Trailer Thread: H8te Watching

AncalagonTheBlack

It's a stylish trailer, I'll give it that. But I'm hoping most of that footage was shot specifically for the trailer and won't be in the show; I'm not looking for a live action cartoon.

4 hours ago, Fez said:

It's a stylish trailer, I'll give it that. But I'm hoping most of that footage was shot specifically for the trailer and won't be in the show; I'm not looking for a live action cartoon.

Yeah, I was impressed to begin with but then I realized that a show that looks entirely like that will be tiresome. Also... some of the performances were shaky.

I'm glad they did a neat bit of technical filmmaking for this teaser, but still don't see why this thing should exist beyond getting Yoko Kanno (and hopefully Seatbelts) to do some new music.

13 hours ago, Fez said:

I think the problem is that it was shot at all. What kind of acting is that? I recently watched Wandavision and this felt like acting from the pseudositcoms in that show, without the self awareness.

It seemed like they were trying to go with a sort of Wes Anderson mix of style and wit. Which works if you're Wes Anderson. I can't say that I was impressed here.

But so it goes. History was against this show. There has never been a successful live action adaptation of an anime, so the odds were long anyway.

It's a shame, but at least Attack on Titan's final season starts up soon, so there are still anime related things to look forward to.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I never watched Cowboy Bebop as a kid and that trailer looks like a lot of fun. The anime is being released on Netflix tomorrow and am surprised it was only a 26 episode run. May have to give it a try. 

The cartoon is great! But I don't know if that trailer is a good recommendation to the cartoon. To me the cartoon  seemed tonally way different than what the trailer was going for.

The cartoon has this unique, strange yet cool vibe. This seemed more like some weird fan made 50s sitcom parody with special effects thrown in.

As for Cowboy Bebop, I love the anime even though I'm not much of anime person overall; and I'm a big fan of John Cho too. But I have some extremely heavy doubts about the adaptation. I'm rooting for it, I want it to be good; I'm just not impressed at all yet by what I've seen. And I don't think anything will win me over until I get to see an uninterrupted clip from the show itself, and it's good.

31 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

Looks like one of those formulaic movies that we all watched many times before. 

I thought it looked good, was funny, and really captured the feeling of it. And the casting is perfect!

9 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

I thought it looked good, was funny, and really captured the feeling of it. And the casting is perfect!

Ok, but have you seen anything in the trailer that you haven't seen before?

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I love the games, but this trailer doesn’t make me very hopeful…

So disappointed in this. Tom Holland is not Nathan Drake in anything other than name and Wahlberg as Sully? Felt like Peter Parker on a treasure hunt which is not at all the character. Come on. What a waste.

Archived