College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

Alabama's offense was very meh this year as well.  Their o line is bad and they had one game with negative rushing yards against... Someone not good.

I don't know who will win tonight, maybe Alabama really has put it together.  But Georgia had been the better team for most of the year.

15 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Alabama's offense was very meh this year as well.  Their o line is bad and they had one game with negative rushing yards against... Someone not good.

I don't know who will win tonight, maybe Alabama really has put it together.  But Georgia had been the better team for most of the year.

The SEC Championship game has me so confused.  Georgia was vastly better all season long game in and game out.  Bama was inconsistent for much of the year.

I thought Georgia would wipe the floor with them.

So tonight I have no clue what to expect.  Part of me still wants to say Georgia, but on the other hand… Best Coach goes to Bama.  Best QB goes to Bama.  Hard to pick against that.

Bottom line; if Georgia gets the kind of pressure on Young that I saw most of the year from them, then I expect the Bulldogs to win.

This game looks more like what I expected from the SEC Championship. Still, I'm curious to see if Georgia will pull their QB because Bennett ain't it. 

Also, why does the college QB rating system allow someone to register at over 500?:

k Player G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
1 Stetson Bennett 13 168 261 64.4 2638 10.1 11.0 27 7 178.0
2 JT Daniels 5 68 94 72.3 722 7.7 7.7 7 3 155.1
3 Carson Beck 3 10 23 43.5 176 7.7 5.5 2 2 119.1
4 Kenny McIntosh 12 1 1 100.0 18 18.0 38.0 1 0 581.2

15 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

No more 1980 jokes. Kirby has finally slayed the great Crimson demon. Congratulations, Georgia Bulldogs.

They were the better team, I was glad to see them get the W. 

I know it's all old news now, but if Alabama had lost to Auburn in that regular season finale (which they probably should have), but still beaten Georgia, do people think that a 2 loss Alabama would have made it into the playoffs ahead of a 1 loss Notre Dame?  I think they probably would have, because the football committee loves Bama. 

I'm leaning towards no. A two loss Bama would still be one of the four best teams in the country in my book, but when the committee selected Cincy they were signaling that being one of the four best teams was not a requirement. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone have strong feelings on the Big XII hiring the COO of Roc Nation as the new conference commissioner?

I'm a bit torn, its definitely a bizarre move... bringing in presumably more of a media guy; but given that the Big XII has been getting its teeth kicked in and teams stolen by all the conferences around them does sort of cry out for a different approach.

Predictably, all the grumpy old men on the Finebaum show are opposed to it... which kinda makes me like it, but I still think its more likely to crash and burn than any other outcome.

:dunno:

Archived