NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

Last night I watched a full game of Harden for the first time since opening night. He looked the most explosive I've seen him since the hamstring injury, he was blowing past his defender and getting into the paint with ease all game despite all the athletic defenders the Raptors tried on him which created numerous open looks for his teammates. His playmaking was incredible overall. "Only" 6fts but he still dominated offensively.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wolves blow another double digit lead. The ineptitude is unreal and they look so poorly coached. This is why bad franchises tend to stay bad. 

And lol, just as I write that, somehow they send it to OT.

Probably. The other guy should get a flagrant 2 for that as well. Had joker not did what he did he might have even be suspended. Shoulder checking a guy taking a shot is dirty as fuck in today's game.

Yep that's a game or two. Morris, as he is wont to do, threw in a little cheap shot bump and I imagine Jokic had to have been already really pissed at him prior to that moment, considering how hard he hit Morris. 

The 1992 in me says Morris has always been a punk and got slammed by a much stronger dude. The 2021 me hates to see threat of injury due to non-basketball plays even if it's a rotten shit like Morris.

4 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Probably. The other guy should get a flagrant 2 for that as well. Had joker not did what he did he might have even be suspended. Shoulder checking a guy taking a shot is dirty as fuck in today's game.

Huh? That's a F1 at best.

Some interesting matchups and games yesterday. At one point I was trying to watch Bulls-Nets, Grizzlies-Twolves, Nuggets-Heat and the MNF football game simultaneously. 

Ja Morant has really impressed me over the last couple of seasons. He was doing it all last night to get the win over the Twolves in OT.

Really liked the energy I saw from the Bulls too. They were playing like it was the playoffs. Harden had no presence in the game and KD couldn't do everything for the team. 

Jokic should definitely be suspended. More importantly he has to stay in control. Come playoffs, people can take advantage of the temper and that can really hurt a playoff run for the Nuggets.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

That was some extreme performance art by Morris.

Morris is soft, Jokic barely bumped into his dirty carcass. No foul, keep playing!:lol:

No. Someone needs to say it, Jokic is a violent, dangerous street thug. He's too starogradske for the NBA.

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No. Someone needs to say it, Jokic is a violent, dangerous street thug. He's too starogradske for the NBA.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what "starogradske" means?

50 minutes ago, baxus said:

Couldn't be further from it. ;) 

Lol, when I found the term I was hoping it would be akin to polka. The fist pumping after I threw it into YouTube was real. Couldn’t have found anything better to cap the joke off.

18 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Are you an idiot? He deliberately did a non basketball foul to someone doing a jump shot.

What are you talking about? Tons of players came out afterwards and said what Morris did isn't that uncommon. You're punishing the actor, not the act itself by saying that warranted an ejection and possible suspension. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What are you talking about? Tons of players came out afterwards and said what Morris did isn't that uncommon. You're punishing the actor, not the act itself by saying that warranted an ejection and possible suspension. 

Morris elbow checked Jokic around the neck area. You don't do that shit in the middle of the fucking court. Jokic lost his temper, and deserves his punishment, but Morris had it coming. If you disagree, come try doing that shit to me in a full court run. 

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

Morris elbow checked Jokic around the neck area. You don't do that shit in the middle of the fucking court. Jokic lost his temper, and deserves his punishment, but Morris had it coming. If you disagree, come try doing that shit to me in a full court run. 

Who commits a flagrant foul in a pick up game? Anyways, I stand by my point that nobody would be making a big deal about it if it was some random player.

Archived