What If? (Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

13 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Easily the best episode so far. It really works having a different timeline break off in a week where we already knew three films worth of stuff happened. Although, I guess the point of divergence here would’ve been Hope being hired by SHIELD? Really cool though seeing the beeper and the Pyms retroactively added to older MCU stuff. I wanted it to carry on, I wanna see Captains v Loki v Whoever Thanos got to invade Earth instead of Loki in Avengers.

I didn’t spoiler tag but I’m thinking ‘spoilers’ in the title applies to the most recent episode? 

I have to admit, I really think this was the best episode as well. The ending in particular gave me a giant smile and I'm not even a huge fan of CM in the MCU. If anything this is a great way to use her character right, IMO.

22 hours ago, john said:

Featuring one of the most annoying techniques in film/tv where the about to be killed protagonist gives a difficult to decipher clue 

Reveal hidden contents

It’s all about hope rather than just shouting it’s Pym it’s fucking Pym

Also who knew Loki was such a badass at fighting an opponent that can take out all the avengers. He didn’t demonstrate it in his own show.

Yes that is the Loki I wanted to see.

17 hours ago, Denvek said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This episode makes me retroactively impressed about how cool Coulson was about meeting his crush in Avengers.

That was a pretty secure password to be fair, even if you knew Coulson’s obsessions.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Thor: Ragnarok still ruined the basic Asgardian soldier for me. (I assume Hela’s revived troops were at least that strong)

They can be killed by M16s, weapons we used in Vietnam. 

The one day to conquer Earth was just silly. 

Speaking of which, was that just a regular old arrow that got Thor? How did that happen?

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Speaking of which, was that just a regular old arrow that got Thor? How did that happen?

If I remember the first Thor movie correctly Odin took away Thor's powers before he was sent to Earth.

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

If I remember the first Thor movie correctly Odin took away Thor's powers before he was sent to Earth.

Fair enough, he certainly took out the whole team at the base easily enough … I’m not sure where his ‘inate Asgardian strength’ stops and his ‘powers’ begin I guess.

I mean, the easiest way to sum it up for non-comics stuff is that without his powers, Thor is as strong as a fairly strong Asgardian which is about as strong as Cap. With his powers, he's almost as strong as Hulk.

In neither form is he invulnerable, by the way, but he'd certainly have a much better chance of surviving being shot with his powers.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

In neither form is he invulnerable, by the way, but he'd certainly have a much better chance of surviving being shot with his powers.

That doesn't really jive with Thor in the movies. He basically is invulnerable to things other than someone else being more powerful than him. Now granted the movies (and comics) rely on shitty writing where he is as invulnerable as the story needs him to be so really could be anything.

10 hours ago, HokieStone said:

So in this past episode, I noticed at least two scenes with The Watcher hovering in the background...er...watching.  I don't remember that from the first two episodes.  Did I just completely miss it?

Noticed the same.  But it was so subtle I just assumed I might have missed it before. :dunno: 

11 hours ago, HokieStone said:

So in this past episode, I noticed at least two scenes with The Watcher hovering in the background...er...watching.  I don't remember that from the first two episodes.  Did I just completely miss it?

I noticed him watching Furry and Pym, right before the the climax. Where was the other one?

On 8/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Thor: Ragnarok still ruined the basic Asgardian soldier for me. (I assume Hela’s revived troops were at least that strong)

They can be killed by M16s, weapons we used in Vietnam. 

The one day to conquer Earth was just silly. 

Well I mean the Aliens in Avengers get beat by punches from a non super powered being so not sure why that sticks out to you. 

Archived