Oops I Drank it Again!

mcbigski

Free Brittany!

Old thread was locked, and while this concoction is a little bit cloudy it hasn't gone all the way to curdled.  Been consuming more whey protein shakes usually with almond milk, to get to 200g protein a day without blowing out the total calorie number.  Happened to have some whole milk in the fridge for a change and since I find whole milk and whey protein to be a little too dairy tasting (though my iron gut has no issues there), I wondered about making a whole milk/whey protein shake into a White Russian.

Sure there's probably added sugar from the kahlua but tastes great!  Not so sure about the total calorie number today, but fuck it, still trending right.

The old thread is not, in fact, locked - although I suppose it's close enough.  Still, how drunk are you?

Anyway, never liked White Russians.  Plus they always reminded me of that freaky ass milk bar in A Clockwork Orange.

Drunk enough to not tell the difference between the no new posts symbol and thread locked. 2-3 glass of wine at my parents, a bottle of beaujolais at home plus the white russian protein mix.  We're at the mercy of the mods.  Merge them, delete them, whatever.

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Love the thread title. Working 90 hours a week, here, and about to mix myself a martini before I drunk text Peebs (who kicked a Vicodin + vodka habit 24 years ago and has been sober ever since) and thinks it’s hilarious when I have three glasses of wine.

I get that we all have different tolerances but I laugh when you say three glasses of wine gets you drunk.  Granted I was totally obliterated on the walk back from the Thai restaurant with RaceBannon, but my body of work that day was rather more robust than a bottle of wine.

Edited by mcbigski

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Like the thread title as well, forgot to mention that - free Brittany indeed.  Although I don't think a thread devoted to drunkenness is the best place to express that.

Also, if three glasses of wine gets you drunk, good for you!

She's somewhere near 40 and has scads of cash.  She ought to have reproductive freedom.  (Brittany, I mean.)

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah that is the sickest part of it all.  Even dystopian.  Also, it was funny the first time but, ya know, it's Britney not Brittany.

Well, I never claimed to be her perfect champion,  I'm a guy with all that prior baggage plus a couple of Enduro IPAs.  (If any one is ever in Plainville CT, check out Relic Brewing, and drop me a line).

I feel like this is about to devolve into a discussion of Champagne v. Alcoholic Beverage with a Sparkly Persuasion. What is the Breton national drink anyhow? Wasn’t there some kerfluffle about using Breton to desribe a certain kind of preppy (sloane ranger for our uk brethren (am I allowed to use that term?)) boat neck striped shirt?  Anyhow, I have successfully moved from a pop star through alcohol to fashion, and sober at that, so will rack that up as my win for today.

You did it @mcbigski!  Jamie Spears Agrees To Step Down From Britney Spears Conservatorship:

After 13 years of controlling Britney Spears' finances, Jamie Spears has filed a document in Los Angeles Superior Court agreeing to step down as the conservator of his daughter's estate. The move comes weeks after the singer filed a petition asking that her father be removed from his position, and that he be charged with conservatorship abuse.

Not my drinking, but the person next to me on the platform at 0530 wearing a health and safety high vis vest, with a can of lager and a spliff is giving me some concerns (TBF he looks like he has just finished a night shift rather than on his way in for an early one). 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:28 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Not my drinking, but the person next to me on the platform at 0530 wearing a health and safety high vis vest, with a can of lager and a spliff is giving me some concerns (TBF he looks like he has just finished a night shift rather than on his way in for an early one). 

Hey, the phrase "It's five o'clock somewhere!" makes no reference to AM or PM.