Trailer Thread: H8te Watching

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm not familiar with his works. Why would he be?

Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote a couple of Predator novels in the wake of the original Arnie movie, and they are surprisingly good.

LWE is a very accomplished and prolific writer, but movie tie-ins aren't typically his thing, so these books (written as "Nathan Archer") were an interesting aberration from his usual modus.

Anyway, as soon as I saw the trailer, it immediately reminded me of his Nathan Archer Predator stories, so I wondered if he was included in the payout.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:43 AM, Corvinus85 said:

Sigh, they've finally done a movie not about a Western historical figure and this is the best title they could come up with. 

at 46 seconds i guess that's supposed to be the Charles Bridge in what will one day be Prague?

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote a couple of Predator novels in the wake of the original Arnie movie, and they are surprisingly good.

LWE is a very accomplished and prolific writer, but movie tie-ins aren't typically his thing, so these books (written as "Nathan Archer") were an interesting aberration from his usual modus.

Anyway, as soon as I saw the trailer, it immediately reminded me of his Nathan Archer Predator stories, so I wondered if he was included in the payout.

OK, but none of his Predator books, based on what I'm seeing, have the story 300 years ago, with a Predator hunting Native Americans.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

OK, but none of his Predator books, based on what I'm seeing, have the story 300 years ago, with a Predator hunting Native Americans.

You are correct, but the Predators in one of them hunt a group of proto-humans or stone-age bipeds on a distant planet.  The vibe in this trailer just rang the bell for me.

How have they not done Predator vs. Jurassic Park? I'd watch that. Pretty sure that (unlike in the JP books) you can't copyright dinosaurs so you could just not call it it that and set it 65 million years ago, or on some reserve planet the predators have set up because they like raptors. this shit writes itself.

15 minutes ago, RumHam said:

How have they not done Predator vs. Jurassic Park? I'd watch that. Pretty sure that (unlike in the JP books) you can't copyright dinosaurs so you could just not call it it that and set it 65 million years ago, or on some reserve planet the predators have set up because they like raptors. this shit writes itself.

And in the sequel, dinos stumble onto a nest of hatching facehuggers. Print that money!

ETA: Also, I'm just saying, 20th Century does own the rights to Predator and Avatar. Imagine the possibilities... 

21 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, and Amy Brenneman.Based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Perry

I'd prefer a movie to a tv show. But, either way, I'm up for a John Wick/History of Violence mash-up with these actors.

Archived