Trailer Thread: H8te Watching

AncalagonTheBlack

17 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Tokyo Vice is an upcoming crime drama based on the 2009 book of the same name by Jake Adelstein that is set to premiere on April 7, 2022, on HBO Max. Starring Ansel Elgort and Ken Watanabe. The drama captures Adelstein's daily descent into the neon-soaked underbelly of Tokyo, where nothing and no one is truly what or who they seem. Streaming April 7 on HBO Max.

Replace the lead and I'd be more interested. It's not even "just" the allegations, I also think Elgort is an aggressively mediocre actor.

Which is a shame because I love the neon Tokyo vibe and Ken Watanabe is great.

IIRC, Michael Mann directed the pilot and is an executive producer. I'm watching it.

Not a fan of Elgort as a performer, though. He was a void in Baby Driver, IMO, and what the trailer shows of him is not appealing. But hard to pass up anything with Ken Watanabe in it.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

IIRC, Michael Mann directed the pilot and is an executive producer. I'm watching it.

Not a fan of Elgort as a performer, though. He was a void in Baby Driver, IMO, and what the trailer shows of him is not appealing. But hard to pass up anything with Ken Watanabe in it.

Yeah I thought Mann would be more involved but it looks limited to the pilot which lessens the appeal.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Looking, well, epic. I've never once played a Halo game, but I get the gist of genetically-engineered super soldiers and all that. 

Hey, look a halo jump in Halo! :P

Yes it does look visually impressive. I hope the story has some meat.

We Own This City is an upcoming American miniseries based on the nonfiction book of the same name by Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton. Like the book, the miniseries details the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department's Gun Trace Task Force and the corruption surrounding it. The miniseries was created and written by David Simon and George Pelecanos, and directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green. The six-episode series is set to premiere on HBO on April 25, 2022.

The Time Traveler's Wife is an upcoming American drama television series based on the novel of the same name by Audrey Niffenegger, set to premiere on HBO in the spring of 2022.

Rose Leslie and Theo James were cast as the series leads. David Nutter has directed all six episodes.The series is written by Steven Moffat.

5 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

We Own This City is an upcoming American miniseries based on the nonfiction book of the same name by Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton. Like the book, the miniseries details the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department's Gun Trace Task Force and the corruption surrounding it. The miniseries was created and written by David Simon and George Pelecanos, and directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green. The six-episode series is set to premiere on HBO on April 25, 2022.

Oh hell yes.

Released today on Netflix:

Watched the first episode, slow but amusing (half of it being "How in the world does something about this exist as a manga that's been adapted both to live action and, now, anime" so far), and actually a little educational too.

Archived