What If? (Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s nice that they remembered that “What If” did the odd purely fun episode.  Was that Vision at the end or Ultron in Vision’s body?

I believe this will be explained in the next episode

Which seems to be "What if Ultron won and killed everyone but Natasha?" Then he goes in search of the other infinity stones and starts breaking the multiverse.  

On 9/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, RumHam said:

I believe this will be explained in the next episode

I keep seeing references to episode elements/variants being carried over to future episodes. Is this official or speculation?

So far, nothing has carried forward. 

3 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I keep seeing references to episode elements/variants being carried over to future episodes. Is this official or speculation?

My understanding is that

in the finale the Watcher will be recruting the heroes from the various realities (Captain Carter, Starlord T'Challa, Party Thor, et al) to fight against the Infinity Stones Ultron that showed up at the end of this episode

5 hours ago, Myrddin said:

There are shots in the trailers showing some kind team up. It's a bit of a shame the spoiled that before the show even started. Plus Utau's thing in the comics is that he never interferes...until he does. His conversation with Supreme Strange should be interesting. "hey you know how I said I couldn't interfere and left you to rot in a bubble at the end of your universe? Well now I need help interfering." 

I'm not sure if they're continuing any episodes next season, or if we're going to see brief conclusions to the assassination, zombies, and Killmonger episodes as characters are recruited.

Also I forgot before that there were three episodes left. So we might not get the explanation for Ultron next week. There's still an episode about a Gamora variant who wields Thanon's double sword.

14 hours ago, Kaligator said:

Yeah, this one was super fun. Not sure it'd work as anything longer, but it was super saccharine awesomeness. The kids adored it. 

I don't think that specific premise would work as a longer movie, but would love to see more of that version of Thor.  The more Hemsworth comedy we get, the better.  It's what he excels at.

With countries having giant labels and fighting it out in Monument Valley, for a moment I thought I was watching a WB cartoon. A much needed fun episode.

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Random thought: who the hell did Ultron sacrifice to get the soul stone? 

Depends on when he acquires it. If its after someone else has retrieved it from Vormir, then straight out robbery. If its still on Vormir then he only needs to convince a couple souls (one willing, one ignorant) to do his bidding.

Theories I've seen around the interwebs seem to agree that Ultron-Vision is not from party Thor's universe, hence the double take by The Watcher (and the likely decision he would need to make). What's not so clear is whether the infinity stones work across universes - going by what the Loki series promoted, they shouldn't. UV could just have them displayed for ornamental reasons when visiting other universes? 

10 minutes ago, ithanos said:

With countries having giant labels and fighting it out in Monument Valley, for a moment I thought I was watching a WB cartoon. A much needed fun episode.

Depends on when he acquires it. If its after someone else has retrieved it from Vormir, then straight out robbery. If its still on Vormir then he only needs to convince a couple souls (one willing, one ignorant) to do his bidding.

Theories I've seen around the interwebs seem to agree that Ultron-Vision is not from party Thor's universe, hence the double take by The Watcher (and the likely decision he would need to make). What's not so clear is whether the infinity stones work across universes - going by what the Loki series promoted, they shouldn't. UV could just have them displayed for ornamental reasons when visiting other universes? 

I thought the stones just didn't work in the TVA city, which I'm still betting is in the quantum realm even though I don't think they ever said that. 

Yeah I was surprised that some people thought Ultron was from Party Thor's universe. Too early! I wonder why Tony didn't show up at the party. 

Edit: I'm guessing the two people he would use would probably be Wanda and Peitro. 

Marvel's What If…? team reveals season 1 finale intel: There's 'a bigger plan'

Season 1 was originally meant to be 10 episodes, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic one of those episodes had to be pushed to season 2, and Bradley says the delayed episode helped balance the other, darker stories. "Our 10th episode was a more light, upbeat Tony Stark episode," she says. "I noticed on Twitter we're getting a lot of crap for killing Tony a lot. He has become the Kenny of the What If…? universe by accident."

I wish they'd leaned into that and made a point of killing him in the party thor episode.

One thing I thought of last week, but forgot to mention it while discussing the episode here...

How is Party Thor worthy of wielding Mjolnir?

I know we've often argued over what is considered a "worthy" warrior in the MCU; but no matter the definition... I'm pretty sure Party Thor is not it.  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

One thing I thought of last week, but forgot to mention it while discussing the episode here...

How is Party Thor worthy of wielding Mjolnir?

I know we've often argued over what is considered a "worthy" warrior in the MCU; but no matter the definition... I'm pretty sure Party Thor is not it.  :lol:

Well, the reason Odin took Mjolnir away in the first movie was because Thor tried to start a war with Jotunheim, but since Thor and Loki, Prince of Jotumheim, are best buds, then Thor never tried to pick a fight and Odin didn't have  a reason to take Mjolnir away. 

I never understood, Thor becomes worthy by attempting to sacrifice himself to save the people on earth. But a lot of characters do that over the course of the franchise. Tony does in Avengers with the nuke, but he can't lift the hammer in the next one. 

Also is Vision worthy? or are we going with the elevator explanation? Because if the hammer judged him worthier than everyone else but Thor his horrific actions in the zombies episode are especially odd. 

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I never understood, Thor becomes worthy by attempting to sacrifice himself to save the people on earth. But a lot of characters do that over the course of the franchise. Tony does in Avengers with the nuke, but he can't lift the hammer in the next one. 

Tony suuuuuucks

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Also is Vision worthy? or are we going with the elevator explanation? Because if the hammer judged him worthier than everyone else but Thor his horrific actions in the zombies episode are especially odd. 

Vision was worthy as of Avengers 2. Then he gets laid and no longer is worthy. Basic horror vibes, goes with the zombie thing

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Yea, the hammer thing never made sense to me either. Many of the other heroes do just as much heroic stuff as Thor and are not worthy and sure some of them have character flaws, but so does Thor himself.

Archived