Fantasy Football 2021

Whiskeyjack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Playoff brackets.  Congrats to everyone who advanced.

Experts
Byes - Jace (1), Dunk (2)
Mcbigski (3) vs. Jaxom (6)
Whiskeyjack (4) vs. Boiled Leather (5)

Westeros A
Byes - Jaime (1), Grozeng (2)
Blu-Ray (3) vs. POTN (6)
Bronn (4) vs. Whiskeyjack (5)

Westeros B
Byes - Tywin (1), POTN (2)
Ser Not Appearing (3) vs. Pyro (6)
Mudguard (4) vs. JJ Lannister (5)

Westeros C
Byes - Whiskeyjack (1), Mudguard (2)
Aceluby (3) vs. Ser Not Appearing (6)
Tywin (4) vs. Jace (5)

Can somebody in Dynasty and Keeper could post those too?

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Four outta five ain't bad. Wild that my Dynasty team has been destroying everyone even after King Henry went down...

Even with the extra week this season, 2244.06 is an impressive point total in a 1-defense league.

ETA:  Dynasty started in week 2.  That is probably close to the highest total ever in a 13 week Westeros Fantasy Season.

20 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Even with the extra week this season, 2244.06 is an impressive point total in a 1-defense league.

Yeah, I scored over 400 points more than anyone else, but I also had the least points scored against me. Part of me fears this will be a repeat of the Survivor league from a few years back, which I led in points from beginning to end until the Final when all my key players either got hurt or had their worst game of the season.

In my one money league off-forum I'm still alive, but probably am done after this week (no bye-week and only a four team playoff). I'm third in points scored, but have had the most points against and if you removed the second most points there's close to a 250 point gap for third place. The team had a projected undefeated season, but each of my top four picks missed several games. I went back and looked after last night (another huge game) and I have four of the top 10 scores, yet went 2-2 in those matches...

I believe I've accounted so far for all the Covid nonsense we have to deal with. As of now it's only a TE in Keeper league, Higbee is in the protocol, so if he can't play Tuesday Everett is my backup, but he also plays Tuesday so FML. At least I have two byes.

Good luck @Babblebauble and @grozeng, and by that I mean fuck you. ;)

Semi-finals

Experts
Jace (1) vs. Whiskeyjack (4)
Dunk (2) vs. Mcbigski (3)

Westeros A
Jaime (1) vs. Bronn (4)
Grozeng (2) vs. Blu-Ray (3)

Westeros B
Tywin (1) vs. Mudguard (4)
POTN (2) vs. Pyro (6)

Westeros C
Whiskeyjack (1) vs. Jace (5)
Mudguard (2) vs. Aceluby (3)

I forgot about the Thursday game until Yahoo sent a reminder the game was about to start.  Missed putting AJ Brown in for two leagues and got stuck starting Foreman in 2 leagues because I did not change my roster.  And since AJ Brown was in my IR slot, I could not pick up COVID replacements in Keeper.  Bad week to not pay attention.

Keeper Groz v Race 
Dynasty: Jaxom v Tywin

So the way I see it -

The priority of feeder leagues has historically been
Current members of Experts stay with any win.
The "primary" feeder leagues are redraft leagues - Keeper and Dynasty rank behind (never liked this, felt that winning a perennial league is more indicative of devotion to WFFL's, but my viewpoint never prevailed).  And in the rare case where it matters, the primary leagues are ranked numerically/alphabetically.

That being assumed for the sake of argument.

Race and I have the opportunity to save ourselves with wins in W-A or Keeper.  Otherwise, done.
Groz is in with a win in W-A.  There may be a scenario with a loss in W-A and a win in Keeper, but its a longshot.
The winner of W-B is in. (along with Groz if he wins A, as the first replacement otherwise)
Mudguard has a good chance with a win in C - the only way he doesn't advance with a win in C involves him losing B and both Race and I keeping our slots.
Tywin is rooting for a win in Dynasty, and wins by WJ in C and Groz in both A and Keeper.   Or a Mudguard double-dip.
Jaime survives with Groz in A, (any in B), WJ in C, Groz in Keeper, Jaxom in Dynasty.  He needs a perfect outcome.  Or a winner to politely decline promotion.

Archived