College Football 2021-22: Spinning up the Conference Carousel

Rhom

Man, Fox is really pushing this dumb ass Alter Ego show. Every game I put on has commercials for it. 

FSU’s defense getting torched once again. I saw Booger McFarland pushing for FSU to go after Deion. I believe it is probably inevitable, but not right now. Obviously have to give Norvell a few more seasons. Unless they go like 2-10 or something, which is a very real possibility.

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Man, Fox is really pushing this dumb ass Alter Ego show. Every game I put on has commercials for it. 

FSU’s defense getting torched once again. I saw Booger McFarland pushing for FSU to go after Deion. I believe it is probably inevitable, but not right now. Obviously have to give Norvell a few more seasons. Unless they go like 2-10 or something, which is a very real possibility.

Can Deion coach though?

FSU has gotten themselves in trouble by going for the splashy hires like Taggart and Norvell.  Deion is in that mold.  As much as I hate to even put this out in the universe... FSU has a former defensive coordinator who took a job that was universally considered one of the worst in the country and just this week had multiple national writers calling it one of the ten best jobs in the nation.

The problem though, is that from everything I've read; Kentucky now legitimately has better facilities than FSU and less interference from non football types.  Stoops may not have the twinkle in his eye for Tallahassee that he once did.

18 hours ago, Rhom said:

Can Deion coach though?

Don’t call him Deion. :P 

Seriously, who knows? He’d bring in some nice recruits at least. 

FSU is in a tailspin and I can only imagine the chaos going on behind the scenes with the boosters and everything else. It all seems so toxic from the few things I’ve read about. What can you do?

10 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Don’t call him Deion. :P 

Seriously, who knows? He’d bring in some nice recruits at least. 

FSU is in a tailspin and I can only imagine the chaos going on behind the scenes with the boosters and everything else. It all seems so toxic from the few things I’ve read about. What can you do?

I'm sorry.  Coach Prime.

Athletes much safer from exploitation as-

Biden’s Labor Counsel Says College Athletes Are Workers With Collective Bargaining Rights

The memo from Jennifer Abruzzo puts private universities and conferences on notice not to classify such players as “student athletes.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_61548f38e4b05025422dc4b1

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Athletes much safer from exploitation as-

Biden’s Labor Counsel Says College Athletes Are Workers With Collective Bargaining Rights

The memo from Jennifer Abruzzo puts private universities and conferences on notice not to classify such players as “student athletes.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_61548f38e4b05025422dc4b1

I dunno, the cynic in me sees this as a way for the government to tax them for their scholarships.

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I dunno, the cynic in me sees this as a way for the government to tax them for their scholarships.

Although… if this allows them to unionize, and that makes easier to make a proper NCAA Football 202X; then I’m all for it!!!!

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

Although… if this allows them to unionize, and that makes easier to make a proper NCAA Football 202X; then I’m all for it!!!!

It could be messy, but in the long run it probably had to happen, they are adults so they have rights just like a professor or custodian or others in the University.

Let us hope we don't see it get ugly, but rather a new partnering.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the real big deal that athletes can now sue for long term healthcare and damages from injuries? The term “student-athlete” was first introduced to prevent the family of a player from suing the school after he died from an injury sustained during play.  

Archived