My asoiaf crush - Darkstar

Falcon2909

He's sexy and has valyrian features: A handsome man, he has a clean-shaven face with an aquiline nose, high cheekbones, dark purple eyes, and a strong jaw. Gerold has collar-length thick silver hair, divided by a streak of midnight black. 

He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she thought. Father would question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords. If there was a handsomer man in Dorne, she did not know him     Arianne Martell on Darkstar

Poison, yes. Pretty poison, though.[9] ---Arianne Martell on Darkstar

He's also swaggering, manly and dangerous. His hyper edgy anime villain features adds to his charm. 

More on him:

"I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it." –Darkstar

"The sands were duly grateful." –Darkstar in response to the question of how was his piss.
"He must have felt her gaze upon him, for he looked up from his sword, met her eyes, and smiled. Arianne felt heat rushing to her face. I should never have brought him. If he gives me such a look when Arys is here, we will have blood on the sand. Whose, she could not say. By tradition the Kingsguard were the finest knights in all the Seven Kingdoms . . . but Darkstar was Darkstar." -Arianne Martell on Darkstar

"If they went over to Tommen and the Lannisters, she would have Darkstar destroy them root and branch." -Arianne Martell on Darkstar

"Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne." –Doran Martell on Darkstar

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night." –Darkstar

--------------------

In TWOW I hope to see him steal Dawn. 

That line of hair is a clue. He has Targaryen blood.  Part Targaryen, part Dornish. One of the Baelors had similar hair pattern. He’s a bad boy. That’s why Arianne likes him. He’s the rogue prince of the moment. She will marry Aegon for power and love Darkstar on the side. 

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

That line of hair is a clue. He has Targaryen blood.  Part Targaryen, part Dornish. One of the Baelors had similar hair pattern. He’s a bad boy. That’s why Arianne likes him. He’s the rogue prince of the moment. She will marry Aegon for power and love Darkstar on the side. 

im not sure about a black streak but Elaena Targaryen had a gold streak though silver hair. Valarr brown hair with a silver streak. darkstar is a Dayne though and they are pretty valyrian looking. might just be a racial trait.

8 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Its not targaryen blood. 
House dayne and house hightower have similar silvery hair, because they're originally from the great empire of dawn (the ancestors of the valyrians)

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2021 at 7:09 AM, Falcon2909 said:

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night." –Darkstar

I know he thought he was being all badass with that line but my reaction was more Dorkstar than Darkstar.

6 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I’m saying he kicks Hotah’s butt in Winds. 

It's possible. A six foot long longaxe is a dangerous weapon but it's meant for a battlefield. It isn't meant for close in fighting. If you can press to get close and stay close then you're going to take mister longaxe down. Come to think of it, a longaxe is strange choice for a personal bodyguard to use.

32 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Hot isn't everything. Arianne is hot. I don't think I'd want anything to do with her outside maybe a one night stand. >.>

Now that's a delightful thought. :leaving:

31 minutes ago, Groo said:

It's possible. A six foot long longaxe is a dangerous weapon but it's meant for a battlefield. It isn't meant for close in fighting. If you can press to get close and stay close then you're going to take mister longaxe down. Come to think of it, a longaxe is strange choice for a personal bodyguard to use.

"Longsword is a bad option in close quarters" and Darkstar will most likely be using a longsword. 

my first reaction to the title: :D:D:D

but @Falcon2909 I totally get it. In all honesty I have a crush on him too! after all he is the stereotype of "extremely hot powerful smart dangerous guy"! but he also cut poor Marcella's ear ...so although I wish him to have a role in the next books , I hate to see Arianne gets together with him unless it's a one night stand !

and as you said he doesn't have to be a Targ or something.

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

"Longsword is a bad option in close quarters" and Darkstar will most likely be using a longsword. 

yeah and I think we've heard enough about Hotah's skills to know a knight ,however dangerous he is, cannot take him down but maybe Darkstar kills Obbara which I won't object to. on the other hand it seems pointless if Darkstar dies . my best guess is that Doran will compromise with him , with or without Dawn in his hand.

to quote Crosby Stills and Nash

"

Dark star, I see you in the morning, 
Dark star, a' sleeping next to me. 
Dark star, let the memory of the evening 
Be the first thing that you think of 
When you open up your smile and see me, dark star. 

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Hot isn't everything. Arianne is hot. I don't think I'd want anything to do with her outside maybe a one night stand. >.>

Gerold is kinda scummy when it comes down to it at the end of the day.

He is scummy but Jaime Lannister is many times scummier. 

5 hours ago, EggBlue said:

but he also cut poor Marcella's ear ...

I remember reading a theory which says he did not in fact cut off poor myrcella's ear because we the reader do not see it happening or something along those lines.

7 hours ago, Groo said:

isn't he trained to use other weapons? and what of high hermitage's security? would they simply let him and obara walk in and kill darkstar?

1 hour ago, Falcon2909 said:

isn't he trained to use other weapons? and what of high hermitage's security? would they simply let him and obara walk in and kill darkstar?

Normally I wouldn't draw attention to just one weapon but Hotah was "wedded" to his axe. He has an axe brand and sleeps with the axe. It's definitely his main weapon and it's possible it's his only weapon.

21 hours ago, EggBlue said:

but he also cut poor Marcella's ear

He probably didn't. I doubt even Myrcella knows who hurt her and Arianne and Doran are telling her to lie about it anyway, the same way they're lying about who killed Arys Oakheart.

There's one character in Arianne's entourage who is not mentioned past the first half of the chapter (The Queenmaker) and that's Sylva Santagar. And she is the one person in that group of conspirators who has good reasons for wanting to harm Myrcella and start a war between Dorne and the Lannisters.

3 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

And she is the one person in that group of conspirators who has good reasons for wanting to harm Myrcella and start a war between Dorne and the Lannisters.

what good reason?

Archived