Westeros Football League B

Whiskeyjack

57 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

you know i was thinking of doing that very thing

...then i woke up

:lmao:

I just tried looking up how to insult a navy-man and the best Google gave me was "How's your wife and my kids?"

While something of a good dig in the right context, I suppose it doesn't follow here.

Another weird one... not sure what to make of it. Picked 10th, had several players sniped; it's really hard to gauge who is/isn't coming back in a 2QB league at the bookends.

QBs - Tua Tagovailoa, Matt Ryan (Trey Lance, Davis Mills)

RBs - Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Mike Davis (Sony Michel, Rashaad Penny, Rhamondre Stevenson, Justin Jackson)

WRs - Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, DJ Moore (Laviska Shenault, Jaylen Waddle, Jakoby Meyers, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Rashod Bateman)

TE - Gerald Everett

K - Rodrigo Blankenship

DST - New England

Not as much fun as an auction, but ended up with a good team out of the 9 spot.  Honestly, think its nearly impossible to draft an obviously bad team in a snake, and also very difficult to get a great team that stands out.  POTN might have one, because he got CMC + a ton of players kept falling to him.  But its rare.

Anyway, here's my team.

QB - L.Jackson, J.Winston (J.Fields, T.Hill)
RB - S.Barkley, A.Gibson, G.Edwards (A.Dillon, T.Pollard, T.Williams, J.Patterson, D.Booker)
WR - AJ Brown, T.Lockett, A.Thielen, R.Anderson (D.Smith, E.Moore, R.Moore)
TE - R.Tonyan
K - Y.Koo
DEF - Baltimore

Think the main things that defined this draft for me were:

1) Decided to diversify a bit.  Took both Barkley and Brown over guys I rank 1-2 spots higher based on this. 

2) Went with Lamar at the end of round 3, and I'm not sure if it was the right decision.  He's definitely good value there in this format, and judging by the draft board, it would have been a big drop to the QB options who would have been left for me in round 5.  But the guy I passed up to take Brown in round 4 was Jefferson, and reality is that I could have had both of them with those 3/4 picks.  Not sure what would have been better - L-Jax, Brown, Lockett (which I got) or Rodgers, Brown, Jefferson (which I could have had with those same picks).  My auction values say the 3 I picked are worth $4 more, so I guess that's a point in favor of the path I took.  But its close.

3) My Justin Fields pick.  I don't know.  I sacrificed some really good players who I wanted to get with that one.  But my starting lineup was mostly set, I knew I'd be able to get good depth in a snake, and as soon as Lance was taken I knew that round didn't matter anymore.  It was either take Fields if you want him or let him go.  Hope I made the right call there.

Yeah, to comment on the Lance pick in that spot also - I figured there was 0 chance he'd get back to me since there would be 18 picks before my next one and WJ would have two. And while I have Fields ahead of him in redraft leagues, I also think that having "The 49ers QB" is fine in 2 QB leagues, but having "The Bears QB" is not very good, which is how I chose between the two. Ended up biting me in the ass, though, b/c Garoppolo got taken before I could snag him a few rounds later.

Another one I don't love, but don't hate (somewhat similar to my last snake draft).  Starting WR core is kind of ridiculous (Amari Cooper is my WR4...), QB has potential - but little depth, and RB is pretty weak unless I get lucky w/ a breakout.  I'm really happy w/ my bench picks though, so maybe I can sneak into the playoffs.

QB - Allen, Carr (Darnold)

RB - Kamara, Williams, Jones II (Williams, White, Murray)

WR - Ridley, Jefferson, Evans, Cooper (Boyd, Fuller, Reagar, Davis, Smith)

TE - Pitts

K - Sanders

D - Pit

Yeah, it was awesome always watching my queue shrink faster than I could put players in it:P  I think my starters are reasonably solid.  Anyway, here's where I ended up:

QB - Herbert, Tannehill (Bridgewater, D. Jones)

RB - CMac, Harris, Mostert (Fournette, Hyde, Gainwell, T. Jones, Jr.)

WR - Hopkins, Lamb, D. Samuel, Pittman, Jr. (Chark, Jr., Parker, Kirk)

TE - Hockenson, (Goedert)

K - M. Gay

DST - San Francisco 

Wooo, I won the draft report card, that means I'm Experts bound for sure. :P

QB - Russ, Dak (Baker, Jimmy)

RB - Chubb, Taylor, Swift (Sermon, Conner, M. Brown)

WR - Kupp, Claypool, M. Williams, Golladay (the other M. Brown, T. Williams, Sheppard, J. Crowder, P Campbell)

TE - Henry

K - Tucker

Def - Indy

QB: Rodgers, Stafford, Wilson, Minshew (yolo?)

WR: Robinson II, Higgins, Aiyuk, Sutton, Callaway, Matt Jones Jr, Riggs III, Hilton (IR), Thomas (IR)

RB: Henry, James Robinson, Mixon, Singletary, Ingram II, Coleman, Ahmed

TE: Waller, Jonnu

K: Gould

DST: Denver

Haven't done enough drafts to really know how I feel about this one yet but I've (always) got thoughts.

I like my quarterbacks. I like having quarterbacks at all ... but I like this group of quarterbacks. There were a couple who I wanted that almost made it back to me (I actually had Herbert and Tanny targeted at various times but ... alas) but Rogers can take a step back and still score well & I think Stafford will do an almost career year while Wilson could truly surprise. While I have roster space, I decided to throw out Minshew just in the hopes that them trading for him is a sign that Philly's QB position isn't actually settled and maybe I can steal one while Michael Thomas heals up.

My starters at RB are fine. Henry should do great and I think Robinson is probably a little undervalued while Mixon is a guy I hate and never draft but somehow he was the only guy with a pretty sure role when it came time to take my other starter. Allegedly, this group will be just fine. Injuries might be a problem, though, because the drop off is steep. That's pretty expected in a 3 RB league, though. I find that my backups are a place where I'm significantly out of touch with other people's values. There's a lot of guys in uncertain or committee roles and just based on ADP and having tried to trade some in the C league, my opinion on which ones have a more certain year is very different from most people's. Ingram might be the early down back in Houston but nobody seems to value him that way. I think he could get goal line as well. A lot of mouths in a bad team but he seems a decent chance for points. Tevin Coleman has familiarity with the coaching and I'm hoping that matters. Jets are a mystery at RB. I don't think the Bills will favor one guy or the other but Singletary is supposedly looked great and driven all year so far. Each of these guys has a decent chance at an inside track to lead their committee. Ahmed is a guy that I can't decide how to feel about, so I took him since I have him in the other league. Looking at his team, I wanted a few guys that Blu-Ray got. The Jerk.

I don't know what to think about my wide receivers. There's only one that I truly like and then the others are all potential. I think I've got a good package of them & it should allow someone or three to emerge and score well enough but I'm lukewarm on most of these guys. Pretty ecstatic to get Calloway and then Michael Thomas to stash. I was going to take them coming into the corner and then I felt I needed to take a different position, so I only took Calloway ... and it worked out well for me with Thomas making it back.

Waller is solid at TE and I was happy to get him but both of the guys I wanted at backup TE went in the 4 picks between mine, which happened a few times this draft ... which is somewhat odd. Bummed not to have a better #2 but Jonnu is highly rated. Higher than my own opinion.

Kicker? Who cares? I took one on an offense that's probably potent.

Denver's D looks stacked. I also don't care about DST much.

QB: K. Murray, K. Cousins (M. Jones)
WR: S. Diggs, D. Johnson, J. Chase, M. Hardman (C. Samuel, A.J. Green, R. Cobb)
RB: D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, D. Harris (C. Edmonds, D. Johnson, C. Hubbard, M. Mack, B. Scott)
TE: T. Kelce (R. Gronkowski)
K: H. Butker
DEF: Los Angeles Rams

Not sure about my WR3/4, but everything else looks OK.  Felt early to take Kelce at 6, but I didn't think he would make it back to me if I didn't take him there, and I really wanted to get him if I couldn't land a top 5 type RB.  

Archived