Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

Interesting draft for me, as I’m usually the one who doesn’t spend money and outbids later in the draft. Lacking on QB depth at the moment, and my WR are not that great outside of a few I like.

QB - Rodgers, Carr, Red Rocket, Cam

WR - Hopkins, Aiyuk, Waddle, G Davis, Kirk, Humphries, Cole

RB - Chubb, CEH, Gus, Moss, Harris, Murray 

TE - Goedert, Jonnu, Firkser

K - Blankenship

DEF - Bucs

I like my team and was able to secure a good number of homer picks.  

QB: P. Mahomes, K. Cousins (B. Roethlisberger, Z. Wilson)
WR: T. Hill, S. Diggs, J. Chase, C. Davis (D. Parker, J. Meyers, N. Agholor)
RB: C. Carson, D. Montgomery, R. Jones II (D. Johnson, M. Mack, R. Penny, D. Williams)
TE: G. Kittle (H. Henry)
K: H. Butker
DEF: KC

Have some depth at QB, but could use an upgrade at WR3/4 and another RB.  Looks OK on paper, but I expect injuries and COVID to wreck havoc on most of our teams at some point in the season.  

Covid could be nasty this year. It seems like the NFL rules are based on the idea that vaccines prevent infection but the reality is that breakthrough infections aren't entirely uncommon with newer variants. The best impact of the vaccine is that you're less likely to get truly ill and or die.

Since they aren't shutting things down with vaccinated players, there's a sizable risk that breakthrough infections end up being common enough that infections just slowly seep through teams and stretch the impact out for weeks.

They should go back to last year's protocol, imo.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's always next week. I think we missed the first game last year.

Yeah, pretty much every day is out until 9/8 now.  So as long as we get both drafts before Sunday, I think we are good.  I am thinking 9/8 and 9/9 probably if that works for people

I should have been more aggressive later in the draft but I think I can work with this team.

QB - Wilson, Mayfield (Bridgewater, Jones, Lock)

RB - Elliot, Javonte Williams, Singletary (Swift, Dillon, Hines, Ty Johnson)

WR - Ridley, Anderson, Jeudy, Landry (Fuller, Mooney)

TE - Waller (Fant)

K - Zuerlein

DST - WFT

Traded Ben Roethlisberger and DeVante Parker to Greywater Watchers for Damien Harris.  I had an extra QB and wanted another RB, and Greywater had a lot of RB depth and could use another QB, plus Parker should be able to help out his WR depth.  I think this is a win-win for both of us.

17 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Interesting. That's a good example of how, like I mentioned in the B league, I seem an outlier on RBs values this year. I don't see Harris as worth a whole lot.

Think Harris is a very solid RB3 this year.  Limited by a lack of role in the receiving game, but Cam Newton being released (instead of just getting benched) is huge for him in terms of TD potential (was afraid Cam would be used in goal line packages if they kept him on the roster).

Don't have him in any of my 3 leagues yet, but wouldn't have a problem getting him.  Belongs in that same range as guys like Gus Edwards and Josh Jacobs, who have similar profiles.

Only thing is, the lurking Rhamondre threat behind Harris does add some uncertainty.  I think they like Harris a lot, but its NE and Rhamondre is really good, so you never know.

I had ceased negotiating with basically everyone, including you.

Then you offered Davante with Ekeler (inspired by the injury, I imagine) and I decided that I can either do as I had planned, which was to either wait for an injury or a certain team to get tired of holding so many quarterbacks or get lucky and have Lance actually truly take over despite the fact that he's injured right now (low odds of success overall) ... or I could make a move that got me the premier wide receiver and exchange for the premier running back (not a good enough trade) but take the two (bad) quarterbacks on the side and just hope that the Ekeler injury was a rest day (also low odds of true success but with a higher floor).

I'm tired, screw it. Worst case scenario, I have to start Kareem Hunt. That's far from ideal but not the worst thing in the world.

My two trades netted out as giving up $88 worth of players for $80 worth of players ... one of which was mystery-injured when I took him and another who got hurt and lowered his chances of taking over as starter. Given my position over the barrel, I guess that's not entirely terrible at face value.

RB

-Christian McCaffrey

-James Robinson

+Austin Ekeler

+Kareem Hunt

WR

-Cooper Kupp

+Davante Adams

QB

+Sam Darnold

+Tua Tagovailoa

+Trey Lance

Big sad but at least my starters are filled with real players.

Archived