Stranger Things: Too Old For This

SpaceChampion

The bullying of Eleven was hard to watch. I thought the skate routine culminating in the milk shake thing was a little over the top. That's like a lot of effort to go through to torment a special needs kid whose dad you know died. The roller skate victim seems more one dimensional so far than season one Steve or season two Billy or even the bully from season one. I'd love to see him again. Kid straight up tried to have Mike kill himself while holding a knife to Dustin. He should still be out there being a sociopath, I'd think.

15 hours ago, ljkeane said:

They should have had a time jump before this season. There's nothing about it that couldn't have taken place about two years down the line rather than the six months they've gone with and the young actors are starting to look a bit dubious for the ages they're supposed to be.

I think most of them are okay (Max's actor is now in her 20s but I think convincingly passes for 16). It's only really Lucas and Mike who look a lot lot older than their supposed ages, although Will is starting to get there.

12 hours ago, Werthead said:

I think most of them are okay (Max's actor is now in her 20s but I think convincingly passes for 16). It's only really Lucas and Mike who look a lot lot older than their supposed ages, although Will is starting to get there.

I think they are all okay, they pass for high schoolers. It’s the older “teens” who are a problem. I don’t think anybody other than Robin passes for an 18-9 year old. Nancy is a stretch, but such outfits and heavy makeup naturally make someone look older so okay-ish. Jonathan, Steve, Eddie, Billy all clearly look late twenties. Erica doesn’t pass for a 10-year-old either.

Damn I wish I still had my old lite-bright so I could put a grid of LEDs behind it and have it spell out pre-programmed messages. That would actually be really easy to do with an arduino and FastLED.

S3 power couple.

You know, I was watching this show and I had this weird feeling that I had-and-hadn't seen Robin somewhere before. She was strangely familiar and new at the same time.

It turns out I was right. Maya Hawke is the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman. She's literally like one of those composite images of "if so-and-so and so-and-so had a baby". She even inherited some of their mannerisms. It's uncanny.

Awesome new trailer. I don't think I posted here after I finished volume I, but I've loved this season so far - definitely my favourite since season 1. Out of all the things they did right, probably the best was quarantining all the worst characters (Jonathan, Mike, Will) in their own irrelevant plotline that I could basically ignore. Just about everything else was great, especially the Hawkins plotlines. I even got into Hopper again as a character after coming to hate him and Joyce in season 3.

I thought the twist at the end of the last episode was cool and I'm excited to see how it plays out.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Nice to see they're leaning into "Running Up That Hill".  

Quite right, too. She's reportedly earning a fortune from royalties, perhaps as much as £500k per week. So I'm really pleased for her. She is basically the female Bowie, an unbelievably gifted artist. And her back catalogue... Oh. My. God.

So many kids about to have their minds blown.

8 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Speculation on who is going to die

Spoiler

To me it looks like Nancy is going to die.  She's facing Vecna in the Hawkins Lab.  Later, Will and Jonathan are crying.  It looks more like Will is comforting Jonathan than the reverse, but if the latter then it could be Mike dies, and Nancy is the misdirect.  Mike isn't in the trailer at all as far as I can tell.

Mike's a likely choice to die because that would break Eleven, giving Vecna access to her despair to use against her.

52 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Speculation on who is going to die

Hide contents

To me it looks like Nancy is going to die.  She's facing Vecna in the Hawkins Lab.  Later, Will and Jonathan are crying.  It looks more like Will is comforting Jonathan than the reverse, but if the latter then it could be Mike dies, and Nancy is the misdirect.  Mike isn't in the trailer at all as far as I can tell.

Mike's a likely choice to die because that would break Eleven, giving Vecna access to her despair to use against her.

Spoiler

I'm pretty confident sadly that Steve will die either with Nancy or sacrificing himself so that Nancy can get away. I fucking love Steve.

Is Vecna the top guy, or is it the Mind Flayer...?  I've always thought of seasons as leveling up, in terms of who the bad guy is supposed to be...

Spoiler

I also don't think anyone dies...regardless of the trailer speculation...

Archived