My asoiaf crush - Darkstar

Falcon2909

4 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

what good reason?

There was another Santagar in the story before Sylva was ever introduced. Aron Santagar was the master-at-arms at the Red Keep. And he was murdered by the mob during the Bread Riots on the day Myrcella sailed for Dorne.

An interesting happens when Myrcella is introduced to Ariane's companions. Garin is introduced as an orphan, so Myrcella assumes that his mother died and she is very empathetic toward him and his loss, until they explain to her what the Orphans. When Darkstar is introduced, she right away remembers that there was an Arthur Dayne in Aerys's Kingsguard.

When Sylva is introduced, as "Sylva Santagar, my dear Spotted Sylva," her last name goes unacknowledged. Myrcella focuses on the nickname instead. 

Whatever Sylva's blood ties to Aron were, they are never brought up by Myrcella like the blood tie between Darkstar and Arthur was. Even if she never interacted with Aron Santagar, Myrcella would still know his name. 

And I think it's done on purpose the connection between the two is obscured on purpose.

And that's the reason Sylva would have tried to kill Myrcella. Everyone is busy watching what's going on with Hotah and Oakheart. Sylva's name doesn't come up once after the group reaches their destination. She doesn't say anything when Hotah appears, unlike Myrcella and Ariane, she is not screaming and shrieking when the fight is happening.

Sylva striking at Myrcella is all about vengeance. It's not like it's a rational thing.

15 minutes ago, asongofheresy said:

Darkstar appreciation is always welcomed, though I am afraid my crushes are Tyrell siblings, well all except Loras, since their features are striking for me. 

yeah, Garlan is by far the hottest guy is Westeros.

54 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

There was another Santagar in the story before Sylva was ever introduced. Aron Santagar was the master-at-arms at the Red Keep. And he was murdered by the mob during the Bread Riots on the day Myrcella sailed for Dorne.

An interesting happens when Myrcella is introduced to Ariane's companions. Garin is introduced as an orphan, so Myrcella assumes that his mother died and she is very empathetic toward him and his loss, until they explain to her what the Orphans. When Darkstar is introduced, she right away remembers that there was an Arthur Dayne in Aerys's Kingsguard.

When Sylva is introduced, as "Sylva Santagar, my dear Spotted Sylva," her last name goes unacknowledged. Myrcella focuses on the nickname instead. 

Whatever Sylva's blood ties to Aron were, they are never brought up by Myrcella like the blood tie between Darkstar and Arthur was. Even if she never interacted with Aron Santagar, Myrcella would still know his name. 

And I think it's done on purpose the connection between the two is obscured on purpose.

And that's the reason Sylva would have tried to kill Myrcella. Everyone is busy watching what's going on with Hotah and Oakheart. Sylva's name doesn't come up once after the group reaches their destination. She doesn't say anything when Hotah appears, unlike Myrcella and Ariane, she is not screaming and shrieking when the fight is happening.

Sylva striking at Myrcella is all about vengeance. It's not like it's a rational thing.

Right. Hotah and the guards with him are all facing Arianne and her group but none of them saw who struck Myrcella. No one saw Sylva draw a weapon. When Myrcella screamed no one turned to look at what happened and saw Sylva nearby with a drawn weapon. Myrcella herself is completely oblivious to who just attacked her and cut off her ear. Luckily for Sylva, no blood got on her clothes and she had time to put her weapon away with no one noticing. Also, it is completely irrelevant that just a few hours prior to all this that Darkstar suggested killing Myrcella would be a better way to start the war.

25 minutes ago, Groo said:

Also, it is completely irrelevant that just a few hours prior to all this that Darkstar suggested killing Myrcella would be a better way to start the war.

Him suggesting it doesn't mean that he did it. But he sure planted the idea for it. The attempt on Myrcella's life is not planned. It's a clumsy attempt. 

In any case, I think the reunion between Ariane and Sylva in TWoW should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

that was a hard connection to make considering the riot was 1-2 books ago and we don't get Sylva's last name till another Cersei chapter but it makes sense since it seemed really idiotic for Darkstar to start a war like that with no personal motivation. I do wish it's the case. it'll show the personal losses of seemingly less important people in a new light.

34 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

It's a clumsy attempt.

Yet it's so smooth that everyone thinks someone else did it, even the victim. It "is not planned" but it only made sense for her to do it if she knew someone else would run away and get blamed. How did she know Darkstar would take off and run right after she did it? I suppose it doesn't make sense that he ran away after he did it.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, Groo said:

I know he thought he was being all badass with that line but my reaction was more Dorkstar than Darkstar.

:D My reaction to that line from Darkstar was more "Darkwing Duck" than Darkstar so I basically agree with you!  Still, it'll be interesting to see what Martin has planned for him.

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

:D My reaction to that line from Darkstar was more "Darkwing Duck" than Darkstar so I basically agree with you!  Still, it'll be interesting to see what Martin has planned for him.

House Dayne's colors are purple. Just like Darkwing. Coincidence? <_<

Let's. Get. Dangerous. 

1 hour ago, corbon said:

And not an uncle...

Right, Darkstar can fulfil Arianne's fantasies about his uncle:

"My uncle brought me here, with Tyene and Sarella." The memory made Arianne smile. "He caught some vipers and showed Tyene the safest way to milk them for their venom. Sarella turned over rocks, brushed sand off the mosaics, and wanted to know everything there was to know about the people who had lived here."

"And what did you do, princess?" asked Spotted Sylva.

I sat beside the well and pretended that some robber knight had brought me here to have his way with me, she thought, a tall hard man with black eyes and a widow’s peak. The memory made her uneasy. “I dreamed,” she said, “and when the sun went down I sat cross-legged at my uncle’s feet and begged him for a story.”

16 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

House Dayne's colors are purple. Just like Darkwing. Coincidence? <_<

Purple and white, to be exact. 

20 hours ago, Lady_Qohor said:

But that said, I'm struggling to see a viable alternative for the real culprit. 

I think it odd that we get everybody else's reactions, except for Sylva but there are the questions of a). why she would do that? and b). where she would hide the weapon used? I'm fairly certain that, judging by the wounds, that it wasn't a dagger that did that. I think it would be noted if Sylva wore a sword as well. 

He is a future Smiling Knight, like all others who have wanted to be "like Ser Arthur Dayne".

"It's that white sword of yours I want," the robber knight told him as they resumed, though he was bleeding from a dozen wounds by then. "Then you shall have it, ser," the Sword of the Morning replied, and made an end of it.

The Choice is Yours.

No wonder Darkstar drinks unsweetened lemon water and is so "sour". Like Lemoncloak.

Archived