What If? (Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

10 minutes ago, mormont said:

People tend to forget that Killmonger's kind of an asshole. He's got a point sometimes, but still, he's an asshole about it. I don't need to see his version of 'redemption' to know that it would suck.

I think it would be interesting in both the ways it did suck and the way it didn't. I think in general seeing not only the antiheroes but the heroes try to make a perfect world - and having them fail - is neat. 

Eh...I'll be honest here, I enjoyed the first...7 episodes.  The whole "threat to the entire multiverse" thing didn't make much sense to me.  Why take Killmonger on the team?  For that matter, why not get a million Thors, and a million Captain Marvels, etc...  For that matter, get someone from a universe where a good guy has all the Infinity Stones and isn't corrupted by them.  Get a million of them. 

If the Multiverse isn't infinite universes, but only a few hundred different universes, then...maybe.  But this just seemed sort of silly.  Especially after the Loki series, with the drawer full of Infinity Stones. 

I would have loved it if they actually recruited Zombie Wanda to the team. I wonder why they didn't include Spider-Man from that episode. 

Does it make sense that Loki has the scepter with the mind stone in it? 

It almost seems weird that the show is going to continue and the watcher will go back to watching. I hope they don't force another team up next season. 

11 hours ago, Quijote Light said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention the mid-credits scene. It’s at 30:44. 

I'm embarrassed to admit that even after almost a decade and a half of watching Marvel movies to the end of the credits... I didn't even think to watch these.  Thanks for letting me know!

I just binged the last four eps. Personally I thought it vastly improved in the second half, although that might be because I binged it.

The Killmonger one was probably the best, mostly because I was totally convinced both by the What If? (yeah, that’s probably what would happen if KM had knowledge of Stane’s treachery) and the point they made that even if the bad guys win there’s always other heroes to rely on.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel being a bad ass in the Thor episode, although she came off a little harsh, she was going to kill someone for throwing a disruptive party? Ultron fighting the Watcher through different realities was a great example of making the most of an animated setting.

The finale was ok, not great. I was annoyed by Natasha interrupting them for no reason and causing the fight to go on for longer than necessary. And how was the Watcher predicting what happened like Strange in Endgame? That’s not his power. He could have just told them to make sure and separate the stones from the body rather than a dubious Killmonger will definitely betray them plan.

The Natasha ending, returning her to a universe that was functionally the same as the mainstream marvel universe, kind of emphasises the problems with the multiverse format, you can do anything you want with that set up. Why not get a Tony Stark who lost his wife and kid in his universe and set him up in our universe?

1 hour ago, john said:

The Natasha ending, returning her to a universe that was functionally the same as the mainstream marvel universe, kind of emphasises the problems with the multiverse format, you can do anything you want with that set up. Why not get a Tony Stark who lost his wife and kid in his universe and set him up in our universe?

Is it functionally the same if all the original Avengers are dead but Cap? She seemed happy but also was going to get the bad news at some point. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that even after almost a decade and a half of watching Marvel movies to the end of the credits... I didn't even think to watch these.  Thanks for letting me know!

No worries! I’d given up on looking for them myself, but I saw a headline that mentioned it. We could all use more Captain Carter, even if it’s just a little. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Is it functionally the same if all the original Avengers are dead but Cap? She seemed happy but also was going to get the bad news at some point. 

Ok, sure. I thought that was a totally separate multiverse but I see now it’s the one where Pym killed the Avengers. Yeah, that’s not ideal. Uatu could have dropped her in the prime universe, seems like both Banner and Barton could do with her help.

I definitely was confused about the Gamora variant.  I thought at first maybe she was from the Starlord T'challa episode, but that clearly wasn't it.

Now that I've read about the Tony Stark wormhole episode, I understand where she came from... but I have zero clue why they didn't complete the episode if she was going to play such a key role in the conclusion of the season.

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I definitely was confused about the Gamora variant.  I thought at first maybe she was from the Starlord T'challa episode, but that clearly wasn't it.

Now that I've read about the Tony Stark wormhole episode, I understand where she came from... but I have zero clue why they didn't complete the episode if she was going to play such a key role in the conclusion of the season.

Yea that is a bad bit of planning there. I guess we’ll get an episode next season where we know Gamorra and Tony will end up at Nidavellir at the end? Is there a show airing next week that they wanted to clear the decks for? I can’t think of any other reason to bump it.

6 hours ago, john said:

Why not get a Tony Stark who lost his wife and kid in his universe and set him up in our universe?

Because according to this show, Tony Stark dies in pretty much every universe.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Apparently the studio that was animating that episode got badly hit by covid and they didn’t have time to finish it

Archived