NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

The Rockets obviously are a very bad team, but damn, the Wolves are up by nearly 30 at halftime and KAT and Ant both have over 20, the latter doing whatever he wants against them (21/4/4 is a hot start for a kid who just turned 20 two months ago). 

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Bucks also looked better than last year.

The Bucks do look good, but I actually think that game said more about the Nets. KD and Harden are great which goes without saying, but the rest of their roster could be a problem. They've got a lot of names, but most of those dudes looked pretty bad. One way or another they need to resolve the Irving situation and the sooner the better. 

Bulls 1-0! I’m kind of optimistic about them this year. They have a few actual defenders now and got some offensive help for LaVine. Their depth will definitely be an issue though, but hopefully they can address that at some point. Losing Thaddeus Young hurt.

They’re not a real contender but I’ll take any positivity at this point. Fuck, I’ll just take a .500 season.

The crowd in MSG was ridiculous for a regular season game, great atmosphere throughout.

I am happy to see Fournier having a great debut for the Knicks, always liked him when he was on my Magic.

And speaking of the Magic, the first game seems to confirm that we'd be a terrible team as expected. At least Bamba looks improved and may finally get it together now that he had a healthy off-season for a change and is in a contract year.

7 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

And just like that, the Heat are up 30 points over the Bucks in the 3rd. Giannis with only 15 so far.

Bam is one of the few guys in the league who can legitimately bother Giannis, and the Heat overall have a really talented roster. They lack an elite player, but they're a classic example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well, I would not have pegged Sarver for this.  Being greedy, stupid, penny-pinching and generally bad at being an owner, yes.

Any time in the past decade that we see him at games, he is constantly glad-handing the celebrities, politicians, and local business leaders who show up, and he almost never watches the actual action on the court.  It has always seemed like he owns the Suns in order to meet influential and affluent people, not because he gives two damns about basketball.

He is also notoriously unwilling to pay for anything himself.  My own impression is that if he can pry money out of a municipality or a government agency, he will outdo himself in an effort to do so.  He seems to be our local embodiment of privatized profits and socialized risks/losses, crony capitalism in the real estate and sports industries.

So I guess that adding imputatio morales to imputatio culpae civilis isn't surprising.  Or, perhaps his bad management of the Suns means that the NBA has decided he no longer is fit to act as an owner, so they have released the hounds, and these tweets are the Gabriel ratchets.

Man that Sarver revelation is nuts. Despite their amazing season last year, that garbage man has been consistently ridiculed as one of the worst decisions makers in the NBA, right with James Dolan, who has impressively stepped back and let his Knicks become semi relevant again.

Egad.  Despite a lot of exciting young talent in this league,  the NBA is not having a great 2021. 

Archived