MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

2 hours ago, john said:

Wtf was that vibranium table thing? It makes no sense and is only funny if they’re playing the character of Ikaris as a Will Ferrell style moron, for some reason.

Phastos is the Eternal analog to Hephaistos [Hephaestus]. He's your prototypical Builder type, so the rip follows. And while Ikaris isn't dumb per se, dude's not exactly bright. He's an arrow.   

5 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

Well, it's been a while and I'm sure others can provide more detail.  The Celestials are a mysterious galactic level race of beings that had quite a lot to do with developments on Earth in the Marvel Universe.  They created the Eternals and the Deviants and they created the X-gene that causes mutants.  They are godlike beings in that way.  They are also massively huge and spend a lot of their time standing around looking menacing.  I do not believe Ego is a Celestial but I could be wrong.  They just sort of embody 'strange-mysterious-powerful-space' vibes.  I can't recall them ever being much bothered excepting the time The Beyonder gave them some trouble.  Now I want to read up on Celestial lore...

So that was a later ret-con I'm guessing?  Otherwise, the name Children of the Atom really loses its weight...

I was not very excited about shang-chi but the reactions and plot summary are very encouraging. I saw a few people compare it to Black Panther. 

I'm not really clear on why people would go nuts for the end credit scenes though. Maybe calibrate your expectations there. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I'm not really clear on why people would go nuts for the end credit scenes though. Maybe calibrate your expectations there. 

Agreed, definitely doesn't sound like that big of a deal.

20 hours ago, Denvek said:

You'll need to be more specific...

Presumably they mean the one with Ramsey Bolton in it. I dont know if that was netflix but I get the same vibes albeit with a higher budget.

7 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Presumably they mean the one with Ramsey Bolton in it. I dont know if that was netflix but I get the same vibes albeit with a higher budget.

You mean Loras Tyrell? Yeah Iron Fist was the one that had a poor season 1, all the others were well received. The Defenders was not so well received either. 

5 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

That one was on ABC actually. The fist episode was even released in IMAX theaters. I don't know for sure but I'd bet the Netflix shows had slightly higher budgets than the three ABC shows.

I'm really curious how Ms. Marvel will handle the Inhumans. It seems to me they're finally going to have to say that at least the ABC shows were not canon. But who knows they might surprise me and reveal that she got her powers from an old jar of fish oil. 

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

You mean Loras Tyrell? Yeah Iron Fist was the one that had a poor season 1, all the others were well received. The Defenders was not so well received either. 

No I just looked it up, it was Inhumans. It made Iron Fist look like an Emmy winner.

Just now, JEORDHl said:

You and Rum spoiled yourselves… sheesh on a stick.

I do this a lot. I also rewatch a lot of stuff. If the movie/show/book is good and not twist based garbage it really doesn't effect my enjoyment of the thing. I wasn't going to rush to see this either. I still haven't gotten around to Black Widow. Wasn't really excited about either of them. I'm excited about this one now. 

Jesus guys! I meant Jupiter's Legacy! I had to google it already.

I'm not saying that this looks bad or that it will bomb, just that it very much reminds me visually and because of 'we don't interfere' trope.

I hope it will turn out great and that will make a lot of money at the box office.

I'll probably see the Ethernals opening weekend, just to stick it to China, heck I might see it twice. For once I'm actually impressed with Disney for standing up to China's bs censorship. A lot can happen from here and then though.

Archived