MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

11 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Looks like Electro has an Arc reator.

Huh, doesn't he generate his own electricity? 

I'd still love a huge infodump on the state of this fictional world. After the advent of the arc reactor, the arrival of aliens, the snap, the realization that there are friendly aliens to have diplomatic relations with. I'd just love a fake documentary or something to fill in some of the gaps as to what the hell life is like for the non-super people in the world now. 

39 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'd still love a huge infodump on the state of this fictional world. After the advent of the arc reactor, the arrival of aliens, the snap, the realization that there are friendly aliens to have diplomatic relations with. I'd just love a fake documentary or something to fill in some of the gaps as to what the hell life is like for the non-super people in the world now. 

I thought about this while watching The Eternals - and a giant alien almost ripped apart the Earth from the inside, and another one appeared in orbit.  People must live in a constant state of fear at this point...you never know what world ending catastrophe is going to happen from day to day.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I thought about this while watching The Eternals - and a giant alien almost ripped apart the Earth from the inside, and another one appeared in orbit.  People must live in a constant state of fear at this point...you never know what world ending catastrophe is going to happen from day to day.

Well based on The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, it seems business as usual, at least in the political world.

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

If our world is anything to go by, a good part of the population thinks it's all a hoax, including the people that disappeared in the snap.

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

This is the world where the US Vice President attempts to assassinate the President and the US intelligence agency has huge helicopter aircraft carriers intending to mass execute a bunch of civilians. At this point in the MCU, any sane person would be in a bunker with a bunch of guns and canned food and staying the hell away from any major city.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

This is the world where the US Vice President attempts to assassinate the President and the US intelligence agency has huge helicopter aircraft carriers intending to mass execute a bunch of civilians. At this point in the MCU, any sane person would be in a bunker with a bunch of guns and canned food and staying the hell away from any major city.

Nah.  Just the ones on the coast.  The Midwest is totally fine.

45 minutes ago, dog-days said:

I dunno - years of alien invasions failed to stop property prices rising in Cardiff. 

Are you one of those people who insist Wales is a real country?! 

12 hours ago, briantw said:

Why would anyone still live in New York in the MCU at this point?

Free power from the arc reactor! Also they have Rogers: The Musical!

One of the many things I liked about the recent Watchmen show was that they showed how thirty so years after the alien squid attack NYC was still a ghost town and they were making commercials to try to lure people back. 

Hawkeye drops tonight [two episodes] I have high[er] hopes for this one, will be staying up to watch. My 14yo will be cranky I didn't wait for her [Mom's parenting week] but hopefully my selfish asshole of a dog Tulip will cooperate and not be insisting on playtime 

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

Hawkeye drops tonight [two episodes] I have high[er] hopes for this one, will be staying up to watch. My 14yo will be cranky I didn't wait for her [Mom's parenting week] but hopefully my selfish asshole of a dog Tulip will cooperate and not be insisting on playtime 

Is that everywhere?

Archived