NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

100% head in ass. It's so dumb to publicly insult your son's boss. It's 1,000,000,000 times worse to do it when said boss is quite possibly the pettiest person to have ever lived.

Ah @briantw, it appears our teams do battle tonight. Time to expose you frauds! 

19 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Did Lavar mean that tongue in cheek or was it head in ass?

It is always fun when someone is both A.) detached from reality and B.) determined to make sure everyone knows it.

And Twitter is just the highest possible tree that he can climb in order to efficiently display his ass to the maximum number of people.

Lonzo Ball has really grown on me as an NBA player, so I feel bad for him every time his dad decides it is time to make some new declaration.

I was on a Bulls forum about 15 minutes ago. I read your post, King, and thought "Surely he's just referring to our seven players out, not some breaking news."

Nope. This is absolutely absurd. Stacey King and Wennington as well. Unbelievable. Lots of people calling for rescheduling of Bulls games even when there were only five down. Now it's 9. How many other teams' players have been exposed now? If even one player suffers long-term side effects, I put the blame squarely on Adam Silver's shoulders. Vaccination mandates were the correct decision, but this stubborn refusal to reschedule games is shameful.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, Argonath Diver said:

Vaccination mandates were the correct decision, but this stubborn refusal to reschedule games is shameful.

Ask and ye shall receive - the league finally rescheduled the Bulls' Tuesday and Thursday games.

Crazy how David Griffon took the haul from that Anthony Davis trade and turned it into a big ole pile of dog shit.  He got called a genius after that AD trade, with everyone ignoring the fact that he had the Lakers bent over and they basically had to give him everything he wanted to satisfy LeBron.

Now he’s alienated the team’s top young star who is currently eating himself out of the league and the team is going nowhere fast.  

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Crazy how David Griffon took the haul from that Anthony Davis trade and turned it into a big ole pile of dog shit.  He got called a genius after that AD trade, with everyone ignoring the fact that he had the Lakers bent over and they basically had to give him everything he wanted to satisfy LeBron.

Now he’s alienated the team’s top young star who is currently eating himself out of the league and the team is going nowhere fast.  

I don't think its fair to blame Griffon for Zion being out of shape. The rest, however, is true. 

26 minutes ago, Relic said:

I don't think its fair to blame Griffon for Zion being out of shape. The rest, however, is true. 

I think it is fair to blame him. Everyone knew his weight would be an issue, and it was on whichever organization that drafted him to make sure it didn’t become a problem. The Pelicans under Griff have failed him on and off the floor and he should lose his job as a result of it.

NO is in a tough position. Do you extend Zion if he comes back healthy or do you try and trade him? There’s some concern he may buck what everyone else has done before him and not sign his second deal with them anyways.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think it is fair to blame him. Everyone knew his weight would be an issue, and it was on whichever organization that drafted him to make sure it didn’t become a problem. The Pelicans under Griff have failed him on and off the floor and he should lose his job as a result of it.

NO is in a tough position. Do you extend Zion if he comes back healthy or do you try and trade him? There’s some concern he may buck what everyone else has done before him and not sign his second deal with them anyways.

Are the Nets to blame for Harden starting the season out of shape, spending his time in strip clubs? Ridiculous to blame an organization for a player's lack of personal pride. 

30 minutes ago, Relic said:

Not trying to blame Griff for that, but I do think that, if the Pelicans were a well put together team, Zion might find himself more motivated to stay in shape.

Look at Kevin Love.  I and most other people thought that motherfucker was washed and barely an NBA player any more.  But put him on a team that’s playing for something and he looks like a totally different player putting in actual effort on both ends of the floor and establishing himself as a valuable veteran presence on a young but competitive team.

If you put Zion on a team that can win, I think he probably stays in better shape. That’s still something of an indictment on his work ethic, as plenty of players stay in elite shape despite playing on shit teams, but I also think it’s true.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

If you put Zion on a team that can win, I think he probably stays in better shape. That’s still something of an indictment on his work ethic, as plenty of players stay in elite shape despite playing on shit teams, but I also think it’s true.

It's not a crazy assumption to make, but it IS an assumption. 

Archived