UK Politics - Put your mask in the bin and hug your granny

john

12 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Looks like something serious is happening in Plymouth. No official reports or confirmations of what exactly but shitloads of ambulance response and reports of gunfire. 

Dunno if we have any Plymouth boarders but if we do, stay safe. 

Thankfully not terror related, but still pretty bad. 

It's OK though, Priti has offered offered chief constable her 'full support'.  

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's OK though, Priti has offered offered chief constable her 'full support'.  

Which will largely consist of thoughts and prayers, rather than cold hard cash, I am sure.

It's now coming out that he suspect had some very hard Incel vibes. 

1 hour ago, mormont said:

Which will largely consist of thoughts and prayers, rather than cold hard cash, I am sure.

With her at least, thoughts and prayers would be significantly more helpful than any advice she could offer. 

16 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

That is a worldwide problem. Prices for building materials started exploding a few months ago when the USA started its economic recovery.

Yep we have major shortages here. There is a 40-week wait, according to a friend of mine, on some materials, and of course prices are going up. People will blame the inflation on money swirling around from all sorts of COVID relief spending by the govt,  and start demanding govts cut budgets and decrease spending. But it's the supply shock that's causing the inflation.

Sad to hear about the Plymouth shooting. At this distance all I can offer is thoughts and prayers, much maligned as they are.

It's early yet and there's still time for further details to emerge. But if these rumours do turn out to be true, I think the claim that this is not a 'terror' incident - when it may have been inspired by a violent ideology - seems somewhat loose with the concept of 'terrorism'.

33 minutes ago, mormont said:

It's early yet and there's still time for further details to emerge. But if these rumours do turn out to be true, I think the claim that this is not a 'terror' incident - when it may have been inspired by a violent ideology - seems somewhat loose with the concept of 'terrorism'.

White people can't be terrorists. Even ones with unkempt beards. 

What I have found to be so grotesque (or sad, or depressing) about the shooter is that the guy is only 22 and wrote about how ruined his life was, how he suffered so much. You’d think he was a 40-year old facing a mid-life crisis after decades of struggling instead of a young person with 60 years ahead of him to make his life better.

USA exports spread like covid, Yay USA! We're so great again even the Brits pretend to be USA!  QNon rides again! Incel rides again!  Gun violence coz the women don't like me rides again.  All across the Atlantic!  Thanks, Mark Zuckerberg!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jake-davison-suspected-mass-shooter-said-he-was-an-american-trump-supporting-virgin

BTW, earlier this week in Our USA, another Qnon kool aider killed his kids with a spear gun because they'd inherited their mother's demon seed so he saved the USA from them by killing them.  YAY, so much grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8ness.

2 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Dont go too far with the hyperbole. This is the first mass shooting here for 11 years, whereas in the US it would just be the first since yesterday 

O come on.  Where did I say anything other?  And please, let there be no more, not just for 11 years, but ever!  That is my heartiest hope for the UK.  Living with this shyte does make a nation insane -- and all the more vulnerable to irrational kool aid drinking.

33 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Dont go too far with the hyperbole. This is the first mass shooting here for 11 years, whereas in the US it would just be the first since yesterday 

Plus, we have always had our own mass shootings. Hungerford in the 80s, Dunblane in the 90s. They're thankfully rare in the UK but certainly not a US cultural import.

16 hours ago, mormont said:

If this guy’s name was Muhammad much of the right would rush to use him as an example of why they need to keep those evil barbarians out of civilization. Point to all his misogynistic ramblings as being the fault of his inferior(foreign) culture(race) even if personally never mentioned the Quran in his ramblings.

Same if he was an immigrant or his family were immigrants from some place not white.

But given what he’s been revealed as at best they’ll be silent about this terrorism attack.

at worst they’ll use it as a reason for trying to pressure women into getting together with incels to fix them(because women have to be collectivist). The misogynistic worldview suddenly becomes sympathetic and rational and need be catered to.
Maybe push for government to roll back some protections in the workplace so women are more easily forced out, preach for women to be chase before marriage(slut-shame) more, and making harder women to apply for a divorce. 

15 hours ago, L'oiseau français said:

What I have found to be so grotesque (or sad, or depressing) about the shooter is that the guy is only 22 and wrote about how ruined his life was, how he suffered so much. You’d think he was a 40-year old facing a mid-life crisis after decades of struggling instead of a young person with 60 years ahead of him to make his life better.

What I found most grotesque with this incel-terrorist was he still bitched about Chad getting all the chicks he whilst he planned a killing spree.

The most stereotypical chad is leagues more a nice guy than this child-murderer angry about not being able to own another human being.

16 hours ago, Spockydog said:

...and a Trump supporter.

Far-right extremism has transcended national borders ironically. 

Incidents like these are why I can’t take a lot of hysteria around “wokeness” seriously. Because the far-right continues to rack up the body counts in the west whilst the woke gets canceled off of Twitter.

I don’t think there’s been a mass shooting or great act of violence that cost human life because some social-progressive was angry about patriarchy.

Archived