Jump to content
IlyaP

Videogames Killed the TV Star

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah, Witcher 3 is a loooooong fucking game.  I hit all the question marks on the main map and all of the land-based ones on the Skellige map in addition to completing all the side quests that I could find and the main story plus expansions.  Steam tells me I finally finished the game at 148 hours.

Compare to Skyrim: Took me more than 300 hours on my first complete playthrough (with DLCs of course).

 

4 hours ago, Kaligator said:

Star wars fans legitimately chase off every single person who is interested in doing more star wars including George Lucas and apparently the only one who is remotely acceptable is someone who only does nostalgia and rehashes clone wars cartoons. 

You don't have to rehash old things and be stuck into pure nostalgia and yet still admit that if asked which is the best SW movie, Empire or a New Hope are the best replies, Return of the Jedi or Rogue One are acceptable replies, The Mandalorian would be cheating but could be accepted as well maybe (picking KOTOR 1/2 would be a bit too much, though not wrong either), but anyone picking a prequel, a sequel or Solo is just plain wrong. Expecting someone who has some taste to write SW stuff isn't too entitled, and it doesn't mean one who has such expectations just wants to see clones of the original trilogy. It's not because one likes Asimov's books about robots, Foundation and the Empire that one isn't interested in reading his other stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clueless Northman said:

You don't have to rehash old things and be stuck into pure nostalgia and yet still admit that if asked which is the best SW movie, Empire or a New Hope are the best replies, Return of the Jedi or Rogue One are acceptable replies, The Mandalorian would be cheating but could be accepted as well maybe (picking KOTOR 1/2 would be a bit too much, though not wrong either), but anyone picking a prequel, a sequel or Solo is just plain wrong. Expecting someone who has some taste to write SW stuff isn't too entitled, and it doesn't mean one who has such expectations just wants to see clones of the original trilogy. It's not because one likes Asimov's books about robots, Foundation and the Empire that one isn't interested in reading his other stories.

If someone asked you what the best Star Wars movie was and you answered The Mandalorian or KOTOR you clearly didn’t understand the question.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I now believe I have 75,000 "?" on my map. Rough estimate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clueless Northman said:

Compare to Skyrim: Took me more than 300 hours on my first complete playthrough (with DLCs of course).

 

You don't have to rehash old things and be stuck into pure nostalgia and yet still admit that if asked which is the best SW movie, Empire or a New Hope are the best replies, Return of the Jedi or Rogue One are acceptable replies, The Mandalorian would be cheating but could be accepted as well maybe (picking KOTOR 1/2 would be a bit too much, though not wrong either), but anyone picking a prequel, a sequel or Solo is just plain wrong. Expecting someone who has some taste to write SW stuff isn't too entitled, and it doesn't mean one who has such expectations just wants to see clones of the original trilogy. It's not because one likes Asimov's books about robots, Foundation and the Empire that one isn't interested in reading his other stories.

It's good to know that I have no taste, since I like The Force Awakens and especially The Last Jedi more than the Mandalorian and Rogue One. I'm deeply sorry that this reply is unacceptable to you; after all, they were critically acclaimed movies, but the Council of Some Internet Star Wars Fans have decided that the sequels are bad, and as we all know, this is very serious business. I accept the judgment of your gatekeeping and will go into exile, away from all Stars and/or Wars.

From now on only people with acceptable taste will write Star Wars material, like Kevin J. Anderson and George Lucas and Lawrence Kasdan. But wait, but didn't he write Solo? And didn't Lucas write Attack of the Clones? Only Kevin J. Anderson then. KOTOR: Darksaber edition it is.

Edited by Caligula_K3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

It's good to know that I have no taste, since I like The Force Awakens and especially The Last Jedi more than the Mandalorian and Rogue One. 

I mean, some people just have bad taste. 

I love a lot of bad movies.  Main difference is I recognize they’re bad.

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFW no one is talking about the actual best Star Wars game series, Dark Forces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poobah said:

TFW no one is talking about the actual best Star Wars game series, Dark Forces.

That's because it's not even the best game in it's own series much less Star Wars games as a whole.  It is a flickering candle next to the Sun of Tie Fighter for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

That's because it's not even the best game in it's own series much less Star Wars games as a whole.  It is a flickering candle next to the Sun of Tie Fighter for example.

Well, he did say game series, not game.  And yeah, Jedi Knight is an all time classic.

Obviously there are better Star Wars games by now, but at the time it was incredible. 

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god, the last mission I completed was insanely hard. What are you supposed to do when you have to fight someone way stronger than you and you have no life?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

My god, the last mission I completed was insanely hard. What are you supposed to do when you have to fight someone way stronger than you and you have no life?!?

I see you’re getting to the first time I quit this game. An insurmountable number of ? to ever realistically accomplish, mixed with a fairly terrible 3rd person combat system.

Edited by aceluby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I see you’re getting to the first time I quit this game. An insurmountable number of ? to ever realistically accomplish, mixed with a fairly terrible 3rd person combat system.

It's so clunky. I'm just quick attacking everything because the movement is so janky. Give me RDR2 specs and I'd be fine, but trapped in a dungeon, with no life, fighting against shit way stronger than you.....good god. It took so many tries and I'm not even out of it, just beyond the worst.

Also, feel a bit weird that I wish the hot platinum blonde in the game would teleport next to me, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's so clunky. I'm just quick attacking everything because the movement is so janky. Give me RDR2 specs and I'd be fine, but trapped in a dungeon, with no life, fighting against shit way stronger than you.....good god. It took so many tries and I'm not even out of it, just beyond the worst.

Also, feel a bit weird that I wish the hot platinum blonde in the game would teleport next to me, lol.

I turned the difficulty all the way down because of the janky combat. It’s still challenging enough, but I don’t have to micromanage as much and can focus on quests. Also, play some gwent and buff up your deck. That shit is the best part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're having trouble with Witcher 3 combat, just spam the Axii sign on everyone, stunning them will grant you an instakill. Aard also works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only one whose combat I really hated was 1. Combat in 2 was OK, and I even liked it in 3. Once I got used to mixing up the swordwork with signs and roll-dodges, I developed a rhythm and it became enjoyable.

In any case, I never played any of those games for the combat, but for the parts between the fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

First time playing Witcher 3 on PC. Think I need more fingers to do this on a keyboard 

I used my Xbox for PC controller.  Works a hell of a lot better than mouse and keyboard for Witcher 3 imo.  And it's not like the game requires any sort of precision aiming since combat is all lock-on based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...