MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

13 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

One who publishes scoops. "According to sources within Disney...You heard it here first!", except half the time their scoops turn out to be wrong.

That's what I thought.  Then I talked myself into it being something else for no reason.  Thanks for guiding me back to shore.

5 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Can I remark about repetitive villains like Green Goblin in a 5th movie or is that too much complaining now? :P

Seriously though, I never actually thought about it before but I wonder if there's actually a new Spiderman villain in this movie and if they were able to keep things (like a character in Loki) quiet enough during the pandemic.

You don't go around keeping things quiet and under wraps AND filming Tom Holland with them.

That's just a recipe for failure

5 hours ago, Myrddin said:

But I do agree with you, WG. It's just more effort to do what Batman writers have done and assemble a rogue's gallery of contrasts instead of just dark mirrors.

That was by accident rather than design. Batman has faced multiple 'dark versions of himself' over the years (Owlman, The Wrath, Thomas Wayne Batman, and more), it's just that the Joker etc. were more popular with readers (and, like Superman's villains, they mostly come from very early comics where the genre was still sorting itself out). Besides, many of the other heroes listed have enemies that have completely different power sets (Green Lantern - Solomon Grundy, Vandal Savage, the Flash - Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Ant-Man - Ultron, Egghead, and so on).

As for the trailer, it looks interesting. Basically the plot is straight from the comics but with a twist. Could be fun.

4 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Too bad no sign of Daredevil yet.

What do you mean?  Daredevil is in this movie or is there a DD movie being made?  NVM...I think I know what is what now. 

Also, I wish I was Dr. Strange.

I hope there is more context to Strange acting like a massive twat. In the comics it’s Mephisto who you might think has better reason for sowing chaos.

Also MJ reading a newspaper rather than her phone? Clearly they’re already in one of the alternate realities where kids are dweebs.

1 hour ago, Inkdaub said:

What do you mean?  Daredevil is in this movie or is there a DD movie being made?  NVM...I think I know what is what now. 

Also, I wish I was Dr. Strange.

There are rumours that Charlie Cox is going to be in it.

2 hours ago, john said:

I hope there is more context to Strange acting like a massive twat. In the comics it’s Mephisto who you might think has better reason for sowing chaos.

Also MJ reading a newspaper rather than her phone? Clearly they’re already in one of the alternate realities where kids are dweebs.

One of the theories online is Strange is really Mephisto in disguise. I know though, people were saying the same thing since Wanda Vision, so it's probably not true. It would sort of annoy me if they did do it, because it would be too similar to what they pulled with Furry and Hill in the last film, which still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, IMO.

9 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

So the multiverse gets jacked up because Peter Parker couldn't keep his mouth shut while Dr. Strange was casting some mega time/mind erasing spell? 

I wonder if they got that idea from Tom Holland being the #1 spoiler risk among MCU actors.

So does this trailer contradict the final episode of Loki? That episode implies that the timeline gets screwed up, because a certain someone dies or does that just result in it's creation and do Stranges actions simply cause it to spill over to our world? So many questions, but overall very interesting trailer.

Also I too hate that so many comic villains are simply clones of the heroes. It seems beyond lazy at times.

32 minutes ago, sifth said:

or does that just result in it's creation and do Stranges actions simply cause it to spill over to our world?

That’d be my guess, Loki (the show) created the timelines and Strange accidentally lets some of them bleed over (Doc Oc and Green Goblin all coming from timelines where nobody knew who Peter was, as requested).

5 hours ago, john said:

I already saw a theory that "Strange" in the trailer is Agatha from Wandavision in disguise. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

I'm hoping he is the guy dropping papers on the desk in front of Peter.

I dunno that guy seems aggressive towards spider-man. Slamming down the papers like "it's over parker, we found your erotic thanos fan fiction!" Plus he doesn't seem like he's acting blind. 

14 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I already saw a theory that "Strange" in the trailer is Agatha from Wandavision in disguise. :laugh:

I dunno that guy seems aggressive towards spider-man. Slamming down the papers like "it's over parker, we found your erotic thanos fan fiction!" Plus he doesn't seem like he's acting blind. 

That's the implication in the trailer, though I will admit Disney has lied/misdirected in it's trailers before. The Star Wars sequel films, use to do this all the time, with their trailers.

5 hours ago, john said:

He did seem massively out of character to me. But the last Marvel thing I saw was Endgame, so I might be missing important context. My first impression though was either he wasn't actually Strange, or this another "he looked at every future and this was the best one" thing; but both those twists are things that have hampered before in the MCU and it'd be kinda boring for either to happen again.

55 minutes ago, Fez said:

He did seem massively out of character to me. But the last Marvel thing I saw was Endgame, so I might be missing important context. My first impression though was either he wasn't actually Strange, or this another "he looked at every future and this was the best one" thing; but both those twists are things that have hampered before in the MCU and it'd be kinda boring for either to happen again.

Strange can't look into the future anymore because he no longer has the time stone.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Plus he doesn't seem like he's acting blind.

Are they alone in that room?  Spider-Man knows Murdock doesn't have to act blind.  They are in an interrogation room, though, so they are likely being watched whatever the case.

Archived