work and see Minnesota had upset us and Tywin was on here dancing on a Herky logo. As usual, defense and special teams have kept the Hawks relevant despite a piss poor offense.

We covered against the spread! And frankly neither team is any good. 

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Miami got a first down with 2 seconds left, hurried up and spiked the ball. Apparently there’s a rule that this can’t be done unless there’s 3 seconds. So the game was ended there. Anyone know about this rule? 

I think I've heard it before. It takes away the "home team" clock operator slow fingers. 

Archived