Stranger Things: Too Old For This

SpaceChampion

I don't think there is an active Stranger Things thread, so establishing this new one.

(Hopper needs a cop partner to whom he'll say "I'm too old for this shit!")

Latest sneak peek:

And there is an hour and 40 minutes of a scripted podcast called Rebel Robin released recently, about Robin growing up in Hawkins during highschool.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I really need to finish S3. Started it but my wife decided it was stupid, shit and too samey so we moved on. 

Season 3 was better than Season 2 but not a patch on Season 1.

I'd be more optimistic if Season 4 was the last one, which was apparently the original plan, but it now sounds like they're going to do a fifth season or maybe a few TV movies to round things off afterwards.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Season 3 was better than Season 2 but not a patch on Season 1.

I'd be more optimistic if Season 4 was the last one, which was apparently the original plan, but it now sounds like they're going to do a fifth season or maybe a few TV movies to round things off afterwards.

I had thought 5 was the original plan.  Well original as in the they were saying it prior to Season 3.

A movie or two might be better in the end...what with the usual issues of starting a show with a group of kids in their very early teens, but then taking 5 or more years to tell a couple years of story...

That being said, my ten year old daughter cannot wait for more Eleven...

If it was just me I'd have stopped watching this one after season 3. Season 3 was fun but ridiculously over the top. However my kids love this one so we'll be renewing our Netflix subscription the second this one is available. Looking forward to the family viewing time.

Somewhat unrelated it was nice to see Hopper in Black Widow. We felt we were watching the same character being imprisoned in Siberia.

I really hope Steve is better in season 4. Obv he was a horrible person in s1. I'm so glad he's not that person any more but he's really lost his mojo. I mean the guy was meant to be good with girls and drove nice cars, but was a bit if a loser in s3. I really hope that's not the case any more. 

• 1 month later...

Season 3 made me lose pretty much all interest in the show. I can accept demons from alternate dimensions, but when you ask me to accept the presence of what seems to be a Soviet infantry battalion in a high-tech base on US soil in the middle of Cold War, that's where my suspension of disbelief shatters and disappears forever.

1 hour ago, Gorn said:

Season 3 made me lose pretty much all interest in the show. I can accept demons from alternate dimensions, but when you ask me to accept the presence of what seems to be a Soviet infantry battalion in a high-tech base on US soil in the middle of Cold War, that's where my suspension of disbelief shatters and disappears forever.

Yeah, a lot of Season 3 was very, very silly and didn't come together, especially everything to do with the Soviets. Hopper and Joyce's constant yelling and bickering was very hard to watch too.

I'm still interested in Season 4, though. Steve is always a fun time.

5 hours ago, aceluby said:

My wife will definitely want to watch this, so I'll probably get my switch out and continue playing some Witcher 3.

My wife? Maybe. My 10 year old daughter who is a total Eleven Stan? Totally wstching. Whether it sucks or not, we're watching this and Eleven is awesome. Period. End of story.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, aceluby said:

Oh god, please let there be a guitar shredding big bad.  LOL, wtf was that?

Spoiler

I think that's Eddie, a new character -- you see him posing over an AD&D DM screen earlier. I'm guessing he's trying to create a distraction or something by shredding. 

Theory:

Spoiler

The Mind Flayer-in-the-flesh is Brenner or perhaps something shaped out of Billy after the Mind Flayer's possession of him last season. I'm leaning towards Billy just because of the way that they have the shot of Max running and it stands behind her watching her go. And also all those tentacles are similar to the way Billy died.

3 minutes ago, Ran said:
  Hide contents

I think that's Eddie, a new character -- you see him posing over an AD&D DM screen earlier. I'm guessing he's trying to create a distraction or something by shredding. 

Theory:

Reveal hidden contents

The Mind Flayer-in-the-flesh is Brenner or perhaps something shaped out of Billy after the Mind Flayer's possession of him last season. I'm leaning towards Billy just because of the way that they have the shot of Max running and it stands behind her watching her go. And also all those tentacles are similar to the way Billy died.

Spoiler

Agreed re Billy - the trailer has Max at his gravestone, so we're obviously not meant to forget about him just yet. 

Archived