Favorite Quotes

chrisjordan0282

"I'm sorry I shot Steve Lake."

"They felt silenced. And they wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine by uploading J.J.'s body (of "work") into yours."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Not by any means a corrections of the original work, I mean my god can you imagine that kinda hubris? Different people might make different choices though when it's between them and their page. Historical, digital, or physical." - Me 

42 minutes ago, maarsen said:

kd Lang does a great version too. Of course she has the most amazing voice. 

I've rarely heard a bad rendition of it from anyone that can sing. Just speaks to the power of the song itself. Cohen doesn't have the greatest voice, but to me the pain in it just makes that version so much more powerful.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams"

-- Dr. Seuss

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

-- Mae West

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

-- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"We accept the love we think we deserve"

-- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:04 PM, LongRider said:

Love Cohen's Closing Time, and the video for it is good too.     

The video was filmed in a bar four blocks from my house. Someone bought the place and renovated it as a small concert venue and the neighbours fought tooth and nail to prevent it from opening. It’s supposed to become a spa instead, though it hasn't opened yet, years later. I’m in a bar having some chicken wings and a beer for dinner, a block and a half away, I’ll take a look when I drive past.

eta: still looking ready to open up, still with the windows covered with film or plastic or something. The name of the place is The Matador Club, and the old, faded sign is still hanging there. I hope the owner has deep pockets (must have!) and is still trying to reopen as a music venue/bar.

Imagine, the neighbours all cheesed off over noise and drunks taking their dickies out and pissing on their lawns or against their walls in the alleyway. The cross street 30 feet away is full of restaurants and bars and the drunks come staggering out of those places too.

Edited by Fragile Bird