Trailer Thread: H8te Watching

AncalagonTheBlack

2 hours ago, ithanos said:

Can never have too many Westerns.

Trace Adkins seems to agree, as he's a co-star in both of them. :rofl:

Old Henry looks like the more interesting of the two.

So what's up with Moonfall? Is it a story about the moon getting knocked into the Earth for some reason and the movie is basically an Armageddon-retread (let's blow up the moon before it hits us)? Or is this a story about aliens and the moon itself isn't really a threat?

I kinda saw evidence for both in that trailer.

8 minutes ago, Fez said:

So what's up with Moonfall? Is it a story about the moon getting knocked into the Earth for some reason and the movie is basically an Armageddon-retread (let's blow up the moon before it hits us)? Or is this a story about aliens and the moon itself isn't really a threat?

I kinda saw evidence for both in that trailer.

I think it's Emmerich's attempt at another Independence Day rehash, but this time with aliens taking over the Moon and knocking it into the Earth, because the giant alien ship that literally sat on the Earth in ID2 wasn't enough.

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Not a fan of the trailer song, rather distracting. And the end tag was rather too on the nose for my tastes. But otherwise very interested.

I liked it. I had to look it up but yes, the guy in the yellow jacket is Paulie. Also, I didn't think Michael Gandolfini was going to get as much screentime as this trailer suggests... don't know why I thought that.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

"We all have a story to tell, but what makes each one different is not how the story ends, but rather, the place where it begins."

The fuck?  That's some kind of stupid right there.

I'm down for it. Though I am curious how much is this actually it's own thing, versus being a retread of the first movie. Also, it seems like bullshit that Morpheus is clearly in this movie, even if he has a different name (I've no idea there), but was recast rather than being Laurence Fishburne. 

Archived