NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

22 minutes ago, Relic said:

Are the Nets to blame for Harden starting the season out of shape, spending his time in strip clubs? Ridiculous to blame an organization for a player's lack of personal pride. 

That’s a bit apples and oranges though. Harden is a known commodity and that just comes with it at this point. It didn’t stop him from winning MVP. Zion, OTOH, is young and already missed like half the games he’s been eligible for. And it’s mostly due to his weight leading to lower body injuries. That’s on the organization to some degree.  

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And it’s mostly due to his weight leading to lower body injuries. That’s on the organization to some degree.  

His initial injury happened at Duke, tho. Anyway, not trying to be an apologist for the team here, but Zion's lack of success is as much on him as it is on them, imho. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

His initial injury happened at Duke, tho. Anyway, not trying to be an apologist for the team here, but Zion's lack of success is as much on him as it is on them, imho. 

As time goes on it will be more on him, and it's possible the team has been doing all it can to protect and help him and he hasn't gone along with it, but given their recent track record I have no faith that the Pelicans have been doing all they can to prevent this from happening. 

Would you want the Knicks to trade for him, and if so what would you give up? 

19 minutes ago, Relic said:

Nah, i don't want him. I'd try to get Simmons tho...

Well it wouldn't be this year anyways given Zion might not actually play, and with Simmons, last I heard he was still unvaccinated so you'd just be getting another Kyrie situation.

Speaking of Simmons, I still can't believe he's claiming mental health concerns to keep getting his checks. From afar it feels like total BS.

Say one thing about Steph Curry, say he hits 3's. Counting stats aren't always a good direct comparison between players, but even assuming Allen and Miller were also feasting on modern day defenses, I still think Curry is the Goat at putting the ball in the bucket from far away. Add on top of this his preternatural ability to read and pick apart a defense until he or his teammate get their shot, and he's just a joy to watch.

I hate him.

I always thought that Miller was a better shooter than Allen (no disrespect to Mr. Shuttlesworth), so I'm kinda glad Curry has the record now. 

Pretty crazy that the record is currently just under 3k makes, and yet Curry isn't even close to done.  He will definitely break 4k with decent health and 5k is certainly possible.  How long will that record stand?  Who knows.  The NBA might change the rules to make the game less 3-ball dependent, in which case it could stand forever.  Or maybe some kid who's just coming up will do it.  Nobody that's currently in the NBA looks to have the skills that I can see. 

7 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Pretty amazing night for NBA clips. OT game-winning shot by a Lakers rook, that absolutely bananas OKC/Pels finish, and Okoro's ridiculously awesome dunk over three defenders (and no foul call hahaha).

I like to think the refs were so awed by that dunk that they forgot to blow the whistle.

4 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

I'm not wishing ill on Kyrie, but when your players are out because of Covid, why are you bringing in someone who is more vulnerable to it? Surely, he'd also be out soon enough even if it hopefully is asymptomatic? 

Bradley Beal seems fine.

Kyrie won, maybe the earth really is flat.

Archived