Fantasy Football 2021

Whiskeyjack

2 hours ago, grozeng said:

We are good for Dynasty but still need 2 people to draft Thursday at 9pm for Keeper.  Anyone interested.  If you don't want to manage the team all year, we can take it over after the draft.

ME's team is really good though if someone wants a good keeper team to be in the league

I can probably fill in for the draft.

37 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I can probably fill in for the draft.

Cool can you IM me your email and I will invite you.  

We still need 1 more for Thursday at 9pm.  Unless you actually want to be in the league, we will just need you for the draft and then can take over the team after.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I am not sure if it is an issue in my 2 leagues, but I can imagine it will be.  Do we reverse the last transaction and put them back in the lineup?

I think you do your best to notify the person in advance, and if they don't act reverse it so they don't get an unfair advantage. I was one calling for a generous IR situation last year, but I think we can begin to start rolling that back.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I think you do your best to notify the person in advance, and if they don't act reverse it so they don't get an unfair advantage. I was one calling for a generous IR situation last year, but I think we can begin to start rolling that back.

We kept 2 spots in Keeper and Dynasty and I wish we had more.  I have a bunch of injuries.

37 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Hey @Whiskeyjack

How do you make sure people move players that they put on IR that are not on the IR anymore? 

Pretty sure that Yahoo only allows somebody on IR if they are designated as Out, IR, or Pup.  And if somebody keeps a player on IR who is no longer eligible, then Yahoo won't let them add or drop any other players. 

I guess you could end up with a situation where somebody doesn't want to make any moves and they abuse the system, but for the most part I'm content to let the Yahoo site do the policing, since not being able to make any adds/drops is pretty restrictive.  And I really don't want to spend time looking through people's rosters.

But if you want to control it beyond that, I guess I'd warn the person first, and then if they don't take the player off IR by Sunday, you could drop the player from their team, or something like that?  If you were going to go that route, should probably post the rule in your league thread, notify everyone, and give it a week before putting it into action.

6 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Pretty sure that Yahoo only allows somebody on IR if they are designated as Out, IR, or Pup.  And if somebody keeps a player on IR who is no longer eligible, then Yahoo won't let them add or drop any other players. 

I guess you could end up with a situation where somebody doesn't want to make any moves and they abuse the system, but for the most part I'm content to let the Yahoo site do the policing, since not being able to make any adds/drops is pretty restrictive.  And I really don't want to spend time looking through people's rosters.

But if you want to control it beyond that, I guess I'd warn the person first, and then if they don't take the player off IR by Sunday, you could drop the player from their team, or something like that?  If you were going to go that route, should probably post the rule in your league thread, notify everyone, and give it a week before putting it into action.

Yeah, no.  I don't want to do that.  I can barely remember to change my roster on time for the weekend.  I don't want to micro-manage other teams.

Just wanted to be consistent in case you did anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived