College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

I know that no one here cares about this but me... but I still have to take a moment to bask in the absolute dumpster fire that continues to burn at UofL.  

Let me set the stage a bit.  Former president and AD were pushed out because of hookers in the dorms followed up by the Adidas scandal while still on probation.  In comes Neeli Bendapudi as president (has a strong reputation in academics) and Vince Tyra (a UK grad) as AD.

So here's a quick rundown of the last week or so.  Local rumors say that Tyra wanted to fire football coach Scott Satterfield and bring in Purdue coach Jeff Brohm (former UofL player and assistant coach).  Story goes that Neeli wouldn't let him fire him because she did not want to pay the buyouts of her coach and Purdue.  So Vince interviews and is the leading candidate for the FSU AD job.  The board of trustees meets yesterday and lets Tyra out of his non compete so he can take the FSU job.

This morning it breaks that Bendapudi is leaving to be president at Penn State (it should here be noted that Penn State is without a doubt a major promotion for anyone in the academic field).  Then word breaks that Tyra has turned down FSU.  But his letter of resignation has already been sent in yesterday.  No word on if he wants to come back or not just yet.

But the absolute best part of it from a UK standpoint is this money quote:

:rofl: 

I feel like this captures exactly why to win the Big Ten you're probably going to not have much success in the CFB:

You cannot beat teams in the SEC and ACC consistently without having incredible speed. Problem is you can't win the B10 past October relying on speed. It's far too late now, but in hindsight maybe each team should have built stadiums with retractable roofs. 

21 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

So FSU loses the #1 recruit in the land as DB Travis Hunter flips to Deion and Jackson St. Good times. It is funny reading some of the FSU forums though. Classic internet insanity running on pure emotion. 

I just have to wonder, does no one remember Prime Prep?!!?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a dream,

a dream just a few weeks prior to MLK day.

My dream is for Cinci to conquer the villainous Alabama.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious Tidests, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "Rolltide" and "SEC Forever" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

And they can all anguish as the Mighty Cinci gives them a well earned curb stomp!!

• 2 weeks later...

Because every advanced metric days that Georgia is better in all the phases of the game.  Until the sec final, Alabama was having a very underwhelming year, barely escaping against Florida and Auburn.

12 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Because every advanced metric days that Georgia is better in all the phases of the game.  Until the sec final, Alabama was having a very underwhelming year, barely escaping against Florida and Auburn.

I find it hard to believe Georgia's meh offense grades out higher than Bama's.

At the end of the day Georgia got here because of the defense, which shutdown everyone except when they ran into Bama, who crushed them. I'm sure they'll have a better showing tonight, but if they're anything other than great Georgia will lose.

Archived