What If? (Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

11 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Well I mean the Aliens in Avengers get beat by punches from a non super powered being so not sure why that sticks out to you. 

Are you talking about Captain America vs. the Chitauri? Captain America is a Super Soldier. He had the serum.

But even if he didn't have the serum, alien doesn't mean stronger than human. If the assumption is humans are not special, then most of the species in the galaxy would be around the same baseline. Nothing says the average Chitauri isn't the same as the average human.

Asgardians are supposed to be stronger.

Or as Korg says,"Gotta watch out for those Asgardians man. They are hard to perish"

12 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Are you talking about Captain America vs. the Chitauri? Captain America is a Super Soldier. He had the serum.

But even if he didn't have the serum, alien doesn't mean stronger than human. If the assumption is humans are not special, then most of the species in the galaxy would be around the same baseline. Nothing says the average Chitauri isn't the same as the average human.

Asgardians are supposed to be stronger.

Or as Korg says,"Gotta watch out for those Asgardians man. They are hard to perish"

Black Widow.  Captain America has "powers". The implication is that these "Chitauri" would have conquered Earth if not for the Avengers.  This falls apart when you realize unpowered Black Widow punches these things out.  How the fuck are they going to conquer anything in such a situation?  What are they going to do vs missiles?  It is extremely stupid but that is Marvel.

7 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

No way is Black Widow un-enhanced; however much they may want to claim it, the things she is shown doing are simply not possible for even a peak human.

She’s no more enhanced than any regular action movie protagonist 

44 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

True, but she doesn't do really anything Jason Bourne, or Jack Bauer, or James Bond, does.

It's been a while since I've watched 24 but I don't think of Jack Bauer doing crazy hand to hand combat stuff.

I thought Agent Carter was going to reveal the Widows were enhanced slightly, but they didn't. I gather Black Widow didn't either. In my mind all these un-enhanced people are on stimulants and magical pain killers, at least.

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

True, but she doesn't do really anything Jason Bourne, or Jack Bauer, or James Bond, does.

I mean all 3 of those characters you mentioned are Gary Stu's, so why not, lol

I mean heck, me and my friends watched Die Hard 3 together a few weeks ago and made a drinking game out of every scene that should have killed John McLauglin. It was a rather fun night.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

It's been a while since I've watched 24 but I don't think of Jack Bauer doing crazy hand to hand combat stuff.

I thought Agent Carter was going to reveal the Widows were enhanced slightly, but they didn't. I gather Black Widow didn't either. In my mind all these un-enhanced people are on stimulants and magical pain killers, at least.

Maybe, but Jack Bauer survived stuff that wouldn't be possible without a healing factor.

29 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Maybe, but Jack Bauer survived stuff that wouldn't be possible without a healing factor.

Oh absolutely. He's also a master of disguise to the point that he can put on glasses and nobody recognizes him as the guy who saved the world five times.

Well that was kind of a downer.

We know from the trailers that Utau eventually recruits "oopsie I destroyed the world" Strange so I'm looking forward to that conversation.

"Hey remember when I told you to fuck off because I didn't interfere? Well I need you to come help me interfere. "

Pendulum swings to the other end with this one. Fascinating ending, in raw power terms probably the most powerful variant of the character we're going to get - ripe for recruitment & redemption.

Spoiler

And good to know Wong is awesome in every universe we've seen him in.

Very dark. I was expecting it to end with him choosing to sacrifice his hands and become our MCU Variant, which wouldn't be inline with the What If? premise. 

I was surprised that the Watcher spoke to Strange.

Much like last episode, they seem to ignore the actual ‘point’ at which this timeline diverged. It looked like that’d be a big deal with the way the first episode opened, but I guess not. So Christine and Stephen never separated, or was the crash earlier, when they were still together anyway? 

It’s an interesting series though, in that we can get world building for the MCU proper through alternate events. Nice to know they can completely annihilate a universe too, now we have no idea how any given episode will end.

Archived