Jump to content

Littlefinger's Plan


Lucia Targaryen
 Share

Recommended Posts

So right now Littlefinger's plan is to marry Sansa to Harry in order to retake Winterfell with the Vale army but there are more than a few problems. 

The most obvious is Sansa's marriage to Tyrion. Since the marriage wasn't consummated an annulment could be granted but GRRM specifically said that Sansa herself would need to apply the High Septon for one (https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Minisa_Tully_and_Sansa/).

I doubt that Sansa is going back to King's Landing and even if Littlefinger were to send some of his agents to the High Sparrow, Sansa has been accused of regicide. You'd think the HS would want to try Sansa for that. 

Tyrion hasn't been seen in months so maybe Littlefinger will try to declare him dead? That would avoid any need for the Faith.

Next is Cersei. When word of Sansa's survival gets out she's going to go on the warpath, even with everything falling apart around her.

Next, what title is Littlefinger planning on using? Does he plan on naming Sansa as just the Lady of Winterfell or Queen in the North? Robb had been declared King of the North and the Riverlands and the Vale had once been an independent kingdom. Vain young Harry certainly wouldn't be averse to being called King Harrold. When Baelish mentioned three queens many assumed that he was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Daenerys but Dany is still half a world away. Could he have been referring to Sansa?

Lastly, is invading the North even a good idea with winter about to set in? With the North freezing over, the population decline due to the war and the lack of food it's not exactly worth much right now. Same for the burned out Riverlands if Littlefinger is planning on using Sansa's claim to Riverrun in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lucia Targaryen said:

So right now Littlefinger's plan is to marry Sansa to Harry in order to retake Winterfell with the Vale army but there are more than a few problems. 

The most obvious is Sansa's marriage to Tyrion. Since the marriage wasn't consummated an annulment could be granted but GRRM specifically said that Sansa herself would need to apply the High Septon for one (https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Minisa_Tully_and_Sansa/).

I doubt that Sansa is going back to King's Landing and even if Littlefinger were to send some of his agents to the High Sparrow, Sansa has been accused of regicide. You'd think the HS would want to try Sansa for that. 

Tyrion hasn't been seen in months so maybe Littlefinger will try to declare him dead? That would avoid any need for the Faith.

Next is Cersei. When word of Sansa's survival gets out she's going to go on the warpath, even with everything falling apart around her.

Next, what title is Littlefinger planning on using? Does he plan on naming Sansa as just the Lady of Winterfell or Queen in the North? Robb had been declared King of the North and the Riverlands and the Vale had once been an independent kingdom. Vain young Harry certainly wouldn't be averse to being called King Harrold. When Baelish mentioned three queens many assumed that he was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Daenerys but Dany is still half a world away. Could he have been referring to Sansa?

Lastly, is invading the North even a good idea with winter about to set in? With the North freezing over, the population decline due to the war and the lack of food it's not exactly worth much right now. Same for the burned out Riverlands if Littlefinger is planning on using Sansa's claim to Riverrun in the future. 

Whatever Littlefinger's plans are, I doubt that they are exactly what he says they are.  I suspect he is going to wait until Cersei is out of power before making any obvious moves with Sansa.  I also believe that, ultimately, he wants Sansa, both body and soul, for himself. 

I think one possibility is that he is planning to marry Sansa to Harry, and when she gets an heir on him, arrange the deaths of both Harry and Robert Arryn,, thus making Sansa's child the ruler of the Vale.  Then he marries Sansa, making himself effective regent of the Vale.  However, because this plan is somewhat obvious (at least to readers), I have doubts.  Sansa sure as hell wouldn't go along with it,, and I have serious doubts as to whether she will marry Harry at all, or is even interested in doing so.  If she wants to, she can probably drag her feet on applying for an annulment if she doesn't like the idea of remarriage.  By the way, an annulment can also be granted by a "council of the faith", whatever that is (probably whatever GRRM wants it to be for story purposes).

I am almost certain that Sansa and Littlefinger will have a falling out, and Sansa will use what she has learned from him about political manipulation to arrange his downfall and probably his demise.

Edited by Nevets
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot where I read this, but I like the idea of Harry marrying not Sansa, but Alayne Baelish, if she's legitimized she would be the heir to the Riverlands and Harrenhall (her grandmothers castle), and Harrenhall seems of great importance both to the story and Littlefinger. Then The Vale would invade the Riverlands instead of The North. Then all Sansa needs to do is wash her hair, wed Littlefinger and claim The North, but that's way down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

I forgot where I read this, but I like the idea of Harry marrying not Sansa, but Alayne Baelish, if she's legitimized she would be the heir to the Riverlands and Harrenhall (her grandmothers castle), and Harrenhall seems of great importance both to the story and Littlefinger. Then The Vale would invade the Riverlands instead of The North. Then all Sansa needs to do is wash her hair, wed Littlefinger and claim The North, but that's way down the road.

Littlefinger was named the Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands by the Lannisters. Besides there is still a living Whent - Wynafrei Whent married to a Frey. So the Freys could potentially try to claim Harrenhal. And even Littlefinger thinks Harrenhal is cursed.

The Riverlands are worthless right now. It's been severely depopulated, the fields were burned and it's full of bandits. Not to mention unstable with the riverlords waiting for an excuse to start fighting the Freys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect Harry the Heir is not long for this world. I suspect Sansa is destined to remain a maid - embodiment of The Maiden - all her life.

Spoiler

It would not surprise me at all if Harry dies in the upcoming tournament planned for the Gates of the Moon. 

We have two good example of spouse collectors in Westeros: Walder Frey and (in the Dunk & Egg stories) Rohanne Webber. I may be wrong but I feel that the convoluted story of Harry's relationship to House Arryn is similar to the spouse-collection stories of Walder and Rohanne. The marriages are strategies for gaining power through alliances and production of heirs with other noble houses. Harry grows up as an heir who benefits from the convenient deaths of other heirs. It's more passive and (apparently) based on random luck than negotiating betrothals, but I think the literary device is similar: Harry is collecting power as each relative dies or fails to produce an heir. We may see something similar in the rise of Aegon the Unlikely. (Although I suspect Bloodraven caused the Great Spring Sickness that cleared out several Targaryen heirs. Maybe Littlefinger is similar to Bloodraven in Harry's story arc.)

We have been told that Rohanne Webber will eventually marry a Lannister and become a matriarch of that family line. At the end of The Sworn Sword, however, the story ends with Dunk cutting her long hair and Egg riding away on a horse he accepted from her as a gift. (She offered a horse to Dunk but he declines, saying the horse is too good for him. She said the horse could be named "Amends," which may be wordplay on "Daemon," the name of Dunk's probable father, Daemon Blackfyre.) Just before the story's climax, she tried on the signet ring that belongs to Egg and told Dunk that she would like to be a friend to the dragon.

I'm still a little shaky on the details but I think Rohanne is an allegorical figure - Is she the personification of the Redgrass field? Or another "kissed by fire" woman? - who has to be "captured" by Dunk & Egg in order to advance the stability and continuity of the Targaryen dynasty. When they free Rohanne (and Ser Eustace) of the curses that had divided their Houses (represented by the death of Ser Lucas and the departure of Ser Bennis), Dunk & Egg somehow acquire a measure of the mojo that Rohanne has stockpiled through her marriages. The braid (hair = heir) and the gift horse represent the things that House Targaryen needed to carry away from that situation. (Dunk is also wearing the Osgrey cloak given to him by Ser Eustace.) 

My spidey sense (heh - House Webber - spidey sense) is telling me that something similar is afoot with Harry the Heir. Part of his personal coat of arms is the red and white diamonds of House Hardyng. I have found that diamonds seem to represent dragon teeth in ASOIAF. His sigil also includes a broken wheel, which may represent the breaking of a cycle or of a repeated pattern in history. In addition to these symbols, he may carry the symbolism of all those aunts and cousins who also died, allowing potential power to be concentrated in him as the sole heir. 

Keep in mind that Humphrey Hardyng (who carried complicated symbolism) died in The Hedge Knight as part of Dunk's Trial of Seven. 

If Rohanne's role in the Dunk & Egg stories can be taken as a model, I suspect Sansa will need only to win Harry's affection - maybe he will name her as Queen of Love and Beauty before the dies. He may not have to die: maybe he will go along with the secret betrothal to Sansa but then run off with Saffron (mother of his second love child) or another woman. I just don't see any kind of consummated relationship or even an official betrothal between Harry and Sansa. He's not that kind of character. 

In fact, Harry the Heir might be closer to the role played by Wendell Webber, cousin of Rohanne and the named successor to Coldmoat and the family title if Rohanne fails to marry according to her father's deadline. Rohanne might be more comparable to Robert "Sweetrobin" Arryn who is the real heir to the Eyrie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Seams said:

Sansa is destined to remain a maid - embodiment of The Maiden

Expertly done. I have a thought that’s most likely wrong. I can’t shake a suspicion as to the virginity of Sansa. Her reaction to the Hounds kiss appears like one of a traumatic event. Rape by a cruel mouth. Boobs getting bigger etc. Did Sansa have tea with old lady wheelwright?  I forget her name at the moment. Bah I should organize my thoughts before posting.

I very much would love a discussion of a possible “Virginia Queen” but that may bellow the dvst cover of the book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

Littlefinger was named the Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands by the Lannisters.

Yes, and the Lannisters are still in power

 

Quote

Besides there is still a living Whent - Wynafrei Whent married to a Frey. So the Freys could potentially try to claim Harrenhal.

Didn't remember that, still, the Freys won't go against the crown. 

 

Quote

And even Littlefinger thinks Harrenhal is cursed.

LIttlefinger lies. Also, if he thought it worthless, why did he asked for it? Why did Tyrion see hunger in his eyes when he promised HH to him? Why did he reward his own man for doing his job with the castle?

 

Quote

The Riverlands are worthless right now. It's been severely depopulated, the fields were burned and it's full of bandits. Not to mention unstable with the riverlords waiting for an excuse to start fighting the Freys.

Yeah, but LF is playing the long game, and the North is even more worthless than the Riverlands, it's being claimed by Stannis and Bolton, is filled with people LF has no reason to view in better light than bandits (the Freefolk, he might even think them worse than bandits) is being attacked by the Ironborn and it's Winter, and savage storms are blowing. Not to mention the fact that Jaime thinks some crops could be harvested in the Riverlands, a thing that clearly can't happen in the North.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

Tyrion hasn't been seen in months so maybe Littlefinger will try to declare him dead? That would avoid any need for the Faith.

Thatd be the easiest, its what Sansa currently thinks. But like most things, Cersei screws it up. What Littlefinger declares is as useless as his declerant lords, while Tyrions manhunt is under way.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

Next is Cersei. When word of Sansa's survival gets out she's going to go on the warpath, even with everything falling apart around her.

This I think is a large part of the plan, cause the lion in KL to wild out without Tywin or Tyrion there to think stuff out clearly.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

Next, what title is Littlefinger planning on using? Does he plan on naming Sansa as just the Lady of Winterfell or Queen in the North? Robb had been declared King of the North and the Riverlands and the Vale had once been an independent kingdom. Vain young Harry certainly wouldn't be averse to being called King Harrold. When Baelish mentioned three queens many assumed that he was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Daenerys but Dany is still half a world away. Could he have been referring to Sansa?

Obviously. And as pissed off Cersei is likely to manifest that leaves 1 open space. Margery is an obvious one, Dany more so. Some throw Arianna around, cuz why the fuck not. But I have a different queen in mind. Queen Jeyne. No, not that queen jeyne, whos pregnant and hiding from Jaime (jk) but the other Jeyne that Pete knows so well...

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

Lastly, is invading the North even a good idea with winter about to set in? 

Its beyond being questioned for a good idea or bad one, Sansa must save Arya. If Buckets will war for Neds little girl what would Joffreys ex fiancee do when she hears of Ramsay and her sister? Not that she particularly likes her sister, but she really dislikes Boltons and Freys. You know who she did like though, Queen Jeyne.

Its difficult to see a scenario where Jeynes not predominant. She is the lady of winterfell, she can command Bolton defectors along with Stannis' northern army and possibly ironborn rebels. And she is (like the other Queen Jeyne lol) most likely pregnant. Sansa on the other hand is disinherited from Robbs crown and an all around traitor and turncloak. Plus a fraud, (whos Alayne?) but since we're talking about Jeyne, whos not? 

But Sansa doesnt know Jeynes a fraud, unlike Petyr. (And Tyrion, Jaime, Theon, Brienne, etc lol) This is Petyrs plan, have the Starks destroy themselves inside their icy hell that tortured Petyr his whole life

13 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

LIttlefinger lies. Also, if he thought it worthless, why did he asked for it? Why did Tyrion see hunger in his eyes when he promised HH to him? Why did he reward his own man for doing his job with the castle?

Cersei gave Janos HH. Petyr suggested it because it was vacant, and also probably because he knows Tywin would never accept that.

Petyr wanted HH for himself so he can rise to the level of lord. He wanted the title so him and Lysa can wed and he could take command of the knights of the vale, the ones who conquered Westeros 20 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Cersei gave Janos HH.

Based on LF's recommendation.

 

Quote

Petyr suggested it because it was vacant,

It wasn't vacant tho, it still had ruling lords, lords that are less likely to yield if they know they already lost their lands, it makes little sense to choose that castle.

 

4 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Petyr wanted HH for himself so he can rise to the level of lord.

He could've chosen to command the Riverlands from Riverrun, the regular place for ruling the Riverlands, that's also not cursed, he spend his childhood in and would feel like a great 'fuck you' towards Hoster thinking him not higborn enough to wed his daughter. It's also a far cheaper castle to keep. But he asked for Harrenhall instead.

 

Quote

He wanted the title so him and Lysa can wed and he could take command of the knights of the vale, the ones who conquered Westeros 20 years ago.

They could've wed anyway, Lysa is a grown ass woman, who's gonna prevent it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

He could've chosen to command the Riverlands from Riverrun, the regular place for ruling the Riverlands, that's also not cursed, he spend his childhood in and would feel like a great 'fuck you' towards Hoster thinking him not higborn enough to wed his daughter. It's also a far cheaper castle to keep. But he asked for Harrenhall instead.

They could've wed anyway, Lysa is a grown ass woman, who's gonna prevent it?

Riverrun was still under ownership of Tully in the kingdom of the north. Harrenhal was a ruin, easier to part with and seemingly less likely to make Littlefinger that much greater a threat. It was also a nice middle finger to Tyrion.

And no they could not have just wed anyways. no more so than Duncan the small and Jenny, Duncan the tall and lady webber, or Dany and Dario. the lords declaring could prevent it, as they tried when little finger took over the vale. there would be major political and social ramifications to marrying someone of far lower birth. But As a great lord, even just a great lord on paper, the match is something even the iron throne can approve of (or at least cannot easily object too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lucia Targaryen said:

So right now Littlefinger's plan is to marry Sansa to Harry in order to retake Winterfell with the Vale army but there are more than a few problems. 

The most obvious is Sansa's marriage to Tyrion. Since the marriage wasn't consummated an annulment could be granted but GRRM specifically said that Sansa herself would need to apply the High Septon for one (https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Minisa_Tully_and_Sansa/).

I doubt that Sansa is going back to King's Landing and even if Littlefinger were to send some of his agents to the High Sparrow, Sansa has been accused of regicide. You'd think the HS would want to try Sansa for that. 

Tyrion hasn't been seen in months so maybe Littlefinger will try to declare him dead? That would avoid any need for the Faith.

Next is Cersei. When word of Sansa's survival gets out she's going to go on the warpath, even with everything falling apart around her.

Next, what title is Littlefinger planning on using? Does he plan on naming Sansa as just the Lady of Winterfell or Queen in the North? Robb had been declared King of the North and the Riverlands and the Vale had once been an independent kingdom. Vain young Harry certainly wouldn't be averse to being called King Harrold. When Baelish mentioned three queens many assumed that he was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Daenerys but Dany is still half a world away. Could he have been referring to Sansa?

Lastly, is invading the North even a good idea with winter about to set in? With the North freezing over, the population decline due to the war and the lack of food it's not exactly worth much right now. Same for the burned out Riverlands if Littlefinger is planning on using Sansa's claim to Riverrun in the future. 

Sansa is just a puppet to LF. The technicalities of her marriage to Tyrion is not a hindrance to his plan. All the moves he makes are engineered to cause chaos and anarchy. The smallfolk will turn against the great houses but will still look for a leader. LF means to ride the wave of chaos to power.

Sansa’s marriage to Harry will push the Vale to war. The Seven Kingdoms will continue to crack. He doesn’t intend for Sansa to rule anything. She’s a tool to sow more chaos. He’s done it before. He played Cat against the Lannisters. Sansa is the next Cat in his bag of tools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

Petyr asked for Harrenhal? When?

 Behind closed doors in acok. I doubt he asked for it, but he probably put the idea in Tywins mind

29 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

It wasn't vacant tho, it still had ruling lords, lords that are less likely to yield if they know they already lost their lands, it makes little sense to choose that castle.

Didnt Whent lose HH in the beginning of War'o5?

30 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

He could've chosen to command the Riverlands from Riverrun, the regular place for ruling the Riverlands, that's also not cursed, he spend his childhood in and would feel like a great 'fuck you' towards Hoster thinking him not higborn enough to wed his daughter. It's also a far cheaper castle to keep. But he asked for Harrenhall instead.

No one wants HH, Riverrun on the other hand will be a constant battleground with its Tully relatives. 

Also its not vacant

32 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

They could've wed anyway, Lysa is a grown ass woman, who's gonna prevent it?

Yes but then he cant take command of the knights.

The lords of the vale are pompous assholes who were at an impass on how to proceed with Lord Robert and his momma. But giving all power to some civil servant is beyond questioning. As it is, the lord of HH has to compete with the declerant over power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Riverrun was still under ownership of Tully in the kingdom of the north. Harrenhal was a ruin, easier to part with

3 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Didnt Whent lose HH in the beginning of War'o5?

Also its not vacant

 

Harrenhall was still claimed by the North, and IIRC, under Bolton's control at the time. In order for LF to take control of HH, the North should be defeated, so either way LF would need to wait till the North was defeated to take his prize.

 

3 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

and seemingly less likely to make Littlefinger that much greater a threat. It was also a nice middle finger to Tyrion.

Why? he would still be the lord of the RIverlands.

 

3 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Behind closed doors in acok. I doubt he asked for it, but he probably put the idea in Tywins mind

I think he did, after the Battle of the Blackwater, in Tyrion III, Tywin rewards people who helped by granting them what they ask for, Tyrell asks for Florent's lands, Redwyne ask for a remission in taxes, and so on, it makes sense for LF to ask for HH at this time, after all, he brokered the deal that won the battle.

 

Quote

No one wants HH, Riverrun on the other hand will be a constant battleground with its Tully relatives. 

The Whents likely want it, and seemingly so does Tywin, and again, for LF to claim any reward, the Tulys and Starks must be defeated, so he would have no one to battle with, like it is now, with only two living Tullys, an aging single man and a prisoner of war.

 

3 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yes but then he cant take command of the knights.

The lords of the vale are pompous assholes who were at an impass on how to proceed with Lord Robert and his momma. But giving all power to some civil servant is beyond questioning. As it is, the lord of HH has to compete with the declerant over power

3 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

And no they could not have just wed anyways. no more so than Duncan the small and Jenny, Duncan the tall and lady webber, or Dany and Dario. the lords declaring could prevent it, as they tried when little finger took over the vale. there would be major political and social ramifications to marrying someone of far lower birth. But As a great lord, even just a great lord on paper, the match is something even the iron throne can approve of (or at least cannot easily object too)

 

I'll give you this point, tho he would;ve still asked for Riverrun, Derrry or whatever and wed Lysa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CamiloRP yeah your right. Harrenhall was not the necessary thing as much as the lordship. Still cat was alive at the time so maybe he had no desire to outright claim the seat them. and with Robert Arryn or Lysa he could eventually claim the seat in one of their names, provided they lived long enough. Really I think he just wanted to take it to spite Tyrion. though I would argue that Harrenhall is too difficult to garrison or really run. Petyr doesn't really have to attend to it or worry if something happens to it while he is away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petyr wants to destroy the establishment in order to build a new order.  He suffered humiliation at the hands of the Tullys and Starks.  He was not considered good enough for Tully's daughters.  Brandon almost killed him in combat.  What he wants is a Westeros without those families.  Social structure caps how far people can rise.  Petyr rose to his wealth and position through his own skills.  A Westeros where people are rewarded based on merit would suit him.  Sansa, Robin, and Harry are pawns in his game.  They are part of the social class which he wants to remove.  Would you be surprised if Petyr turns out to be an unconventional hero who wants to open the doors of opportunity for everyone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Harrenhall was still claimed by the North, and IIRC, under Bolton's control at the time. In order for LF to take control of HH, the North should be defeated, so either way LF would need to wait till the North was defeated to take his prize

Petyr had nor has zero interest in taking his prize. The only thing useful about HH is the lease

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I think he did, after the Battle of the Blackwater, in Tyrion III, Tywin rewards people who helped by granting them what they ask for, Tyrell asks for Florent's lands, Redwyne ask for a remission in taxes, and so on, it makes sense for LF to ask for HH at this time, after all, he brokered the deal that won the battle.

He gets it an acok. Sansas all like "wtf"?

Thats why I think Sansa will be a hard enemy on Roose, knowing Bolton only got Winterfell though backdoor shenanigans 

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

The Whents likely want it,

Shes dead.

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

and seemingly so does Tywin

Then why did he give it to a goat?

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

for LF to claim any reward, the Tulys and Starks must be defeated, so he would have no one to battle with, like it is now, with only two living Tullys, an aging single man and a prisoner of war.

He has no interest in occupying it, just claiming it from afar.

12 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I'll give you this point, tho he would;ve still asked for Riverrun, Derrry or whatever and wed Lysa.

Riverrun yea. Derry probably not. Lysas not just any lady but a high lady. One of the noblest out. A minor lord like Derry might as well be a smallfolk when it comes to Lysas hand. (Her ex was the hand)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Petyr had nor has zero interest in taking his prize. The only thing useful about HH is the lease

So you say, but I disagree, is what we are discussing...

 

Quote

He gets it an acok. Sansas all like "wtf"?

He still gets it after the battle, everyone asks for their prices, why not Baelish?

 

Quote

Shes dead.

Still alive when LF gets HH tho.

 

Quote

He has no interest in occupying it, just claiming it from afar.

Why tho? I get using it wed Lysa, but he could've had that and a castle he actually wanted...

 

Quote

Riverrun yea.

Then why not? It's already recognized as the castle of the Lord of the Riverlands. It's cheaper to keep, really hard to sotrm/take, not cursed, is the castle where he grew up and it's a great way to give the middle finger to Hoster. He could also claim legitimacy to it by marrying Lysa, like Tywin loves to do.

 

Quote

Derry probably not. Lysas not just any lady but a high lady. One of the noblest out. A minor lord like Derry might as well be a smallfolk when it comes to Lysas hand. (Her ex was the hand)

It was a random example and LF could still be the LP of the RIverlands from Derry. Tho your later statement is false, Great Lords usually marry smaller Lords, and Lysa is a widow with known fertility issues, besides being the mother of the LP of the Vale, she has little to offer, one could claim that LF is marrying down when he weds her (OC, you'd have to ignore how Westerosi feel about upjumped houses)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also think that Sansa is more of a "sideproject" for LF. He always had a crush on Cat and now she`s gone he`s trying his luck on Cat 2.0.

I don´t think she´s heavily tied into his political schemes (whatever they may be). Frankly having Sansa as a pawn isn´t worth that much for many reasons: her beeing a girl and supposed kingslayer, her marriage to Tyrion, the general state of the north after the lost war and winter upcoming.....

I think it´s just LFs little black hart getting a say for once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

So you say, but I disagree, is what we are discussing...

Hes certainly shown no interest in setting foot in HH throughout the entire story

25 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

He still gets it after the battle, everyone asks for their prices, why not Baelish?

Its a reach. Petyr tells Tyrion and Cersei that he'll bring Tyrell within the fold and will think of a reward later. So maybe he gets some Tyrell coffee boy to tell Cersei his prize and she coordinates it with Tywin.

Maybe he just asked Tywin though, whatever

32 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Still alive when LF gets HH tho

Oh. Well shes a homeless rebel and a weak one at that. Not nearly the pull that Tully has

34 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Why tho? I get using it wed Lysa, but he could've had that and a castle he actually wanted...

He doesnt want any castle. Petes not playing your grandfathers game of thrones, with colorful knights and ugly fortresses. Hes the mocking bird and has no interest in bunkering down in some siege 

41 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Then why not? It's already recognized as the castle of the Lord of the Riverlands. It's cheaper to keep, really hard to sotrm/take, not cursed, is the castle where he grew up and it's a great way to give the middle finger to Hoster. He could also claim legitimacy to it by marrying Lysa, like Tywin loves to do.

HH brings those things too and can theoretically be occupied, unlike the center of resistance of Riverrun. 

The fuck you to Hosters kinda funny but petty as hell and as the old mans about to die its kinda silly.

50 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

not cursed

lol. Curses aren't real man

51 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

It was a random example and LF could still be the LP of the RIverlands from Derry.

Theoretically I guess. Idk, Derrys mad small and weak. HH is the seat of kings, the greatest fortress known to man, specifically designed to keep the Riverlords at bay.

55 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Tho your later statement is false, Great Lords usually marry smaller Lords, and Lysa is a widow with known fertility issues, besides being the mother of the LP of the Vale, she has little to offer, one could claim that LF is marrying down when he weds her (OC, you'd have to ignore how Westerosi feel about upjumped houses)

Lysa, Id say is third most enticing bachelorette in the world, preceded by Sansa and Dany. Petyr did not marry down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...