College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

12 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Frost fired. I didn’t even realize Nebraska lost at home to Georgia Southern yesterday. Yeesh, what a disaster that turned out to be. I actually wanted FSU to get him when he was a hot commodity.

Eh...he might have done well at FSU.  At UCF he was still getting some talent from the state of Florida, which he could have continued to do at FSU.  At Nebraska...not so much...

17 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Eh...he might have done well at FSU.  At UCF he was still getting some talent from the state of Florida, which he could have continued to do at FSU.  At Nebraska...not so much...

True… also winning the National Championship in said state wasn’t too shabby :P

Ah yes… another fine night to visit Card Chronicle and sup on the sweet, sweet tears of Cardinal fans after yet another loss. 

:cheers:

Cheers to all our local Noles fans!

Great win by the Noles after losing Travis in the 1st half. A close game they would usually lose in recent years. One of their too defenders left to an injury too. Hopefully both aren’t bad.

They are stacked at RB this year, and a few WR stepping up. Weird to have some optimism for a change.

ETA: Louisville’s helmets were nice. Matte black with the shiny black cardinal. Didn’t care for the FSU white uniforms too much though.

6 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Great win by the Noles after losing Travis in the 1st half. 

Funny thing is, my youngest nephew on my wife’s side is 14.  His name is Tate Rademaker.  They live in Louisville.

There we’re definitely several family texts going back and forth last night!

As a Michigan fan I kind of feel left out right now. The first three games were all cup cakes. Have no idea what we will look like against a decent team let alone a good team.  I've seen some scary things already, WR open but their QB missing them or WR's dropping the ball. That won't be happening once we play the varsity teams.

15 hours ago, Rhom said:

Hey @Ferrum Aeternum UK v Ole Miss set for noon!

Probably a bad gameslot if you're wanting to have a good time in Oxford, but the best time for Kentucky to have a chance to win.  If the game was at night, I wouldn't like our chances at all.

Yep, we are notoriously flat as a home crowd for morning games. I doubt half the students will be there in time for kickoff. 

Regardless, it should be a really competitive game. Both defenses look solid. I love our run game right now but I’m anxious to see how we perform against a real defense.

Archived