Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

5 hours ago, grozeng said:

I would love to, but I already have draft dates every night for the next week except for Sunday.

After 20 plus years of doing snake drafts, this will be my first auction draft. I've read just a little bit for tips but otherwise haven't really prepared. I don't know enough about what to truly expect to feel like I could prepare, so it feels silly to do so.

Long story short, hopefully everybody else is really bad at this!

11 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

After 20 plus years of doing snake drafts, this will be my first auction draft. I've read just a little bit for tips but otherwise haven't really prepared. I don't know enough about what to truly expect to feel like I could prepare, so it feels silly to do so.

Long story short, hopefully everybody else is really bad at this!

Trial by fire!

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

I would love to, but I already have draft dates every night for the next week except for Sunday.

We are probably going to have to draft opening night or after the first game at this point.  We really need 2 managers and then everyone has to declare their keepers, so it is going to be tough to draft before then.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I could be persuaded to join dynasty. And keeper if I'm really needed.

If cut the others next year but could swing 4 this year.

Look at the threads.  They are either Lord Dracarys or ME's teams.  First person to post would get their choice.

At this point I think we can only draft 9/8. opening night or after the first game to not conflict with other drafts.

Interesting draft last night.

The growing Ser Not Appearing vs Bronn rivalry was the highlight.

I like my starting lineup.  Ran out of money and my depth is rough.  Pretty typical for me, though I've had a few instances in recent years where I was smarter and saved.  Just couldn't resist a discounted DJ Moore for my last dollar (and honestly thought he'd go higher).  Even though I like the price, wish I would have replaced him with a cheaper WR3, and then I would have had the extra money to put into QB3, RB4, and WR4.

Love this team, but I have no depth outside of QB but my WR room is the best in the league. 

QB- Fitz, Darnold, Burrow, Tua

RB-  Ekeler, Henderson, Edmonds, Lindsey, Hyde, McCissik

WR- Adams, AJ Brown, McLaurin, Metcalf, Samuel, Sanders, Green

TE- Andrews, Smith Jr 

DEF- Baltimore, Indy

K- Crosby

Last night was a good start to the fantasy season for me, as I am very happy with my team.  I've got a solid starting lineup and depth at every position.  Could use a better RB3 in the near-term, but hoping I can dish for one.  Tonight I've got a money league snake draft that should be interesting.

QB - Murray, Herbert, Ryan, Lance

RB - Mixon, Davis, Hunt, Carter, Williams, Gainwell

WR - Robinson II, Thielen, Higgins, Cooper, Boyd, Cooks, M Brown, Gage, M Thomas

TE - Kelce, Tonyan

D - Buf

K - Koo

29 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Love this team, but I have no depth outside of QB but my WR room is the best in the league. 

QB- Fitz, Darnold, Burrow, Tua

RB-  Ekeler, Henderson, Edmonds, Lindsey, Hyde, McCissik

WR- Adams, AJ Brown, McLaurin, Metcalf, Samuel, Sanders, Green

TE- Andrews, Smith Jr 

DEF- Baltimore, Indy

K- Crosby

Also this is probably the most JJ-style team I've ever seen.  All its missing is Danny Woodhead.  :lol: 

Here's my team.

QB - J.Allen, J.Hurts (M.Trubisky, G.Minshew)
RB - J.Taylor, A.Gibson, N.Harris (T.Pollard, T.Williams, C.Hubbard, J.Patterson)
WR - J.Jefferson, C.Lamb, D.Moore, C.Beasley (R.Moore, E.Moore, T.Marshall, B.Edwards)
TE - T.Higbee
K - T.Bass
DEF - San Francisco

I know you're all busy trying to get a deal done with Ser Not Appearing, but if anybody wants to deal me a QB3, I'm interested.  I handcuffed my starters and they both have viable backups, so won't be desperate until byes hit Week 7.  But I'm always open to trade.

6 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I've had a few offers come in that approached reasonable, even if the specifics players weren't right for me. But I'm gonna take a deep breath or 500 before I do anything rash. 

My unsolicited opinion as an outsider who doesn't have a QB to trade you.  I'm sure you're on top of it, but I like thinking about strategy and trade scenarios.

I'd keep CMC and Henry.

Would split your QB seeking into 2 separate trades.  Would sell Robinson or Gaskin (probably going to have to be Robinson) for one QB.  And would sell Keenan or Kupp for another QB.

I think the RB for QB match is really obvious with one particular team. 

The WR match is harder to find, because everyone who had money to get extra QBs also had money to get WR depth.  But I think I can see a few options out there if you're willing to take the downgrade at WR (i.e. Keenan for a $7-10 WR + QB; or Kupp just for a QB who is worth a bit less than him straight up).

Would fall back on trading Henry if there were literally no other options, but would definitely want legitimately good players for him.

Oh, I've got thoughts but I'll keep them mostly to myself. Either way, I'm not trading players at a position of actual shortage straight up for players at a position of artificial shortage that only I truly suffer from.

My fortunes in this league, this year may not survive the principle of the matter but I'm rather firm on that.

Archived