What If? (Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

29 minutes ago, Leofric said:

If the TVA exists within the quantum realm of one universe, then potentially every universe has a location where the infinity stones have no power and the quantum realms could be refuges in every universe from Ultron and the Infinity stones.   Did Scott/Antman survive the snap because he was the part of the half Thanos picked to live, or because he was outside the reach of the infinity stones in the quantum realm when the snap occurred?

The implication of the branching timelines is that the branchings create the Multiverse.  But the Multiverse is supposed to be everything that exists.  If the TVA exists in every universe why didn’t Uatu (who has access to everything, everywhere, and everywhen) simply shift Ultron to one of the TVA zones?  Ultron would still be dangerous, but no longer unstoppable or unbeatable.

This missing peice seems… strange.

No clue on Scott.

42 minutes ago, Leofric said:

If the TVA exists within the quantum realm of one universe, then potentially every universe has a location where the infinity stones have no power and the quantum realms could be refuges in every universe from Ultron and the Infinity stones.   Did Scott/Antman survive the snap because he was the part of the half Thanos picked to live, or because he was outside the reach of the infinity stones in the quantum realm when the snap occurred?

Yea this makes sense to me, stones don’t have any power in the quantum realm, hence Scott survives, hence the draw full of duff stones in what is theorised to be in the quantum realm.

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If the TVA exists in every universe

It could exist outside of every universe, or in the quantum realm of one.

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

why didn’t Uatu (who has access to everything, everywhere, and everywhen)

Says who? We know he can see through the multiverse, but can see into the quantum realm? If he can, can he go there? And even then, can he take Ultron there? I don’t see what evidence we have to assume any of that.

It seems odd to say the multiverse is everything that exists when we already know something which doesn't- namely the watcher. 

There is no requirement that the tva exists in the multiverse, much less the quantum realm. There is no guarantee that the quantum realm exists in the multivsrses either, any more than where the watcher was is part of the multiverse. 

Also, I'm not sure that dropping ultron into a place that runs on computers and has access to every point in every timeline is quite the slam dunk solution to the problem that you think it is.

Oh yeah I meant to ask, what exactly happened with The Watcher? There's only one right? Cause last week he was watching Thor and then was like "oh what the hell is this robot?" but then this week he watched Ultron's origin story and had a separate moment of "oh shit this robot can traverse dimensions" 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Oh yeah I meant to ask, what exactly happened with The Watcher? There's only one right? Cause last week he was watching Thor and then was like "oh what the hell is this robot?" but then this week he watched Ultron's origin story and had a separate moment of "oh shit this robot can traverse dimensions" 

In the comics “the Watchers” are a species and Uatu is just one among them.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

In the comics “the Watchers” are a species and Uatu is just one among them.

Oh right, I knew that there were some of them in one of the guardians movies. But there's only one Uatu across the multiverse right? 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Maybe he's like Doctor Who and things happen to him out of order, sometimes, lol

I'd heard that the Loki series was written after this season's What If? So whether the Loki writers dovetailed the TVA in (or around) What If?'s handing of the Infinity Stone workings is yet to be fully explained - if ever.

Scott surviving the blip because he was safe in the quantum realm is a great thought, but we don't have any evidence that this is so, since he was an N of 1 and it could've just been random luck he survived. However, if he was in the one place where the infinity stones are inert, then I wonder how The Watcher could use that. Could the quantum virus that came out of the quantum realm have some immunity to infinity stone effects, and would the zombie universe be a useful staging place to confront Infinity Ultron - supported by Strange Supreme (raw power), Black Widow & Zemo (pied piper) and others from earlier episodes/universes? 

All good stuff to ponder before the season finale.

17 minutes ago, sifth said:

It was alright, but it felt a little lack luster, IMO

I partly agree. Felt the previous episode was better, and we already knew from the season trailers who was in the team. It was still an awesome finish to the season. The fight scenes throughout this series have been amazing, and they really ramped up the intensity for these last two episodes. Nice to see the Watcher playing the long game. Captain Carter - badass again. Great use of Strange Supreme, its probably the only kind of setting he can be allowed to let loose - galactic level threats. In any other neighbourhood fracas he's just too OP to be of any interest.

33 minutes ago, ithanos said:

I partly agree. Felt the previous episode was better, and we already knew from the season trailers who was in the team. It was still an awesome finish to the season. The fight scenes throughout this series have been amazing, and they really ramped up the intensity for these last two episodes. Nice to see the Watcher playing the long game. Captain Carter - badass again. Great use of Strange Supreme, its probably the only kind of setting he can be allowed to let loose - galactic level threats. In any other neighbourhood fracas he's just too OP to be of any interest.

It was the defeat of an infinite level threat… in 30 minutes.  It necessarily lacks the depth you would see in a longer format story.

35 minutes ago, ithanos said:

For me the problem is everything I predicted would happen in my head happened; Party Thor screwing the team over, Killmonger betraying the team, the random device that destroys the stones not working and so on. 

Downside:
It's an entire episode devoted to the most boringly predictable section of every Marvel film - the big CGI fight in the 3rd act.

Upsides:
I need more Captain Carter - give that woman a live-action series of her own - TV  or film, I don't care, just gimme!
Loved that the Wizard's most useful contribution is to buff his team mates, rather than throwing his own fireballs.

3 hours ago, sifth said:

So what was up with them randomly inserting Gamora into the episode. Was she part of a cancelled episode or something?

She was from the "What if Tony didn't make it back through the portal in The Avengers and ended up fighting on Sakaar. Oh and also Thanos died in the nuke explosion and Gamora is pissed" episode that got bumped to next season. Kinda weird that they still included her and that scene with Tony on Sakaar! 

Edit: just realized The Watcher called Gamora "destroyer of Thanos" so that can't be right.

7 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Downside:
It's an entire episode devoted to the most boringly predictable section of every Marvel film - the big CGI fight in the 3rd act.

Upsides:
I need more Captain Carter - give that woman a live-action series of her own - TV  or film, I don't care, just gimme!
Loved that the Wizard's most useful contribution is to buff his team mates, rather than throwing his own fireballs.

I really hope the rumor that she (and now they're saying Ultron bots too) are in Multiverse of Madness.

Really enjoyed it. Yes, there had been a lot of discussion about the series ending with a teamup and after last week's episode basically confirmed it, of course it wasn't a surprise, but you know, surprise isn't the only storytelling tool in the box. Tell a good story and it doesn't need a twist.

1 hour ago, Kaligator said:

Wish we would have gotten some Killmonger redeeming the worlds his way type of thing.

People tend to forget that Killmonger's kind of an asshole. He's got a point sometimes, but still, he's an asshole about it. I don't need to see his version of 'redemption' to know that it would suck.

And yes, it was obvious he'd betray the team, but that was the exact reason Uatu put him on the team! Which I liked.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I really hope the rumor that she (and now they're saying Ultron bots too) are in Multiverse of Madness.

If all the rumours are true that film is going to be 120 minutes of characters just popping in and leaving again. But I do hope Hayley Atwell keeps getting work with Marvel, in MoM or not: they sold her short in the past.

8 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Downside:

I don't mind the giant fights in an animated format as much because they can truly go crazy with the visuals in a way that's tougher to pull off in live action.  

Archived