NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

For me KD is the best player right now by a clear margin when healthy. And what’s scary is Harden might be second. 

It's played at both ends of the floor. He couldn't defend a westeros all stars squad. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's played at both ends of the floor. He couldn't defend a westeros all stars squad. 

He’s not the walking joke he was five or so years back. He’s actually become one of the best post defending guard over the last two seasons, and he plays decent perimeter defense in the crunch.

Pretty wild that we have two different bigtime players having major issues with their contender teams. I truly have no idea where Simmons will end up. Or Irving for that matter. Strange days.

Two bigtime matchups for Opening Night tonight. I'm looking forward to the piping hot takes on reddit and realGM. My current guess is an unironic "Is this LeBron's best team ever?" or maybe a "Nets should blow it up completely". 

ESPN Daily today covered the behind the scenes details of Simmons falling out with the Sixers. There was actually a lot more going on than I realized. He was privately going through some extreme family drama which was draining him mentally, and just before game 7 he felt like the team was benching him. They ultimately cleared him to play, but by that point he was so mentally exhausted that it's not surprising he had a horrible game. It seems by that point he was done with them. 

Shaq might be able to play Wilt pretty closely, but it would only be the 20 yrs dead Wilt of today.

I think some people mistakenly think Chamberlain dominated because he had a heighth advantage. The truth was he was the fastest man in the league, he had the greatest vertical (48 inch), he not only was the greatest scorer and rebounder season after season, he also led the league in assists one season.

There was not anything Wilt couldn't do and it was for much greater reasons than being tall.

He was the epitome of faster, higher, stronger, better, in any aspect to his opponent.

Shaq was no Wilt, Shaq had the vertical and speed of a Clydesdale. A powerful player, not on Wilts level.

Oh and Wilt averaged about 46 minutes a game for his entire career, pretty sure the Diesel never came close to that durability for even one season.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Oh and Wilt averaged about 46 minutes a game for his entire career, pretty sure the Diesel never came close to that durability for even one season.

The most insane stat isnt his scoring or rebounding, one year he averaged +48 mins.

Never leaving the court all season other than for 8 mins for a technical.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The most insane stat isnt his scoring or rebounding, one year he averaged +48 mins.

Never leaving the court all season other than for 8 mins for a technical.

Yeah, this is the most insane stat he logged and one that will truly never be broken. That said, some of the stats from that era are a bit warped due to the pace of play. 

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

Wilt was an incredible athlete, probably the best the NBA has seen and a contender for the best athlete ever in any sport, but there is no way in hell that he had a 48 inch vertical.

It's what comes up when you Google it, but then again right below it there are claims that he could also bench 500 pounds, which seems even more suspect. Regardless it's pretty clear he was an alien playing against mere mortals. 

Piston fans everywhere are disappointed we are still not gonna see Cade yet for the opener tonight.

The brass won't clear him coming off his ankle soreness, next game is Saturday, hopefully by then he'll be allowed to play.

Cade himself is on record saying he wants to play so I don't think they'll hold him back much longer.

Bleacher Report barely toes the line of respectability in my opinion, and they tweeted that he measured in at over 300 pounds. Supposedly was 284 last season. Will have to see how he looks on court. As seemingly everyone in the universe agrees, the man needs a personal chef and trainer to non-stop monitor his massive frame.

I said at the time of the lottery that the Pelicans may have been the worst possible team to win the top pick. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Louisiana BFC, but I can tell you one thing about that place. They have some amazing tasting food and it's all absolutely terrible for you. 

The Warriors looked real good last night and much better than I expected particularly with Bjelica and Poole. The Lakers on the other hand didn't really play like a "team" per se. Not enough passing, too reliant on Lebron and AD, and got outrebounded even with their size. I noticed a few times the Lakers (be it Lebron, Russ, AD, whomever) would play iso while everyone else stood around which was a stark contrast to the fluid movement of the Warriors. Curry gets his first triple double since 2016 and only shot 5/21. My main takeaway was that the Lakers got outcoached and out game-planned. Next game is at the Clippers but then they go on a stretch of Kings, Thunder, Grizzlies, Thunder, Hornets, Pelicans, Rockets, Hawks and Twolves. Should be a strong start to the season for them.

Bucks also looked better than last year.

Archived