MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

7 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I think he's the villain (and therefore a variant) only because the teaser doesn't hint at any other possible person who could be the movie's big bad who would be taking advantage of the multiverse.  So by process of elimination, as far as the teaser goes.

There doesn't have to be a big bad; the movie could be about Strange and Spidey dealing with the consequences of their mistakes. We know there are multiple villains for them to fight in the process.

8 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I am curious why the Sanctum is covered in snow, forcing Strange and Wong to wear winter clothing. That may just be a joke, but could be the first clue as to what is happening with Strange.

Swear I saw an image from the trailer where Spider-Man was holding what looked like the Cask of Ancient Winter and he was handing it to Strange... but as I've seen nothing out there about that, I figure I'm projecting...

If Spider Man's new film has a main villain, my money's on Willem Dafoe's Norman Osborn/Green Goblin being the winner. I mean we hear his laugh and see a pumpkin bomb in the trailer. I just hope he gets a better mask this time, hopefully a similar one to the test footage for the original Spiderman film.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, mormont said:

1. MCU Spidey doesn't know that: he never met Matt Murdock.

2. Matt isn't acting blind. He is blind. What he's doing is pretending he doesn't have radar, enhanced hearing etc. I know that seems like nitpicking but there's a bit there about his presentation as a disabled person that is important.

1. Ah ok I didn't know that about MCU Spider-Man.

2. Yeah that's true and I could have stated that more clearly I think.  I am aware he is blind.  I was responding to a statement about that little bit of scene wherein the character slamming the files down was not 'acting blind' and therefore may not be Matt Murdock.  I hope it is, though.  Likely most people do.

Spoilers from What If trailer episode 4

Spoiler

Dr. Strange meets a variant of himself.  I think they're clearly setting things up for a variant to be the villain in No Way Home.  Doubtful Peter makes it back to his own universe.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:52 AM, Nictarion said:

Sounds like Shang-Chi is really good. Especially the action and fight choreography.

I saw this and the Jeremy Jahns review back to back. Jahns was definitely less impressed by the movie. It worried me that he basically says opening third is amazing martial arts action, followed by a slow second act and a boring CGI big battle third act.

I get the sense that if you pay the most attention during the first act you’ll love the movie, but those red flag for the template issues around Marvel movies in general does not give me high hopes 

I saw Shang-Chi tonight and it's nothing to sing praises about. Great fight action, and good music with beats that went well with the action. An awful lot of CGI, though, especially in the final act. I do commend them for not shying away from having a lot Chinese dialogue in the movie. I think it's easily 50/50 on that.

15 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I saw Shang-Chi tonight and it's nothing to sing praises about. Great fight action, and good music with beats that went well with the action. An awful lot of CGI, though, especially in the final act. I do commend them for not shying away from having a lot Chinese dialogue in the movie. I think it's easily 50/50 on that.

I enjoyed it.  The martial arts was phenomenal.  One of the better origin stories in the MCU.  The CGI was only a problem when for fasting moving action sequences but I could follow what was going on at least.

Are we talking spoilers yet?  The mid credits scene brings up some questions.  The end credits scene was expected.

35 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I enjoyed it.  The martial arts was phenomenal.  One of the better origin stories in the MCU.  The CGI was only a problem when for fasting moving action sequences but I could follow what was going on at least.

Are we talking spoilers yet?  The mid credits scene brings up some questions.  The end credits scene was expected.

I would spoiler tag since it's Day 1 of the release and this is the broader MCU thread and not a dedicated Shang-Chi one (which could be created if the discussions really take off).

51 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Looks fun. 

Edit: I hope we get to see a decent chunk of Rogers: The Musical. 

Loved that!  Not sure how they turn that into a six episode series, that looks perfect for a two hour movie.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Loved that!  Not sure how they turn that into a six episode series, that looks perfect for a two hour movie.

It looked more like a Die Hard reboot than a Hawkeye show.  Which..I'm not necessarily complaining about.

5 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Question I have is: Where is

More importantly, where is Linda Cardellini?!?

Archived