College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

It blows my mind that a coach would step down right before the last game of the season… the rivalry game no less!  Lane truly has earned his reputation as a slippery snake.

I’m guessing that Lane would prefer to wait until after the weekend, but felt he can’t risk Cadillac Williams winning the Iron Bowl and getting a momentum hire.

40 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It blows my mind that a coach would step down right before the last game of the season… the rivalry game no less!  Lane truly has earned his reputation as a slippery snake.

I’m guessing that Lane would prefer to wait until after the weekend, but felt he can’t risk Cadillac Williams winning the Iron Bowl and getting a momentum hire.

Lane seems to be protesting the validity of the reports. Trust who you want on that front.

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

Lane Kiffen is an absolute turd.  I do not understand why any school would hire him knowing he will bolt at the drop of a hat.

VT-UVA game cancelled for this Saturday for understandable reasons.  There was a lot of rumor they were trying to move it to Dec 3, but I guess there were some logistical hurdles that couldn't be overcome.

I do not blame UVA one bit, but I do feel bad that there's going to be a whole class of kids at VT that never get to see our rivalry game in person in Blacksburg.  No crowds allowed in 2020 due to Covid, and now this.  It will be 6 years between playing UVA in Blacksburg with a home crowd (assuming nothing terrible happens in 2024).

On 11/21/2022 at 10:48 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Lane seems to be protesting the validity of the reports. Trust who you want on that front.

Most of us think he’s gone. He’s been sidestepping the question this week by claiming AU hasn’t offered him the job. 

My concern isn’t so much that he leaves, because I never expected him to stay that long anyway if he found enough success. I am concerned he’s going to take Quinshon Judkins and a bunch of other promising young players with him, meaning we start back at zero with the next guy. The Portal is a double-edged sword that way.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t also gripe about the 4-year limit on contract duration for state employees in Mississippi, which hamstrings us a lot more than the annual salary payments. Why make a somewhat lateral move to Auburn? They can offer a longer term deal, thus a much larger total contract.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, Rhom said:

I’m fine with him leaving for another job - it happens, and I don’t expect much in the way of loyalty in this business. But he has handled this very poorly by stringing the fan base along on Twitter and elsewhere. He apparently even joked about it on his call-in show last night. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I’m fine with him leaving for another job - it happens, and I don’t expect much in the way of loyalty in this business. But he has handled this very poorly by stringing the fan base along on Twitter and elsewhere. He apparently even joked about it on his call-in show last night. :rolleyes:

This is an A+ troll job though.  Now if he were to leave after doing this, it does move him into another realm of douchebaggery though.

48 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This is an A+ troll job though.  Now if he were to leave after doing this, it does move him into another realm of douchebaggery though.

Yep, he’s been going all-in with the Twitter rhetoric while doing nothing to actually close the door on the rumors, leaving the fanbase in limbo during a week where we should be excited about playing our rival. 

Shit, maybe we turn around and hire Deion away from JSU. I’d rather have him than Matt Rhule or some other retread.

50 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

South Carolina defeats two top ten teams two weeks in a row and we are unraked.  We’ve beaten Clemson for the first time in eight years.  And we’ve broken Clemson’s at home winning streak.

:)

Y’all have served notice, that’s for sure. No more questions around Beamer or Rattler.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

A comedy of errors costs the Badgers a great chance to tie the game at the end. 

@Rhom, your kid's favorite school can suck it. Stunning that this is the most played rivalry ever and the record is 62-62-8. 

:dunno: 

All I know is we’ve been throwing L’s down tonight at our house!

Archived