College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

The U is back baby!!!

What?  Oh… wait…

Well Texas is back!!!!

Whats that you say?  Them too?  But they just barely lost to Alabama, I thought that meant they were back.  :dunno: 

FSU ranked for the first time in 4 years. I had pretty much zero expectations coming into the year but this team has me excited again. Great run game, athleticism all around, and weirdly an O-line that can actually block and give Travis some time.

They have a tough stretch coming up with 3 ranked teams in a row(2 top 10), so time to see where these guys really are. It’d be nice to beat Clemson for once, but baby steps. It’s just nice to be relevant again.

4 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I'd like to know that feeling.  At this point, it will be a miracle if my Hokies are a .500 team.

Watched them talk to Tayvion Robinson (UK receiver for those not in the know) on SEC This Morning and they asked him about Hendon Hooker.  The talking heads spent a bit talking about how VaTech had both of them on the roster at one point and now they are major contributors in the SEC.

18 hours ago, Rhom said:

Watched them talk to Tayvion Robinson (UK receiver for those not in the know) on SEC This Morning and they asked him about Hendon Hooker.  The talking heads spent a bit talking about how VaTech had both of them on the roster at one point and now they are major contributors in the SEC.

Yes, Hokie fans are a bit up in arms about that.  Also, Bryan Hudson, a starter on Kentucky's oline, and Doug Nester a starter on WVU's oline used to be at VT...and our oline is a shambles so far this year.

Hooker's situation is odd.  He did OK at VT, but wasn't lighting the world on fire.  And his last game for VT, against Clemson in December when it was really cold, he was having some sort of convulsions on the sideline.  He was replaced by Braxton Burmeister, who played significantly better than Hooker.  When he portaled to Tennessee most VT fans just kind of shrugged.  He didn't even when the starting job for Tennessee last year, but I think got there because the starter was injured-and he's certainly made the most of his chance.  The VT boards are on suicide watch now that he's being mentioned for the Heisman.

As for Robinson...some knowledgeable insiders have said he was set to return to VT, and had an NIL deal lined up...and then got a better NIL offer from Kentucky (or rather, a group associated with Kentucky).  

VT chose a bad time to have a downswing as a program with NIL and super-conference formation :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived