Fantasy Football 2021

Whiskeyjack

On 12/28/2021 at 1:07 AM, Bronn Stone said:

Keeper Groz v Race 
Dynasty: Jaxom v Tywin

So the way I see it -

The priority of feeder leagues has historically been
Current members of Experts stay with any win.
The "primary" feeder leagues are redraft leagues - Keeper and Dynasty rank behind (never liked this, felt that winning a perennial league is more indicative of devotion to WFFL's, but my viewpoint never prevailed).  And in the rare case where it matters, the primary leagues are ranked numerically/alphabetically.

Is that accurate?  I'm in experts because I won C.  I thought A B and C were equally the second tier leagues and then dynasty and whatever else were tie breakers.  As far as I know A and B are snake drafts and I could poop a better league given 12 hours and bad burittos.

5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Is that accurate?  I'm in experts because I won C.  I thought A B and C were equally the second tier leagues and then dynasty and whatever else were tie breakers.  As far as I know A and B are snake drafts and I could poop a better league given 12 hours and bad burittos.

It has been in the past on the RARE occasions when there aren't enough slots available because the members of Experts scheduled for Jaxoming won in lower ranked leagues and nobody in Experts won a feeder.

And Westeros A is not a snake draft.  At one time it was considered "the other Experts" as it had a consistent membership of only long term players.   While I could not speculate on your excretory potential, which considering the degree to which you are full of fecal matter could be considerable, the current membership of W-A is Me, WJ, Groz, Jaime, PotN, Jace, JJ, BluRay, Tywin and Ace.  Those owners have a combined 100ish seasons in Experts.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Babblebauble said:

As the 1 seed in Experts I will be accepting oaths of fealty from every playoff participant. Kneel before the Sun Throne and make your pledges upon the Dragon Scepter!!! 

:tantrum:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I fart in your general direction! :fencing:

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Looks like Groz will win W-A and Mudguard will take both W-B and W-C.

Where do things stand in Dynasty and Keeper?

Keeper looks like Race will be saving his bacon and stealing Jaime's.  Groz is done.  Race is 0.86 behind with Nate Chubb to go.  Or Nick.  One of those Chubb dudes.

Made the finals in three leagues this year.  Two are free, one keeper league with some fellow Cleveland sports fans and one dynasty league that I joined on reddit that started up around 2017.  The third is my dynasty league with college friends, and is for actual money and, thus, the one I care most about.

I won the Cleveland sports fan league, which is a 14-teamer, by 130 points.  I had Chase, and he scored 70 points on his own in this league's settings.  Penny and St. Brown, two guys I got on waivers in the past three weeks, added forty each.  

The other two leagues hinge on tonight.

In my money dynasty league, I need 20 points combined from Nick Chubb, Diontae Johnson, and Myles Garrett (IDP league).  Doable, but certainly not a given.  In the free dynasty league, I need 12 points from Big Ben.  Again, certainly not a given.

This has been a tough year for me with all the injuries.  If I can walk away with one big money league win, that would be great.

Overall, a fairly respectable fantasy season.  Took 2nd in my 12 man, $100 league by one point in the super bowl (he had Chase and Metcalf - combined 7 touchdowns), 3rd in C, 4th in my other money league - but pretty poorly in both A & B, missing A playoffs due to one really bad Covid week where my entire bench was either on IR or not playing.  

Fair fantasy season for me.  Made the playoffs in four of five leagues.  Didn't win any championships, though.  Really had no business even being in the playoffs in A and finished 6th.  Finished 2nd in B.  Ended up 4th in my own long-standing money league and 2nd in another money league (so both of these will come with some payouts).

Ended up losing the finals in Westeros C, in large part thanks to Ja'Marr Chase. 

But....won the championship in my work league, in large part thanks to Ja'Marr Chase.  So I don't have any complaints, especially since that was for a good amount of money.

One of my coworkers told me I was like Thanos collecting players in trades all year, but ended up that 8 of my 10 starters in the final (other than K + DEF) were guys I drafted.  And they were the guys I drafted in the first 8 rounds, which is kind of crazy and never seems to happen. 

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Ended up losing the finals in Westeros C, in large part thanks to Ja'Marr Chase. 

But....won the championship in my work league, in large part thanks to Ja'Marr Chase.  So I don't have any complaints, especially since that was for a good amount of money.

One of my coworkers told me I was like Thanos collecting players in trades all year, but ended up that 8 of my 10 starters in the final (other than K + DEF) were guys I drafted.  And they were the guys I drafted in the first 8 rounds, which is kind of crazy and never seems to happen. 

This is nuts to me, in my off-board money league (snake draft), my first and second round picks were solid, but every pick from 3-7 flamed out hilariously. As someone who loves drafting, having 8 draftees start in a finals game is the dream.

14 minutes ago, BLU-RAY said:

This is nuts to me, in my off-board money league (snake draft), my first and second round picks were solid, but every pick from 3-7 flamed out hilariously. As someone who loves drafting, having 8 draftees start in a finals game is the dream.

Yeah, was pretty surprised when I realized it.  Was drafting out of the 2 spot, and my first 8 picks were:

1 - Dalvin Cook
2 - Joe Mixon
3 - Kyler Murray
4 - Ceedee Lamb
5 - Justin Herbert
6 - Diontae Johnson
7 - Javonte Williams
8 - Ja'Marr Chase

Along with those guys, was starting Deebo (who I traded for early in the year) and Dawson Knox (who I picked up in September).

Javonte was the weak link in that group, and wasn't a regular starter for me.  Had Fournette playing over him for most of the last few months, but once he got injured, had to move Javonte into the lineup.

Archived