Trailer Thread: H8te Watching

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, ash_what_ said:

No MCU meh/duh stuff here please. There are separate threads IIRC. Nobody has posted, but just in case

So you had no issue with the C.I. Ape trailer but the marvel films are too meh/duh to post here?  

4 hours ago, ash_what_ said:

No MCU meh/duh stuff here please. There are separate threads IIRC. Nobody has posted, but just in case

It's a trailer thread.

Blow.

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

So you had no issue with the C.I. Ape trailer but the marvel films are too meh/duh to post here?  

What in heaven's name are you even talking about?

That was ridiculously dumb, so excusable, Marvel stuff are just cash cows. When you discuss US Politics with a thread separately and not in International events, why not Marvel stuff in it's thread?Just an opinion

2 hours ago, ash_what_ said:

When you discuss US Politics with a thread separately and not in International events, why not Marvel stuff in it's thread?Just an opinion

I don't think anyone would have had a problem if a big MCU discussion had broken out here and you'd gone 'lads this has its own thread can we take it in there?'.

But you didn't even wait till someone posted the trailer, which just made it seem like you were looking for an excuse to slag off Marvel films while also demanding your way.

4 hours ago, ash_what_ said:

What in heaven's name are you even talking about?

That was ridiculously dumb, so excusable, Marvel stuff are just cash cows. When you discuss US Politics with a thread separately and not in International events, why not Marvel stuff in it's thread?Just an opinion

So, this is a thread for indie movie trailers? :blink:

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I don't think anyone would have had a problem if a big MCU discussion had broken out here and you'd gone 'lads this has its own thread can we take it in there?'.

Preventive request instead of say, a cure lol

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

But you didn't even wait till someone posted the trailer, which just made it seem like you were looking for an excuse to slag off Marvel films while also demanding your way.

Guilty as charged about the bold part, but italics, wait, I was as brusque as you imply? 

3 minutes ago, ash_what_ said:

I was as brusque as you imply? 

Not counting my immediately posting the trailer, four other people felt the need to respond to you about it, which is quite a lot in one go for this sort of thing.

I guess it might be a second language thing if English isn't your first? Or just a tone-doesn't-always-come-across-in-text thing. But yeah, it came off quite rude.

Just now, polishgenius said:

I guess it might be a second language thing if English isn't your first?

Yep

Just now, polishgenius said:

Or just a tone-doesn't-always-come-across-in-text thing

Yeah

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

But yeah, it came off quite rude.

Sorry, lesson learnt

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

When is the new matrix trailer due? 

Imminently. Apparently it's already appeared in front of films in the US, according to some reports. It's reportedly really weird.

Spoiler

Keanu and Carrie-Ann are apparently playing new characters - possibly they survived the end of Revolutions, had their memories wiped and their Matrix avatars reprogrammed and given a new life by the machines, or whatever - and Morpheus is apparently in it but looks totally different and is played by a new actor.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Imminently. Apparently it's already appeared in front of films in the US, according to some reports. It's reportedly really weird.

Hide contents

Keanu and Carrie-Ann are apparently playing new characters - possibly they survived the end of Revolutions, had their memories wiped and their Matrix avatars reprogrammed and given a new life by the machines, or whatever - and Morpheus is apparently in it but looks totally different and is played by a new actor.

That sounds…not good. 

I'd recommend holding off on reacting to the trailer until, ya know, you've actually seen the trailer. Rather than relying on third hand accounts of what was shown at Cinemacon.

Archived